The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

May be some Rules for the "sales" section of this forum are needed?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

May be some Rules for the "sales" section of this forum are needed? Empty May be some Rules for the "sales" section of this forum are needed?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 10:44 am

maximka12-25-2009 02:15 PM

May be some Rules for the "sales" section of this forum are needed?

I propose to write some rules for "sales" section. This section is a bit different by its purpose, so the rules of posting here can slightly differ from the rules of other sections of this forum. The trade and commerce are delicate things and it is better to treat them with delicacy and let the domain owners a chance to sell their goods.

So I propose to add this rule: 

"In the threads, which owner of a domain name opens for selling his domains, it is forbidden for other users to discuss or comment these domain names and the prices of them. If somebody wants to add a commentary, then he need to open a separate thread and discuss those domain names there". 

Dear forum users, if do you think that we need to add similar rules, please, add your comments here.

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 02:36 PM

Any rules forbidding decent communication might appear fascist.

maximka12-27-2009 02:48 PM

May be. But what is your opinion - would you like to see in the threads where you are selling your domain names such commentaries like these: "This name worth nothing... You want too much money... For such a price I can buy four names... Don't sell it, better drop it..." ?

Here are links to the rules of sales from one of the Russain domain-forums. I am lazy to translate it and place it here just to informNadya that such rules exist at other places: 
    1. http://domenforum.net/announcement.php?f=13
    2. http://domenforum.net/announcement.php?f=14
    3. http://domenforum.net/announcement.php?f=15

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 04:06 PM

That is why you have discussion forum, for people to discuss about it. If you publish something on discussion forum, you invite discussion. Otherwise, you can have closed website where you can publish anything without people having possibility to discuss about it.

Any forum with such rules is wrong place for something like that. One need some kind of marketplace website and not discussion forum. Finally, you can never stop people discussing something, as they would discuss it somewhere else then. And yes, I don't mind what other people would say about my domains, as I am aware that I have posted on discussion forum and that it is not private closed page.

maximka12-27-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 3875)
    ... for people to discuss about it. If you publish something on discussion forum, you invite discussion.

[size]
    I thought that "Sales" section at this forum was created with intention to allow domain owners to sell domain names, not to discuss them. 

I think that it would be nice to open another section for discussing domain names, because now there are no place where to do this.[/size]

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 05:20 PM

So, for you, discussing things is not right when selling domains. OK, I agree that would be perfect to have such clients and to be able to sell without anything but click and pay.

maximka12-27-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 3881)
    So, for you, discussing things is not right when selling domains. OK, I agree that would be perfect to have such clients and to be able to sell without anything but click and pay.

[size]
    By my opinion, asking seller about domain name is a right thing and a right of the potential buyer. 

Contrary, discussing that domain name between forum members in the tread there this name is selling is not a right thing by my opinion. Such discussion, if it is necessary, should take place at a separate section of the forum. As it is known, not all people in Internet have good intentions - among them there are spammers, swindles, people with not stable psychic, etc. It would be not a democracy to let all this public to spam sale's thread - it would be simple irresponsibility. This is my opinion.

Of course, you have a right to have your own opinion.[/size]

nadya12-27-2009 07:04 PM

Quoting the sales forum announcement, "This forum has been created to keep all posts advertising or discussing .tel and related domain sales." - This is a discussion forum, not an auction or website specifically created for selling domain names. If you find a buyer here - great! But modding forum threads to keep comments out doesn't sound right. 

And being lazy doesn't help when trying to win an argument. Please translate your ideas and examples for other members' reference. If you think something is for my attention only, please send a PM.

maximka12-27-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 3890)
    And being lazy doesn't help when trying to win an argument. Please translate your ideas and examples for other members' reference. If you think something is for my attention only, please send a PM.

[size]
    Nadya, thank you very much for your comment! Next time I will surely PM you if I will found that it might be interesting for you.[/size]

dottel12-29-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 3820)
    I propose to write some rules for "sales" section. This section is a bit different by its purpose, so the rules of posting here can slightly differ from the rules of other sections of this forum. The trade and commerce are delicate things and it is better to treat them with delicacy and let the domain owners a chance to sell their goods.

So I propose to add this rule: 

"In the threads, which owner of a domain name opens for selling his domains, it is forbidden for other users to discuss or comment these domain names and the prices of them. If somebody wants to add a commentary, then he need to open a separate thread and discuss those domain names there". 

Dear forum users, if do you think that we need to add similar rules, please, add your comments here.

[size]
    I think rather than relying on rules and regulations, the better solution for people who are not interested to entertain discussion in their sale thread is to make a note in your sales thread, something like "This is a sales thread and not a discussion thread, only interested people PM me, if you are not interested then please ignore this thread"..[/size]

maximka12-29-2009 01:45 AM

dottel, thank you for valuable remark! Already added it to my sales thread of loom.tel.

maximka12-29-2009 09:37 AM

P.S. I did it, but it seems that it did not work - perhaps a stronger gun is needed to fight spammers.:D

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 4:57 am