The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

.tel promises

gobigcity
    gobigcity

Warning level : 100 %

.tel promises Empty .tel promises

Post by gobigcity 2012-05-08, 5:52 pm

I was banned from the other forum for getting a bit to verbal about my frustration of Telnic's lack of visibility. I sat out for a year and only have 7 .tels down from 150. I like my 7 a lot and am sitting on them with the hope that the long awaited for momentum will come. Can we discuss?
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel promises Empty Re: .tel promises

Post by Tel 2012-05-08, 7:33 pm

Telnic has always banned all forum members which used "explicit" criticism against them. In addition only half of the forum categories have been public; the rest has been restricted to logged in forum members.
    After some templates from Telnames have been found on the internet, speculations about their strategy came up. In reaction to this the forum was shut down last month completely; especially all content has been made invisible to the public. The speculations have never been commented; Telnic gave only the info that no comments to this topic will be made.
    Following the previous discussion at Telnic it's obvious most .tel domain investors have reduced their .tel domain portfolio dramatically (just like you). When the momentum will come is not clear, but perhaps the new templates from Telnames will inflame new interest.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-09, 6:36 am

I think teltalk is a great thing, if we can build a community here that cares we could put money into making teltalk a real organization that runs it's own proxy and control panel and does the things that we vote on adding. I would prefer this than waiting on telnics and other registrars lack of technical skills and vision coupled with crippling their own products and now the telnames proxy fiasco.

Why wait for them? build a community of visionaries here, bring your technical friends and then if theres enough money, traffic & need we'll make teltalk a community run proxy.

We'll all lead and make telnic ashamed of what they couldn't accomplish on their own, that's better payback than waiting around complaining about them and who knows as an org we could buy telnic out and unlock .tels potential.
    allvipdomains
    allvipdomains

Post by allvipdomains 2012-05-09, 8:51 am

I came to this forum 3-5 days ago but I thinks that this is a very good community about dot tel domains. I'd like write in spanish (my language) but I try to write in english each time becasuse the information in this forum is very good and refreshed, I think.

Share this community!
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-05-09, 1:57 pm

Bunjie wrote:... organization that runs it's own proxy and control panel and does the things that we vote on adding.
    That would push the innovation potential for .tel significant.

There is one requirement: For such a project the participation of a registrar is required!

Aled Williams (Director of Customer Services, Telnic) stated last month:

As has been mentioned on the forum several times, Telnic has made it possible for Registrars to host and maintain their own CTH and as such produce their own proxy variations. Any features/restrictions that are made in these custom versions have no impact on the standard CTH which is provided by Telnic to all registrars, including the number of records in a folder, the number of characters permitted in each section and the number of subfolders permitted.
    In general Telnic doesn't permit access to other parties than registrars.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2012-05-09, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-09, 2:10 pm

Tel wrote:Telnic gave only the info that no comments to this topic will be made.
    Here the mentioned comment from Aled Williams (Director of Customer Services, Telnic):

Recently, speculation regarding an entity that has yet to launch and which is testing a new template unrelated to the CTH competition templates has been discussed heavily in this forum. For clarity, we would like to say that we will not use this forum to discuss this entity and any questions relating to this entity should be directed to them, via their .tel name. We can however confirm that this entity is not an ICANN-accredited Registrar and thus why Telnic will not be engaging in communications regarding this entity in the .tel community forum.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-10, 4:40 am

TelTalk wrote:
    Bunjie wrote:... organization that runs it's own proxy and control panel and does the things that we vote on adding.
    There is one requirement: For such a project the participation of a registrar is required!
    Thinking about such an initiative we've to consider the following:

• .tel domain owners can profit from an independent proxy only if their .tel domains are located at that registrar where it is maintained.
      Therefore a registrar with competitive prices and a high portfolio of .tel domains / high amount of .tel customers comes into question.
      I suggest that can be only name.com (as the biggest .tel registrar after TelChina and with the cheapest retail price on the market).
    • We need enough experienced and motivated programmers on a voluntary basis. That means we need to include Mark Kolb from Telmasters, Mike Seaton from TelDial and Placidus Fernando from TELcp.
    • We need more forum members to collect and vote representative development ideas. Since this forum is not 2 weeks old yet, I hope this will come within the time.
    gobigcity
    gobigcity

.tel promises Empty Scratching my head

Post by gobigcity 2012-05-15, 11:43 am

I am still trying to figure out why there is no uproar about what is going on at Telnic. Will they be putting all energy into the one page Telnames? If so, all of the .tels purchased for directory purposes are worthless

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 7:22 pm