The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
maxi
Spocky
Expert
Tim Spears
8 posters

If I would work for Telnic, …

Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Warning level : 100 %

If I would work for Telnic, … Empty If I would work for Telnic, …

Post by Tim Spears 2013-03-18, 5:46 pm

… I would do the following immediately:
    • Elimination of all old templates from the old control panel
    • Supporting only the Telnames template
    • Adding subdomains to the Telnames template
    • Adding a larger and flexible text area to the Telnames template
    • Developing an easy-to-use .tel directory as replacement for Telpages (The name can stay.)
    After a few weeks a wonderful product would be created, all problems would be solved and everybody would be happy!
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

If I would work for Telnic, … Empty Re: If I would work for Telnic, …

Post by Expert 2013-03-18, 7:37 pm

This would be the most reasonable thing to do.
    But it seems Telnic has its own targets and that doesn't include winning as many customers as possible.
    The implication is this won't happen as long Telnic is in charge.
    I assume Telnic is trying to sell either Telnic or Telnames as soon as possible to avoid any further template adjustments.
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2013-03-18, 7:45 pm

Tim Spears wrote:
    • Developing an easy-to-use .tel directory as replacement for Telpages (The name can stay.)
    Can you imagine how many new customers could be brought in with this? But since long Telnic tries everything to avoid old and new customers.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-18, 9:20 pm

Tim Spears wrote:… I would do the following immediately:
    Elimination of all old templates from the old control panel
    Supporting only the Telnames template
    I do not agree with that.

I do not like that useless "telnames template" and I do not understand why customers who use multi-folder "Telnic templates" suddenly should be discriminated?

If Telnic will dare to do something like this - then they surely will end in the court.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-18, 11:45 pm

I would not say it was useless you just have to view it in a different way, sure you got used to having links to folders but there are other ways of displaying the same information without loading separate pages, though on paper aka link or app the separate pages would exist but they'd only be a link back to a layer of content within the existing single template.

Remember rolodex? or library cards? like in the ghost busters intro where the draw opens and everything comes flying out, each draw is an A - Z with sub content and in telnames case the domain URL is a draw that offers indexing content, inside that draw you have the top index which is a simplified version with the most important information displayed, current coupon, main phone number, main contact details, main map location, basic information about the business or other.

The fact remains that we are moving faster and faster towards tablets and mobiles that are mini tablets, tables that are tablets, mirrors that are tablet displays and with that new ways of displaying information are required, so I see the existing old style templates only of use where the proxy recognizes old devices but for everyone else who now taps, drags & zooms to enlarge content the telnames template should be internally expanded to match what the display style people are learning beyond folders which are an outdated display method only really used for mobiles not capable of the standard effects people expect when viewing information.

So after having the index and tapping once to open to view the video, map etc, tapping twice should enlarge that section to hide the other index data at the top and bottom to display more information on the thing you tapped, and so on and so forth as deep as you want to list your sub content.

Like a mirror where you see an endless reflection, there aren't thousands of micro mirrors within one mirror to do that effect its just two and you're one mirror looking into the template mirror.

So I see the growth of the telnames template to expand while keeping their one page template style it would just be the same template but able to open and load more information on tap request.

As for links which people worry about for SEO and other reasons as stated above they should be converted to a new content tagging method, forward of the existing URL and not backwards because Google does see each sub page as separate content and ranks it different to each other domain you hold which while giving you keyword ranking in many things it weakens your URL, however hash and search sub layer content featuring URLs forward of the URLs mean a better ranking for your single URL and more content without having it distributed across many thousands of sub domains making your ranking weaker.

So each forwarding hash #coupon opens the template at a display status aka #coupon for single #coupons for having the full coupon section open with 5 coupons on display, and so on and so forth for all sub content tagged as location, town, what ever that would usually be for sub domains.

Then linking both proxies the Telnames and the Telnic proxies should be done to allow telnic customers to offer their sub feature content tagged directories that can have deeper indexes for longer tagged content to Telnames businesses to be listed in which shows to a Telname customer as a single icon of your logo pic that looks like a app icon along side a tick box that instructs the proxy to import their data and any data they change direct into your sub tagged directory, would simplify the content retrieval and allow correctly and up to date populated directories which is what telnic wanted in the first place.

We just have to face it's hard and time consuming to get permission for a listing in ours and a tick box is more than good enough to get permission without us having to do anything other than categorize our directory so it shows to our local businesses using telnames.
    Scott Ray
    Scott Ray

Post by Scott Ray 2013-03-19, 5:43 am

Expert wrote:This would be the most reasonable thing to do.
    But it seems Telnic has its own targets and that doesn't include winning as many customers as possible.
    The implication is this won't happen as long Telnic is in charge.
    I assume Telnic is trying to sell either Telnic or Telnames as soon as possible to avoid any further template adjustments.
    Now I understand. I was always clueless why Telnic act so strange, but that explains everything.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-19, 9:38 am

As I undеrstаnd, Tеlnаmеs fаns аrе usеrs whо hаd dеvеlоpеd аny TEL-prоjесt with trаffiс – plеаsе, соrrесt mе if I аm wrоng.

If wе will usе аgаin соmpаrisоn with а drivеr аnd his саr, аs wе аlrеаdy usеd оnсе: http://www.teltalk.org/t1020-why-telnames-don-t-want-anything-to-do-with-domainers#6119, thеn а situаtiоn whеn TEL-оwnеr who hаd put fеw his соntасts аnd some infоrmation in his TEL but hаs аny trаffiс оn it, соuld bе viеwеd аs а drivеr whо bоught а саr аnd hаd lеаrnеd hоw tо ignitе оn it’s еnginе, but nеvеr hаd drivеn оn this саr frоm thе pаrking-plасе. Nоt а singlе mеtеr.

Mаy bе it wоuld bе usеful fоr TEL-оwnеrs whо yеt mаdе аny prоjесt оn TEL with а trаffiс, tо try tо mаkе а оnе – whо knоws whаt bеnеfits соuld соmе frоm thаt?

Numbеr оf visitоrs whо will visit yоur TEL in а mоnth will bе numbеr оf kilоmеtеrs whiсh yоu hаd drivеn with thаt virtuаl “саr”. Surеly, it wоuld bе bеttеr tо disсuss thе quаlitiеs оf thе саr with drivеrs whо аlrеаdy hаd driving оn it. Thе biggеr distаnсе thеy hаd drоvеd, thе bеttеr.

P.S.
    Plеаsе, dо nоt try tо find hеrе sоmеthing pеrsоnаl - it is just а соmpаrisоn, whiсh wаs usеd fоr bеttеr undеrstаnding.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-20, 2:02 pm

Great list Tim, but IMO such actions are simply not in the gampelan !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-03-20, 7:00 pm

mikeseaton wrote:

Great list Tim, but IMO such actions are simply not in the gampelan !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    no, because it would involve work
    sorry for being honest !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:06 pm