The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

My .Tel Survival Plan !

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

My .Tel Survival Plan !  Empty My .Tel Survival Plan !

Post by mikeseaton 2013-07-22, 8:45 am

Sooner or later .tel registrants have to face up THE REALITY OF .TEL !

Then decide what action to take.

This is what I am doing:

1. Dropping all but Premium .Tel domains - I've found many .tel domains dropped no longer get picked up, as they were doing so a year ago, so there's a good chance of saving substantial renewal fees and then re-registering the domain if .tel finally makes it.

2. Using some of my old Telnic subdomain .tels as generators of "link juice" to my .com sites - http://BoatFinder.tel is an example which generates both targeted traffic to http://www.BoatSearchEngine.com and AdSense revenue - though I don't expect subdomain .tels to be around forever - IMO they will eventually disappear in favour of the Telnames single page approach.

3. Getting on with developing my .com sites whilst I wait for "regime change" at the Telnic registry - once the money runs out (not too long to go now) and they are forced to accept some form of buyout by another organisation or individual(s).

I still believe in the .tel concept - but I'm amazed how badly implementation has been handled and the alienation that has taken place of software developers, domain investors, power users and Telnic's 122 registrars !

That's my .tel survival plan - what's yours ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Toptel
    Toptel

My .Tel Survival Plan !  Empty Re: My .Tel Survival Plan !

Post by Toptel 2013-07-22, 10:30 am

You’re speaking out what most people are thinking.
    It makes no sense to develop .tel domains due to their bad SEO abilities.
    I rather register MyBusinessInMyHometown.com than Business.tel. This way I have the chance that my website gets found on the internet.
    It makes no sense to invest any time as long Telnic is controlled by people who believe to find customers with these domains:
    http://www.teltalk.org/t1346-developed-tel-domains-in-possession-of-telnic
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-07-23, 2:47 am

The only explanation for the promoters behaviour is that they are deliberately trying to destroy the extension. There can be no other plausible explanation for their actions. 

I am also dropping everything except my premium (lol!) .tels. Is anything premium these days?
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-07-23, 5:44 am

If someone took over the CEO role at Coca Cola and then announced that 'we will shortly stop producing Colas and focus on the lemonade market' would this be considered foolish?

Or if someone took over Ford and said 'we are only going to produce the Edsel from now on and only in the color beige' would this be foolish too?

The promoter bunnies are doing the same with .tel but don't seem to understand or realize what they are doing. Contact information is already available on everyones websites. Your idea has failed. It is still-born! The entrails of this disaster are glued to the year 1970.

So fix it bunnies! Or find someone who can.

How about designing a decent control panel with all features and a design that is better than what looks like a 5-year-old head-injury child's attempt in 1850 Mongolia.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

My .Tel Survival Plan !  Empty A Day In The Life Of A Telnic Employee

Post by TelBlogger 2013-07-23, 6:02 am

Not necessarily in order:

1. Arrive at work.
    2. See how many domains net dropped overnight.
    3. If less than 100 put on Kool and the Gang's Celebration song.
    4. If more than 100 high five everyone in the office then put on Kool and The Gang. 
    5. Check forums and blogs for negative comments.
    6. Send emails to webmasters threatening legal action if said posts are not removed. 
    7. Look for someone who expressed even a slightly negative opinion to ban from the promoter forum.
    7. Check for emails from developers requesting partnership and giving constructive ideas.
    8. Delete those emails without reading them.
    9. Lunch time. Meet with friends and tell them yes I am a techology start-up guy (gal).
    10. Back after lunch.
    11. Meeting with all staff. Brainstorm with staff on how to screw up the extension even more.
    12. Realize Telnames is a total disaster. Put on Kool and The Gang and high five everyone again.
    13. Receptionist asks if she should put through a call from a US based investor with some ideas on development and offering finance. Say: no, out of the office.
    14. Book dinner to talk to tech acquaintances about the 'startup environment strategy matrix in the social media paradigm space going forward'.
    15. Look at technology career websites quietly. Think it might pay to bail now before this thing goes completely tits up lol.
    16. Send a couple of emails to recruiters from personal email address.
    17. Not return call from US investor.
    18. Go to dinner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 11:10 am