The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
Moonlight
Tel Forum
TelBlogger
mikeseaton
8 posters

Discussion about high-priced .tel domains

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Discussion about high-priced .tel domains Empty Discussion about high-priced .tel domains

Post by mikeseaton 2013-08-15, 10:34 am

TELcp wrote:One of the best two letter tel domains, Hi.tel, is for sale by it' owner.
    Offers over US$ 25,000.00 only.
    L.O.L. - I couldn't get anywhere near that currently for http://FX.tel - which is a far more commercial name !

Of course if/when .tel gets "critical mass" things would be different - but how many years ahead will that be ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Discussion about high-priced .tel domains Empty Re: Discussion about high-priced .tel domains

Post by TelBlogger 2013-08-15, 10:51 am

I think the decimal point is accidentally in the wrong place:

$ 25.00
    Tel Forum
    Tel Forum
    Admin

Discussion about high-priced .tel domains Empty Re: Discussion about high-priced .tel domains

Post by Tel Forum 2013-08-15, 11:02 am

Please respect the interest of forum members trying to initiate business and don't attack their proposals.
    Thank you for your help.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2013-08-15, 11:39 am

Does Telnic not deserve the right to the same protection on this forum?
    Tel Forum
    Tel Forum
    Admin

Post by Tel Forum 2013-08-15, 11:48 am

Moonlight wrote:Does Telnic not deserve the right to the same protection on this forum?
    Absolutely, but there are some major differences:
    First Telnic is not a forum member. Second Telnic denies any statement on justifiable criticism.
    Third Telnic is very active and quick in reviewing this forum. Usually I receive messages from them only 10 minutes after unwanted comments have been made.
    Without exception I've fulfilled all wishes from Telnic to delete comments immediately.
    Fourth it must be allowed to address obvious problems.
    I will always try to keep a balance between all parties including Telnic, but I won't censor objective statements.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-08-15, 2:24 pm

Tel Forum wrote:Please respect the interest of forum members trying to initiate business and don't attack their proposals.
    Thank you for your help.
    My understanding is that it is not a forum member trying to sell the domain but a forum member reporting that someone is trying to sell a domain. Have I missed something?

I agree that efforts by members to sell should not be undermined.
    cubitel
    cubitel

Discussion about high-priced .tel domains Empty Question for TELcp

Post by cubitel 2013-08-15, 2:30 pm

Could you please justify / explain your price expectations?

25.000,00 USD is that far away from a reasonable offer according to the domain market figures that I have a lot of questions.

I am sure everybody in this forum loves to hear why a .tel could be such a valuable asset...
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-08-15, 2:32 pm

Moonlight wrote:Does Telnic not deserve the right to the same protection on this forum?
    The word 'deserve' implies an action that is commendable either for producing a result or avoiding harm.

Could you please state what action(s) by Telnic 'deserve' anything. I can not think of any.
    Tel Forum
    Tel Forum
    Admin

Post by Tel Forum 2013-08-15, 3:09 pm

TelBlogger wrote:My understanding is that it is not a forum member trying to sell the domain but a forum member reporting that someone is trying to sell a domain. Have I missed something?

I've separated the discussion from the sales thread, because in my opinion it was not fair that the seller gets criticized because he tries to sell a domain.
    However, discussions about the value of domain names are appreciated, but better in a different topic (not directly under the sale as it was the case).
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-08-15, 5:53 pm

Tel Forum wrote:
    TelBlogger wrote:My understanding is that it is not a forum member trying to sell the domain but a forum member reporting that someone is trying to sell a domain. Have I missed something?

I've separated the discussion from the sales thread, because in my opinion it was not fair that the seller gets criticized because he tries to sell a domain.
    However, discussions about the value of domain names are appreciated, but better in a different topic (not directly under the sale as it was the case).
    I agree - I was not doing that but merely pointing out that putting out a valuation of $25,000 for ANY .TEL DOMAIN CURRENTLY is ABSURD including my own FX.tel !

As I said in my post things may change in the future, but we are where we are right now, for the record here is a list which shows the highest .tel sale price achieved so far being $3,950 for Storage.tel way back in July 2009 when many more had hope !

WHAT WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER IS THAT MANY FORUMS AND DOMAINERS BELIEVE .TEL IS A BIT OF A JOKE DUE TO NEGLIGIBLE DEVELOPMENT BEING POSSIBLE, CONSTANTLY FALLING TOTAL REGS, ETC.

WE DON'T NEED TO GIVE FUEL TO THEIR FIRE BY ASKING ABSURD PRICES FOR A TLD THAT HAS DROPPED FROM A MARCH 2011 PEAK OF 333,891 TO 215,665 TODAY !

I think TelForum's idea of a seperate thread for valuation comments is a good idea - but please don't make .tel look silly with totally unrealistic sale prices being posted !

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-08-16, 8:50 am

mikeseaton wrote:....the highest .tel sale price achieved so far being $3,950 for Storage.tel way back in July 2009....
    Interesting to note that Storage.tel was transferred to a new registrant (presumably, not just a new registrar) on 18 May 2013 - see https://www.easywhois.com/?domain=storage.tel

I wonder if this was a sale, or a good drop catch by Dan ?

TelRise
    TelRise

Post by TelRise 2013-08-16, 7:30 pm

Discussion about high-priced .tel domains Forsalesign1
    And one of the best - ForSale.tel - won't be released for less than the above X 10.  Hobby or profit? Not much difference. Sub domains are by far the best way forward.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2013-08-17, 10:01 pm

Both are a joke, not worth the registration fee !
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-08-18, 1:26 am

Go.tel is slightly cheaper option at $10,000
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-08-18, 5:51 am

Perhaps 20,000 German marks in Weimar Republic currency would be more appropriate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 12:18 am