The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

I am the customer, right?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

I am the customer, right? Empty I am the customer, right?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:50 pm

GoBigCity07-28-2011 11:05 PM

I am the customer, right?

I run a few small businesses. I live or die by my customer’s satisfaction. They spend money with me and I owe them a product or service. Here is my problem. I have spent a lot (way too much) of money with Telnic and their registrars. Granted, there were no promises made and it was up to me to decide it .tel was a good investment. That’s fair. The problem is that I paid my money and expect to know what the future holds for my investments (products). Many of my .tels are up for renewal and I need to decide whether to spend more money with Telnic with ZERO information on where this thing is going. If you walked up to an auto dealer and nobody would talk to you or tell you about the car, would you buy it? What is the company that sold Telnic their copier quit answering the phone or would not tell them if the copier was going to be discontinued? Do you think they would tolerate that? This is becoming ridiculous. You were more than happy to take our money, now how about the support part!

GoBigCity07-29-2011 03:15 AM

Well, there you have it. I completely understand now. I am going to renew every one of my .tels and probably buy hundreds more.

How could I have been so ignorant. I realize now that my request to to know what the "plan" is was completely out of line. For that I apologize to all of you. Aled, no need to delete this comment since I am drinking the KoolAid. Its ALL GOOD. We are pioneers and innovators. I love my .tels

mikeseaton07-30-2011 12:41 AM

Hi GoBigCity,

There are a lot of issues with .tel at the moment, and myself, Jens, Mark and others have brought these to the fore in various recent threads.

There is also the situation whereby a multitude of new extensions are going to be launched starting 2012.

But the most important thing to remember is that .tel is totally unique in the domain world - it is the only extension that works seamlessly on both mobile phones and computer devices, it's content is written to the heart of the internet (the DNS) available for anyone to promote your information at zero cost to you, and the web hosting and CTH software to update your .tel is included in a very reasonable (say $1 a month or less) registration cost.

Additionally there is one very important feature that seems to have been overlooked by many and which I am now using extensively onTelDial - the ability to create structured data such as parameters on your .tel - see http://data.bullionsales.tel - that can be read by software.

On top of this, you currently have the ability to create revenue-earning Affiliate Text Links and Google AdSense via the easy-to-use CTH and soon this will be joined by CTH-specified Image Ads when the new version of the control panel is released.

One further plus point, .tel by it's inherent design seems to rank well in the major search engines - see http://searches.mikeseaton.tel for examples.

So with all this going for it - plus of course Henri's announcement of Phase 2 - is this really the time to give up?

Hang in there is what I'm doing - let Telnic deliver their promises - and in the meantime use the current revenue facilities to cover your registraion costs.

Just my thoughts on the situation!

Mike Seaton

Calculito07-30-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16501)
    I like reading the posts of Mike very much. He is the only person in the world who keeps his optimism for .tel!
    If Mike wouldn't write in this forum, probably I would have left, too!

[size]
    The only person?. I´m sorry but I´m also optimist. And that´s not based in future expectations, but in today´s revenues.[/size]

Calculito07-30-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16475)
    I like to defend Telnic:

They have done a great job in the past (even they went in some wrong directions and haven't spent enough attention for new developments).

But there is no doubt the service of them will continue. Probably they have some resources shortage (see the recent job postings), but they will continue with the announced improvements (just with some delays).
    And don't worry: All your requests will be fulfilled shortly (just like Telnic always has done in the past).

The topic if the investment in .tel domains is a valuable one; that is a complete different question!
    This depends on much more things and nobody can tell if .tel is able to penetrate the market, because the domain business is a tough one and the competition is extremely high. Especially the traditional domain professionals as well as phone companies could lose a lot if .tel will ever become successful.
    Therefore we should expect a lot of headwind against .tel!

Since it was not possible to earn money with .tel until today, you just can flip a coin to judge if it will be possible in the future.
    So the invested .tel owners are just soldiers of fortune. They can get rich in the future or they can lose all their invested money.
    For evaluation of the future success, just take a look at other new TLDs from the past like .mobi, .asia or .name! Since we all know there is no money with them, you can estimate how difficult it is to succeed for any TLD!
    Of course the probability is high also in the future only the registrars are making money with .tel, just like with most of all other TLDs. 
    In the past the only TLDs, investors could earn money with, are mainly .com and ccTLDs!
    I know .tel is different than other TLDs, but that can be advantage or disadvantage.

And here another thing to consider: What do you expect is the value of a TLD with just 300.000 registrations? (You know the answer!)

One thing is for sure: Telnic and the .tel domain investors expected a much faster success in the beginning of the year 2009.
    Since the registrations numbers couldn't keep up with these expectations, this could be the reason why there is no need to rush anymore.

I try to close with a realistic forecast:
    If the success will come, it won't come quickly! (The proof for this evaluation you see in the development of the last 2,5 years!)

[size]
    I disagree. It´s really possible to earn money with .tel domain. I´m tired to say. It´s just a matter of work and time, but it seems everyone is expecting their domains to revalue just waiting with a beer in the hands.
    I´m thinking in starting a consultancy business to help the others to take advantage of their .tel domains.[/size]

Simon G07-30-2011 06:27 PM

Never mind

Simon G07-30-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

expecting their domains to revalue just waiting with a beer in the hands.

[size]
    my favourite quote of the forum ;)[/size]

Cees07-30-2011 09:53 PM

I appreciate how Mike (and others) articulate their take on .tel, even though I remain positive about this domain it doesn't hurt to have a bit of a lift every so often, from day one I've taken the position that like the stock market or such like, you only ever put in as much money as you can afford to lose, eyes wide open and don't look in the rear vision mirror.
    The continuing shake up going through this domain does open up a lot of opportunities for those patient and or game enough, for me it's still a game changer and I remain confident.

dutchstreetdog07-31-2011 07:27 AM

I believe in tel.
    For now Nobody wants to play with mi But one day the will kiss my *** for a page on my tel !

telrific08-01-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigCity (Post 16472)
    ... The problem is that I paid my money and expect to know what the future holds for my investments (products). Many of my .tels are up for renewal and I need to decide whether to spend more money with Telnic with ZERO information on where this thing is going. If you walked up to an auto dealer and nobody would talk to you or tell you about the car, would you buy it? What is the company that sold Telnic their copier quit answering the phone or would not tell them if the copier was going to be discontinued? Do you think they would tolerate that? This is becoming ridiculous. You were more than happy to take our money, now how about the support part!

[size]
    Your concerns are 1000% valid. Period.

:o[/size]

Blunderer08-01-2011 07:38 PM

Interesting comments.

The second they put number plates on my car it was worth thousands less, and I've never managed to contact anyone intelligible at HP by phone (I binned the wireless adapter for my printer in frustration, and now the exercise is doing me good!).

I've also dumped quite a few .tels which I purchased because they "seemed like a good idea at the time".

Maybe I should sell the rest to the more gullable members of this forum and invest in something more predictable - shares? property?

(p.s. please send cash)

telrific08-01-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 16565)
    Interesting comments.

The second they put number plates on my car it was worth thousands less, and I've never managed to contact anyone intelligible at HP by phone (I binned the wireless adapter for my printer in frustration, and now the exercise is doing me good!).

I've also dumped quite a few .tels which I purchased because they "seemed like a good idea at the time".

Maybe I should sell the rest to the more gullable members of this forum and invest in something more predictable - shares? property?

(p.s. please send cash)

[size]

Are you suggesting that .TEL is for absorbers ?

:eek:[/size]

dialaroom08-01-2011 08:35 PM

Thanks for the tip Blunderer, just registered gullable.tel

Blunderer08-01-2011 08:36 PM

Fortune favours the brave, and winners hold their nerve.

Blunderer08-01-2011 08:38 PM

@dialaroom

I thought you'd fall for that old trick - anything to get registrations up.

dialaroom08-01-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 16569)
    @dialaroom

I thought you'd fall for that old trick - anything to get registrations up.

[size]
    Now who's gullible?;)[/size]

ynp08-02-2011 04:37 AM

Jens and Mike, thanks for defending .tel and Telnic above, well said both of you. Count me in the optimists for the future of .tel. However, I am not a pursuer of buying popular .tel's to resell them, but am more interested in directory building and helping businesses learn about the .tel. And, I am sure I am not the only one on this forum experimenting with different marketing methods, which is really the key.

I have also personally seen several small businesses aided regarding search because of their .tel. But this seems irrelevant to me if an area/city/town has a decent .tel directory, and these businesses are able to be more easily discovered within this directory. I'm not sure being so concerned with search engines isn't a 'drinking of the punch' offense.

tindaya08-02-2011 03:53 PM

By now, I think are interesting TELcp TELpage TELview TELrural TELdial TELmasters TELnic
    Any interesting TELxxx more???

TELxxx means that the think in the future of the .TEL

Simon G08-02-2011 08:24 PM

TelConnection.com is for sale if anyone wants to do something with it!

mikeseaton08-02-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 16592)
    TelConnection.com is for sale if anyone wants to do something with it!

[size]
    Simon,

That's a good name - if I hadn't been able to obtain TelDial.com and TelDial.tel I could well have been interested - best of luck with a successful sale.

The more entrepreneurs that are able to promote the idea of the .tel Open DNS the better - it's what makes .tel different from other extensions and will IMO in the next few years lead to .tel being valued in the same league as .coms

Mike Seaton[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

I am the customer, right? Empty Re: I am the customer, right?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:51 pm

GoBigCity08-03-2011 12:02 AM

Hey all,
    Well at a minimum, we have some energy in this thread. Just a few facts. 1. .tel IS unique 2. I believe in its value. 3. The potential (especially geo's) is HUGE. 4. There are a lot of VERY smart people behind it. 5. They absorb at keeping us informed. If you disagree with any of these, lets hear it.

kiwihiker08-03-2011 09:12 AM

Er, you spell it 'gullible'?

Blunderer08-03-2011 10:55 AM

I'm sorry. It was a typographical error. I had intended to write gillible.

dialaroom08-03-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwihiker (Post 16599)
    Er, you spell it 'gullible'?

[size]
    Say it slowly and it sounds like 'Chicken'[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 9:37 am