The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar...

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar... Empty Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar...

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-04, 5:50 pm

...Telnic tells you what you need to do to achieve this

Not sure though what the business model would be to justify the necessary development expenditure ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar... Empty Re: Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar...

Post by Rambo 2012-11-04, 6:48 pm

The question is why anybody should invest time and money in such an adventure while Telnic is resting and nothing can be heard from them!?
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar... Empty Re: Become a TelHosting Provider without being a Registrar...

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-05, 1:43 am

mikeseaton wrote:...Telnic tells you what you need to do to achieve this

Not sure though what the business model would be to justify the necessary development expenditure ?

I've seen a number of people run their own control panel, not only is it I would guess cool to have it link to your own website and not (no offence) name.com or what ever registrar, I would think it looks better to a visitor and a web spider if the cp quick link goes to a subdomain you own and developed with your brand icons and theme etc.

The fact registrars now complain? that the telhosting is a burden is just ridiculous as is too complain that dot tel gives them no opportunity to sell 3rd party services like they do with normal domains is also utterly ridiculous, especially when they're experts at running a "telhosting" server so could they offer us a custom telhosting setup, like they do with websites/servers offering space and such they could offer us one so we have our own on our own url subdomain and can edit it anyway we choose but know it has all the resources we paid for to run and upgrade as we please like normal web-hosting.

And just because it's normally used to let others edit their dot tel data don't mean you can't have one that lets random none dot tel owners edit subdomains, last name developer guy is proof of that.

And assuming you run a website that needs to integrate dot tel domains in more ways than just openid etc then I would assume becoming a telhosting provider is one main step towards that, as it's part authentication by telnic? by that I mean you become a "trusted" party?

Though I can't say "trusted" party swings both ways.

The main reason I'm still using dot tel is because when it first came out I saw it as a potential development platform not just an online card with a few links, I still believe it should stay simple to this concept but to not push it as far as they can is letting the future slip away, I still hold the hope that one day with or without telnames someone will make it that universal platform with the virtual avatar that is compatible with all other platforms, because they set the standard that other websites/games pull it out because they're a TLD not just a website.

Let me give you an example, if you've ever seen starwars then you've seen the holographic projection units "the 3d phones of intergalactic communication", now imagine the amount of data that would need to send and receive for real time 3d projected video? if you have an ID aka a dot tel and the projection unit can look up your "avatar" from people you know/call regularly and download it to your phone before you've hit call or as it's dialing or before you even leave for another planet then the other person don't need to send massive amounts of data, all it needs is the voice carrier and the animation data to how your body is moving or mouth is moving and that can be generic pre-programmed animations that don't need downloading etc just being sent in packet like 0,1,2,3,4? being like 4 quantum states? plus a 0 or is it 0-3 either way it's tiny amounts of "do this data".

With FTP and such thing's can be expanded and reinterpreted how the proxy views this content through it but remain relatively simple as always to the end user.

People laughing at us and dot tel is a strength, no other TLD/site is so simple and well designed that people who lack imagination can interpret it as so easy to use they have to laugh.

They may laugh for other reasons but at the end of the day keeping it looking simple for simple minded joe to be able to use and access their information through is better than complex stan of which only 10% of the world is as 90% is simple joe.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-05, 8:09 am

The Registrars have been given the opportunity by Telnic to offer their own customised TelHosting and Proxy for at least a couple of years now and have clearly shown (by not taking up this offer) that they have no commercial interest in undertaking the necessary software development.

So Telnames is all we've got in terms of marketed product (if you discount the original non-marketed Telnic subdomain .tels).

Unless of course software developers such as Mark Kolb or TelCP feel it is worthwhile to apply to Telnic to become TelHosting Providers ?

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-11-05, 10:42 am

mikeseaton wrote:Unless of course software developers such as Mark Kolb or TelCP feel it is worthwhile to apply to Telnic to become TelHosting Providers ?
    ... and doing the work Telnic is avoiding since long?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 12:01 am