The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains Empty Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains

Post by Alex 2012-11-28, 1:09 pm

The most important topics on TelTalk with collected suggestions for Telnic are the following:

This is the list of suggestions or missing features collected on this forum from many members how .tel could be improved:

.tel domains:

• Background pictures for all .tel domain owners and for all templates
    • Big pictures for all templates - not only template 8
    • Ability to insert numerous pictures and at any position
    • Ability to insert text at any position of the domain and formatting it (minimum: bold letters and itemization / listings – cursive and underlined text would be nice, too)
    • Providing footer with links
    • Masked URL - to cover long hyperlinks
    • Buttons for social networks on all templates
    • Individual logo for contact types
    • Direct upload of pictures and videos
    • Direct management of ads - without using third party tools
    • Delivering “Free Calls” buttons
    • RSS feeder for content updates
    • Integration of contact forms
    • Opening and closing sections
    • Possibility for aggregation of several contact types
    • Delivering modern icons
    • Inserting text in the main body of the domain
    • Content management system for .tel domains
    • No background pics
    • No text on top of the domain
    • No coupons
    • No PDF upload
    • No forms
    • No product catalog
    • No microblogging
    • No call button
    • No text formatting
    • No RSS feeder
    • No integrated e-mail solution
    • No online payment
    • No mobile payment
    • No full view on cell phones
    • No automatic login
    • No website design without third-party tools
    • No nice website design
    • No nice mobile website
    • Display of different subjects both on desktops and on mobiles, only on desktops or only on mobiles
    • Mobile Website Builder app for all customers
    • Deletion of the .tel logo

Telnames:

• Increasing the picture size of the image gallery - currently visitors need a magnifier
    • Subdomains
    • Integration of Telfriends also for Telnames
    • Allowing more than 20 contact types
    • Flexibility for sorting the content so that not every .tel at Telnames looks exactly like every other .tel from Telnames
    • Option at the control panel to choose between the background and content display as standard view?
    • Longer company text description on top of Telnames
    • Currently only short text can be placed before the contact data. The text length definitely needs to be increased.
    • The place for inserting text at the bottom of the domain is way too small too. After 7 or 8 lines of one text box there is no possibility to enter more information.
    • Providing two columns for different content would enable a professional looking website. Customers could place info about their company, products, team, testimonials and philosophy right on top of their domain in a second column instead of hiding that information on the bottom of it. This should be possible to realize since Telnic has realized this in the past too.
    • The size for the picture gallery is too small. If this can't be changed, please allow a full size view, perhaps by opening the picture in a separated window.
    • Subdomains are a requirement for a full service of any website. Telnames doesn't need to provide 3,000 subfolders like Telnic. The ability for only 3 or 5 subfolders would help a lot!
    • Allow separation of contact types by insertion of headlines like Telnic did with the new templates. Every visitor will have hard time to get the overview of 20 unsorted contact entries.
    • Different size of line spacing between different kinds of contact entries (optional insertion of free space – only 5 millimeter)
    • Insertion of titles for different contact entries
    • Embedding frames for contact entries which belong together
    • Different strength of separation lines (thick or thin)
    • Pics and text on top of Telnames
    • Button for „Full View“ on mobiles
    • Increasing the logo size
    • Pictures too small
    • Company logo too small
    • Text too short
    • No text on top of the domain
    • No ads
    • No headlines
    • No forms
    • No product catalog
    • No microblogging
    • No call button
    • No profile management
    • No text formatting
    • No RSS feeder
    • No integrated e-mail solution
    • No Google Adsense
    • No integrated search
    • No social networking
    • No data protection
    • No online payment
    • No mobile payment
    • No full view on cell phones
    • No Oauth
    • Upper case letter for links
    • Increasing the logo size
    • Increasing the length for text entries
    • Increasing the size for pictures instead of displaying a big, white frame left and right
    • Linking to other telnames like friendships at Facebook
    • Insertion of text and pictures at any position
    • Upload of individual icons for contacts and links
    • Links for pictures to open them in another window or redirecting to other websites
    • Longer text as introduction on top
    • Swiping pictures

Telpages:

• Reasonable sorting of search results - domain content before subdomains
    • Integration of standard features like on other search engines (previews / filters) and advanced search options (individuals / kind of business)
    • Advanced user interface to sort search results by distance to the current location of the visitor - with specification about the distance
    • Delivering valuable information from the found .tel domains in the search results of Telpages - instead of randomly and useless text phrases

Telfriends:

• Reliable operation of friend request
    • Developing the website Telfriends.org to a respectable resource which is working and where people can find something

Apps:

• Possibility for registration of .tel domains on cell phones for Telnic customers
    • Providing Telpages as app for iPhone and Android

I like to collect further new suggestions in the following category:

Development Proposals and Business Ideas

Every forum member can help by creating new suggestions or showing his interest for existing suggestions by clicking the "Like" button available after every single post.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2013-02-05, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains Empty Re: Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-28, 5:54 pm

Increasing the picture size of the image gallery - currently visitors need a magnifier
    -
    A simple way to do this would be to say, when they upload a picture for the gallery it stores a "large copy" like the background, and when a visitor clicks on the image "in the gallery" it switches the background on the template to the large version of the picture and forces the window into the open mode to view it.-

It would be nice if the image was not stretched when viewing the gallery this way, so that any image thats not "of background" conformed size is not distorted, but that the image is always centered to the viewing ipad or what ever..
    -
    And perhaps add something round it to give it more of a frame like about.me had instagram in old style photo Polaroid frames.
    -
    Then when they click the "close" or anywhere in the background image it goes back to the full template mode, and puts the original background back in place.
    -
    But they should also try to widen the size as theres lots of wasted space.

Last edited by fustachio.tel on 2012-11-28, 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
    fustachio.tel

Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains Empty Re: Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-28, 6:00 pm

I would also like to see the YouTube logo at Telnames be improved, it's style does not match the other icons and it makes it look messy and lame, I have 3 YouTube channels to promote and I would like if that Icon matches.
    -
    why not like this? Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains Z
    -
    Eg all other icons have a square to round nature, the YouTube one is only that logo with nothing around it aka no container and the flickr one is not even the same size as the other icons!
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-28, 6:23 pm

I would also like the ability to display the uploaded date on a gallery image decription without entering it myself, via a click box or link so that it does not impact my small text allowance but allows me to have a proper title and have the date next to it in brackets, eg: SecondLife Mesh Test (20/11/2012) though what I can only currently add is SecondLife meshtest 20/11/2012
    -

The reason being eg, not just me but anyone might want to say "I did this on this day", but it uses up the text allowance if they want to do that and the server proxy knows when something was updated/uploaded aka a timestamp so why not display it? if we want it.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-28, 6:49 pm

Because I have a personal dot tel and a business dot tel, I would like the ability to only have to upload images to my personal dot tel and have them display in my business dot tel gallery as well, aka a mirror of what is all ready uploaded on their servers.
    -
    Not only will that save space for telnic but it will save us time if we're promoting a "single stream" of content, and don't need to have separate entries in each gallery, and or I would like the ability for galleries to be cross linked so that if I have a 5 allowance in my personal and 5 in my business I can combine them "as they're linked on my telpage" into one and both will display 10 images but draw 5 from my personal and 5 from my business allowance to give me a "single stream" of content regardless of personal/business and allow me to have a larger gallery.
    -
    This could be a recursive allowance, so anyone linking to multiple telnames dot tels can have the ability to show the 3rd party gallery after their 5 image allowance, to create micro hubs of promoted content.
    Boracay
    Boracay

Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains Empty Map the visitor too!

Post by Boracay 2012-11-29, 3:31 am

I'd like to see the option (arghhhh not gunna happen) of including on the map BOTH the location of the business AS WELL AS the location of the viewer. Simple as that.
    Don't need to draw a route or anything fancy, but a distance in kms/miles away indication would be fantastic
    Boracay
    Boracay

Overview about all suggestions for improvements of .tel domains Empty customise into your own themed page the search results retrieved from telpages

Post by Boracay 2012-11-29, 5:20 am

A great way to get a speedy or instant "list" of results (used to help your viewers see the hottest results or most searched for multiple terms) is to pass a string of variables to the telpages search proxy. You can see example Here

And others at www.bali.tel on the right side of the home page.

Anyway, it works well enough. You can even create your own specific themed search.result.domain.tel page and give it a title as well as logo to better represent the exact search results you are displaying.

What I would hope to do is to be able to add imageAds to the telpages search results (I think the actual search results are being iframed into the page) so that the look and feel can be even better represented as your own search system.

So, customise into your own themed page the search results retrieved from telpages

Last edited by Boracay on 2012-11-29, 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added example)
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-06, 7:58 am

Telnames - Would like the ability to display the shortened URL linking to it at the top, aka if I'm forwarding fur.tel to furtainment.tel at the top where it says the domain furtainment.tel I would like it to say/display furtainment.tel (fur.tel) or how ever it is appropriate to indicate that next time they only need to type in a fraction of the full URL in order to reach the same domain.
    -
    This is while viewing either direct furtainment.tel or fur.tel and should only work for 1 shortened preferred domain.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-06, 8:22 am

I've slightly changed my perspective on none telnames domains, so telnic - Option 8 recursive FTP folder listing, I'd like the ability to designate a sub domain while still having the top URL forwarding to another domain. When I put a furtainment.tel goto link into fur.tel which then auto redirects fur.tel to that domain, I would like to do the same with a sub domain on the basis that I only have to put in a primary FTP link into that sub domain folder, and have my dot tel populated from the top listed files and folders on it.
    I don't want to redirect sub domains I just want to be able to designate a single primary base goto/web ftp URL that works in a specific desired way/outcome.
    -

Eg, fur.tel forwards to furtainment.tel, sub domain 3d.fur.tel = populated with folders, files, images from ftp://ftp.furtainment.com/fustachio/3d/ as that's the "base link".
    -
    I would like the proxy to do the work based on what "new" things are added to my ftp, to keep content dynamic and updated with the latest stuff, upload dates are available by default and can be simply checked via proxy getting the current date and switching links to newer content close to it.
    -
    This would give people more use of their shortened URL, and make things even simpler, if anything telnic supports FTP so why not make/allow it to be an auto updated FTP viewer/browser to allow richer content but not too rich that it's overloading peoples phones etc.
    -
    But to allow us to get on with making content and having it auto managed for us based on the layout we all ready designated when uploading to a public ftp.
    -
    Also FTP in general is ugly for someone wishing to browse, Opera makes it look nicer though I don't know about vs mobiles and tablets, so .tel could be ideal for content sharing people, who then wouldn't have to do anything else other than what they usually do aka share content on their ftp.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-08, 5:00 am

Telnic/Telnames - If I have or enter an FTP URL, scan it and offer me a range of avatar pics/.pdf / Keyword Section Data / About information / that I all ready have stored there to quick import, don't just pic from the wordpress email thing or ask me to enter it manually or choose from what's stored on a mobile.
    -
    Bring the whole one thumb swipe/click a step further forward so I only need to enter my FTP link to increase the simplicity of adding and choosing new and existing content via the menu system, though you could allow if I enter an FTP a link or click box to have its own swipe/tag/click import menu, so you theme the FTP via the editor app so that makes it like sub pages of the menus, anyway as you navigate it shows tick boxes next to each item of content, and when you click finalize it imports those to the correct sections in bulk, and allows marking of content not to show again in any admin app menu "hide content".
    -
    Right now if I choose PDF (Telnames) or Logo via any proxy it asks me to accept what you found via my email address linked to the wordpress thing and or enter one, or in the case of the PDF upload one, allow us to be offered to import one from the FTP aka show what's compatible to import so if you scan my FTP and it finds some PDF's offer to import those and the same with other things like pictures for logos that are of the same size and or .txt files for importing about information and general text or in the case of .pdf marketing "about information" read their pdf and find the payment/info sections and offer to quick import it.
    -
    eg. Or choose an existing Gravatar image below = should equal if I have an FTP link, Or choose an existing image from your FTP.
    -
    And like I've said before if theres more than one of an item eg image, pdf, text file etc as FTP has the modified/uploaded date you can offer the newest date stuff first as it's more likely to be new marketing/content which is what people want to share and what Google likes.
    -
    If a PDF was imported and the person wishes to updated it aka a new version of it offer them a link to do that without choosing to go through the menu choosing search system, check if the one that was imported previously has a new upload/modified time stamp on the FTP and if so offer to quick update with one click aka re-import.
    -
    Back to images, allow Or choose an existing image from your FTP, and some switch links, Random, Oldest, Newest, A - Z, to display 5 newest, 5 oldest, A - Z = 5 newest or as many as there are up to 5 by letter.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-08, 6:11 am

Telnic - Links placed in the More Information section, aka directory information should become click-able, they can be stored in the 100 links allowance and pulled out and published where they're placed in either text section or More Information section.
    -
    Of course I'm wasting my time expecting anything with regards to this I know but what ever it's a Saturday and worth getting off my mind.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-08, 7:04 am

Back to FTP again, allow ftp://ftp.furtainment.com/fustachio/images/resources/web-avatars/default.png links in the "avatar/logo" box, as right now you only allow HTTP/HTTPS links and if I can access/view it via my browser I'm sure you can display/import it somehow.-

Perhaps you could do what a proxy is supposed to do, interpret content so it's viewable and or usable by all other formats of viewers lol, otherwise I have no idea if theres an FTP linking standard for images like HTTP web links have but I'll leave that to someone else to figure out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 7:10 am