The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
mikeseaton
fustachio.tel
Sunrise
7 posters

A collection of false assessments!

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

A collection of false assessments! Empty A collection of false assessments!

Post by Sunrise 2014-03-11, 11:50 am

• Why Telnic thought that Telnames can acquire more customers than Telnic?
    • Why Telnic thought that it won't be noticed if the customer support will be canceled?
    • Why Telnic miscalculated the prospects of success strongly?
    • Why Telnic thought that nobody will complain if they let the roadmap disappear?
    • Why Telnic didn't see the strong loss of customers coming?
    • Why does Telnic stick to a concept which obviously isn't attractive for customers?

This number of points should be enough for starters.
    I don't want to list all mistakes at this point since they have been discussed in the past many times, as example here:
    http://www.teltalk.org/t727-telnic-why-you-fight-so-strongly-against-your-own-success
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

A collection of false assessments! Empty Re: A collection of false assessments!

Post by fustachio.tel 2014-03-11, 12:36 pm

Why Telnic thought that Telnames can acquire more customers than Telnic? did they say they think they can? I don't see any place they state that I think you're projecting.

They all ready tried marketing it to existing business via telnic and the market was not interested so they moved towards a market they thought would need a single page aka start ups, problem is in the UK the banks are NOT lending money to small business even though they have been bailed out and been told to lend money and there's so many regulations and hurdles to jump over to set up a business in this country most small businesses fail or are quitting or are not even starting, also the fact BIG business is crushing the little guys out of the market and into bankruptcy while running themselves into it.

People cant even afford to get a home, even rented do you think they can start a business? there's only so many people with the funding to do so, sure you can go via crowd funding route but then you have to live up to what customers expect and that for telnic was a bad thing.

Everything is against the little guy there is no UK silicon valley there's nothing other than a few charities/trusts type things that might give people money to set-up a business like the princes trust but you have to have a really great original idea, other than that you're on your own and there's not much market left with large supermarket chains etc and big brand stores that take over every inch of every market in order to squeeze profit.

Have you seen Blackpool? its dead all these towns are dying, some might get a few new stores etc but overall they're on a decline, recovery my ass.

If telnames wants to sell tels perhaps they should go to silicon valley and improve the tel concept by allowing those geniuses some control over how telnames develops and try to get them to build services around tel like telnic should have had from outsiders.

Perhaps telnames could make their tel for exclusive silicon valley networking, so tel owners can find other skilled individuals looking to start companies, where to find them via their tel, call, meetup, etc etc but telnic/telnames does no want it to be about networking or anything to do with it even though they made telfriends.

The Uks done, gone, poof, dead, they should go to the USA before their dollar collapses and try to find customers as they have plenty of money to piss away.

• Why does Telnic stick to a concept which obviously isn't attractive for customers?

Because its his life dream, would you let go of yours even if it was failing? most people hold onto things until they sink with the ship in such cases.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2014-03-11, 12:38 pm

I really don't want to comment here again I'm tired and sick of doing it, this is the same argument over and over again. We all get tel didn't live up to customer expectations I think its time we should accept to not expect anything and just wait until another company takes over tel.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2014-03-11, 1:11 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:...I think its time we should accept to not expect anything and just wait until another company takes over tel.

I think that's what most people are in fact doing - it won't be that long now until the money runs out - unless of course the existing shareholders want to risk more financial pain and re-invest even more millions ?

The smart employees are probably already looking to get out now as it by no means certain that another company will actually want ot take over Telnic, given the myriad of opportunities that exist with the new gTLDs !

The "single point of contact" idea I still like - it obviously needs a Global Directory to go with it - but the implementation by Telnic, using $35,000,000 of other people's money, has been an absolute disaster !

Maybe the best (only ?) solution to save .tel - if it's still possible - is to follow the advice given way back in 2008 in the article at http://domainnamewire.com/2008/11/10/telnic-a-35-million-investment-gone-awry

There is a chance — however slight — that .tel will succeed. Telnic will have to do a few things perfectly to get this to work. First, make .tel integrate into third party applications better than Plaxo, LinkedIn, Facebook, and MySpace currently do. Second, it should give away .tel domains to individuals and hope to make money on businesses instead. It must get to critical mass quickly, so that I have a reasonable belief that typing in myfriend.tel will get me what I want. Third, it needs to pray that Facebook doesn’t kill it overnight by creating some sort of online vcard.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2014-03-11, 1:38 pm

I guess meanwhile everybody knows the solution to solve all problems:

1. Free .tel domains for individuals
    2. Creating a .tel directory (not a junk search engine like Telpages)
    3. Serious marketing campaign for this directory

The question is if this is possible with Telnic or if we need a successor first.
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2014-03-11, 6:47 pm

No it would be stupid to spend money on dot tel now its finished.
    the thing, it they had the wrong men in charge from the start, and everyone knows it.

i think people will not renew there telnames if they dont see them showing up on google.
    and we cant just relay on other services like social media  telnames has to stand on its own two feet.

but to sell telnames as a point of contact for your website is crazy

it has to compete with every other tld gtld ect in the search rankings or die.

cant do good seo with one page so don't be so stupid telnames.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-03-11, 7:23 pm

GoTel wrote:... As stated a million times in many threads:

"Telpages" is meant to be a "Dictionary", with .tel domains as the "Words", and the .tel domain basic content information as the "Definitions". 

"Google, Bing, Yahoo" etc. are meant to be an "Encyclopedia", with the .anything domain as the "Subject", and the .anything expanded content information as the "Story" ...

The only thing dumber than trashing Telnames is having an old .tel and thinking it would ever compete in an "Encyclopedia" like Google without being the biggest joke in the tld business.

If Webster's dictionary tried to put "Words" and "Definitions" mixed in with the topics in the Encyclopedia Britannica, everyone would laugh at them too. (.tel domains)

If they then decided to make their own Encyclopedia with all content mixed around, everyone would laught at them again. (TelPages)

When is Telnic/Telnames going to realize that in the Encyclopedia, .tel is a joke, and that the TelPages Encyclopedia is also a joke?

Put .tel domains in a .tel Dictionary where it belongs, with 2nd-level only entries, and you finally have a chance to be worth something.

Know your place .tel, and you have a snowball's chance in hell.

(And as the ONLY "dictionary" based tld, you have a BIG advantage by being one-of-a-kind in the World of tlds - get a clue.)

Still ... duh.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2014-03-12, 2:44 am

hulltv wrote:No it would be stupid to spend money on dot tel now its finished.
    the thing, it they had the wrong men in charge from the start, and everyone knows it.

i think people will not renew there telnames if they dont see them showing up on google.
    and we cant just relay on other services like social media  telnames has to stand on its own two feet.

but to sell telnames as a point of contact for your website is crazy

it has to compete with every other tld gtld ect in the search rankings or die.

cant do good seo with one page so don't be so stupid telnames.

Yes, the people in charge should have been fired long ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 8:44 pm