The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

A new era - and a new forum!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

A new era - and a new forum! Empty A new era - and a new forum!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:40 pm

Alex04-28-2012 06:53 PM

A new era - and a new forum!

I’m watching the development of .tel and the conversations on this forum for long.
    I believe in the .tel concept and try to support the future way of it.

To give forum members the possibility to talk on an independent platform, I just have created this forum:

My code of conduct for this forum is the following:

• Every published comment is available for the public.
    • No censorship happens; criticism is desired (as long the members treat each other with respect).
    • Members should be able to discuss a comprehensive range of topics.
    • One target is to give input from independent side for Telnic and third party providers.
    • No member should be banned without serious reasons.

A few words about myself:

• I don’t have financial targets by operating this platform.
    • I just enjoy developing .tel domains myself and like to support the future enhancement of .tel to become an even better product!

Everyone is welcome to participate at TelTalk.org!
    [size]

PS: 
    [/size]
    Since I opened the forum a few minutes ago, of course it’s completely empty at this moment. 
    I hope with your help I can provide a valuable .tel resource for the future.

dutchstreetdog04-28-2012 07:16 PM

Nice to see its mobile Friendley !

tel4rent04-29-2012 07:57 AM

Good Job! Looking forward to join...

Geo04-29-2012 09:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up... will we be able to post links to our own .tel sites to promote them?

Someone else already pointed out that with Telnic relegating our discussions to the obscurity of the e-shadows, we cannot get the word out here about our particular .tels, so an alternative may be needed... although I'm thinking that Telnic will open the curtain on our discussions again after the big Telnames unveiling.

Geo04-29-2012 09:02 AM

This reminds me of an earlier forum, before Telnic took over - Telsters.com I believe?

mikeseaton04-29-2012 01:02 PM

Alex, congratulations on your entrepreneurial move in setting up a new forum.

There is a "first mover advantage" you are up against with this existing Telnic forum, but I wish you all the best with your idea.

If Telnic don't remove "Lock-Down" from this forum very soon, then I think you will get a lot of people moving from this forum to yours.

The problem with the current "Lock-Down" status of this forum is two-fold:

1. Newbies to .tel - those who are just enquiring about .tel and have not yet committed - are not going to bother to register at a forum just to browse info.

2. The 1000's of links that exist on this forum, that search engines follow to index our domains (and also give us "link juice" which increases our .tel rankings) are gradually being lost as the search engine spiders are now prevented from reading all except the forum's home page.

So loss of newbie browsing, loss of search engine indexing/ranking, "Lock-Down" needs to go - and go now !

If Telnic ignores this request (made by others as well) I expect a lot of members joining your forum very soon !

Mike Seaton

Alex04-29-2012 08:37 PM

Thank you very much for the positive feedback!

Depending on the future demand I will give the installed chat box a more central position (only available after login).

Alex04-29-2012 08:39 PM

Mike:

After reading the conversation here carefully I have created a forum topic especially for you.
    I'm curious if you will find the one.

Alex04-30-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 23084)
    ... will we be able to post links to our own .tel sites to promote them?

[size]
    Wish fulfilled!

I just enabled the possibilities for signatures, avatars, language settings and private messages.
    (It took me a while, because I had to implement the features into my forum template first.)

Thx for the advice! :)[/size]

Sumerlin05-02-2012 11:19 AM

Good. Telnic only know how to ban people.
    I am sure Telnic is scared now and will remove Lock-Down immediately
    I will let my friend marimax know. He was also banned from this forum for criticising Telnic

can05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumerlin (Post 23207)
    Good. Telnic only know how to ban people.
    I am sure Telnic is scared now and will remove Lock-Down immediately
    I will let my friend marimax know. He was also banned from this forum for criticising Telnic

[size]
    ooh,that is why telnic will move to China, It is easy to ban everything.[/size]

maximka05-02-2012 09:32 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

dutchstreetdog05-02-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23235)
    The Ad, which you placed at your forum looks like real nightmare. :eek::eek::eek: Usually, then I see sites with this kind of Ads I at once close them at my browser.

[size]
    Go check the ad on my domain maximka[/size]

maximka05-02-2012 09:42 PM

dutchstreetdog05-02-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23237)
    dutchstreetdog, I was just now at your TEL. As I saw there, you have another kind of Ads - they do not terrify visitors.

[size]
    Right! 
    And you can even have free chat, when you feeling lonley:)[/size]

Alex05-03-2012 12:01 AM

The last days I was busy by collecting all important information about and around .tel.
    Whenever I will find something new, it will be added on my forum. So hopefully I could provide a complete database about everything what is going on with .tel.

Also if you like to chat with old friends, you will find already several members.

Sumerlin:
    Since some more publicity is a good thing, I don’t think Telnic will be afraid.
    And even we will probably discuss with other members the pros and cons of .tel, I don’t intend to fight against Telnic since this is the most important party in the game.
    Instead I would like to support the success of .tel and hope for a peaceful coexistence.
    On the other hand I think an open platform without limitations in publicity and participants can bring new impulses.

Maximka:
    Since my website is running only for 4 days, I was just experimenting. Sorry for that; since I'm done with customizing, you'll find the forum in its final condition now.
    You won’t find any commercials on my website anymore.

Thank you very much for participation!

maximka05-18-2012 10:00 PM

Alex05-18-2012 10:10 PM

Maximka,

Thank you for the advice. 

I will try to improve the design.

But how I can improve the navigation of the forum since it works the same way like the Telnic forum?

maximka05-18-2012 10:51 PM

Alex05-19-2012 12:39 AM

Indeed, all 4 forums have differences in handling, design in navigation.

I would be happy about reading more opinions and detailed suggestions for further improvements.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

A new era - and a new forum! Empty Re: A new era - and a new forum!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:40 pm

Alex05-19-2012 11:45 AM

I have changed all symbols for navigation through the forum of TelTalk.org.
    New published comments are better noticeable now, too.

Since I like to present an overview at first sight, I don’t use subfolders. 
    Because of the wide range of topics the entry page is quite long, but I assume this reduces the clicks for navigation.

Also all comments from all members are always public; please consider only registered members have interactive access to all content.

On the other hand I don’t expect a big growth in the beginning until .tel itself gets more publicity.

At the moment TelTalk.org is the only English active & public forum specialized in .tel domains.

I would appreciate any further suggestions for improvements.

itld05-19-2012 12:29 PM

telnic forum : 3+ years
    domenforum : Creation Date: 2004-11-24 
    forumdottel created: 2009.06.20 
    TELTALK Creation Date: 2012-04-16 only

@Alex , Thank you for Good working

Alex05-19-2012 02:50 PM

itld, Thank you!

That's the support I need to hear for not giving up.

boracay.tel05-19-2012 03:15 PM

Hmmm.
    As soon as a telnic rep (such as Henri or Justin) puts down a comment of substance, swoosh, there is a tidal wave of activity. and Not forgetting Aled's efforts (thank you) in always trying to solve a technical or operational issue of the "shipped" product. 

I applaud your efforts in attempting to start another forum. Not needed.
    What's needed is more from telnic, and if you get that, then everybody will go your way.

Alex05-19-2012 03:43 PM

Boracay, Perhaps you are right my forum is useless.

But I see some advantages in providing an alternative platform:

• Comments in the Telnic forum are accessible only for members and hidden from the public.
    • At TelTalk.org comments don't get deleted because of criticism.
    • Banned members from the Telnic forum would like to continue talking about .tel domains.
    • An independent forum offers a more flexible usage and a wider range of topics.
    • Newbies will find an easier access to a forum which is open and readable without registration.
    • The structure of topics and the forum can be adjusted immediately when needed (without internal coordination first).
    • Alternative projects can be started without dependency on and permission from Telnic.

[size]
    Anyway the future of my forum depends on the future success of .tel as well.
    If .tel won't make a breakthrough, setting up TelTalk.org was waste of time, too![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2012 03:44 PM

@boracay, I agree. The effort is outstanding and gives a voice to all, but there should be one forum to focus upon and Telnic needs to participate more on this one. Sorry, Alex, that's why I haven't participated.
    Mark

Alex05-19-2012 03:51 PM

That's fine, Mark!

I try to concentrate on publishing all important news around the .tel world and giving prospects an overview at-a-glance.

Perhaps we will meet each other again in case .tel will take off.

itld05-19-2012 04:56 PM

When we talk about the availability of different services (Telmaster, TelFeeder, TelNames, TelCP, ...) is good.

When talking about the other independent site (forum) - it is bad.

I do not understand you, gentlemen.

TELcp05-19-2012 05:20 PM

@Alex

I have read threads/posts in your forum.
    But at this time the most important thing, as a developer, is to engage in direct communication with Telnic and let that conversation be shared with other forum members. And it is the very reason we did not start our own forum for TELcp users. It is always better to stay in one place than splitting our time in different places.
    Hope you don't misunderstand this remark.

Thanks & Good Luck.

itld05-19-2012 05:47 PM

Well.

Let's ask to close the topic of Telnic on NamePros, DomenForum and other forums that only had one forum - forum Telnic.

Let's ask the administrators not to auctions to sell TEL domains that trade was only in the Sales section in the forum Telnic ...

It will be better?

If someone you like and have a desire to do something - let him do.

supercyberheroes05-20-2012 12:42 AM

@alex is wonderful that you have open a new forum, some time I read it, but TELcp, Mark and Boracay are right, I believe you will be better off with a blog but its just a suggestion check if will be good idea to open a blog or not.

Regards
    http://supercyberheroes.tel

Alex05-20-2012 12:57 AM

itld, Thank you for your great support!

Supercyberheroes, Thx for the suggestion. The blog is already prepared at Blog.TelTalk.org and will be filled with content very soon.

boracay.tel05-20-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 23882)
    itld, The blog is already prepared at Blog.TelTalk.org and will be filled with content very soon.

[size]
    there you go. Looks great.
    Try to contact support at telnic directly, through their email adds. Get some EXCLUSIVE. Information, and you got a winner for certain. We are desperately seeking information as a community of the direction of this product overall. That's all anybody cares about right now.

Good luck Alex[/size]

Alex05-31-2012 11:04 AM

After some additional work the new forum TelTalk.org finally should be ready for a widespread use:

• Improved forum structure
    • Fast forum adjustment on user requests
    • Improved design to satisfy higher demands
    • Regular update on all important topics about .tel and related news
    • Introducing sections for different languages (e. g. Chinese, German, Russian, Spain)
    • Open the forum to 900 million Facebook users by integrated auto-login
      (If you use Facebook, you don't need to login into the .tel forum separately anymore.)

[size]
    Hopefully with the future success of .tel some visitors will join the forum soon! ;)[/size]

dottel.net05-31-2012 11:11 AM

had a quick look at your forum - looks like you've put in alot of work and effort. nice job.

the only comment i'd make is if possible you need a quick 'new posts' or 'todays post' button somewhere near the top and easily viewable. Whenever I visit a forum I quickly just want to see what's new today or since I was last there, anything else I'll use the search.

Alex05-31-2012 11:21 AM

Thank you, Dottel!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 24138)
    the only comment i'd make is if possible you need a quick 'new posts' or 'todays post' button somewhere near the top and easily viewable. Whenever I visit a forum I quickly just want to see what's new today or since I was last there, anything else I'll use the search.

[size]
    After you have logged in, you will find the following options right on top:
    [/size]

• View posts since last visit
    • View your posts
    • View unanswered posts

[size]

Some more additional features (a chat room and more) are reserved only for members.

But all topics are public, so prospects can get a fast overview what is going on around .tel, too![/size]

dottel.net05-31-2012 11:24 AM

ah ok - its only enabled for reg'd users. 
    might be worth thinking about opening it up for non reg'd users, but your call
    best of luck with the project.

Shahid05-31-2012 12:30 PM

haha thanks Alex i wouldn't have replied but the last point of letting 900m users join from FB Autologin was kinda funny i hope .tel becomes that famous to reach such mass.

infact i will register there now as i have not seen it neither registered.

Shahid

Alex05-31-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 24141)
    haha thanks Alex i wouldn't have replied but the last point of letting 900m users join from FB Autologin was kinda funny i hope .tel becomes that famous to reach such mass.

[size]
    Thank you to you Shahid, too!
    It becomes even funnier when we consider .tel offers the same solution with OAuth. (But I decided to use the Facebook login anyway - because of wider reach).
    Frankly spoken if TelFriends would be developed seriously, I would consider Facebook as the only serious competitor for .tel.
    And I'm completely serious when I expect Facebook will share the same destiny like MySpace:
    [/size]

• Their revenues are already declining.
    • Their IPO was the biggest disasters on the stock market since 5 years.

[size]
    If .tel would wake up, it could take the place of Facebook instead. But for reaching 900 million users, there has to be much more activity than what we see these days.
    BTW that is one reason why I have opened TelTalk.org. Perhaps I can help a little bit, so .tel won't be forgotten soon.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-31-2012 05:06 PM

Speaking of ... Facebook. ... .Tel could be a killer mobile app.
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:41 pm

Alex05-31-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24145)
    Speaking of ... Facebook. ... .Tel could be a killer mobile app.
    Mark

[size]
    Nice article!
    That is the great potential for .tel: giving Facebook users an alternative with additional data protection and ownership of their data.
    But of course .tel can't provide this at the moment, because the technical product maturity of Facebook is years ahead.[/size]

telrific06-01-2012 03:17 AM

Fadbook was always criticized as such because it was a predominantly social tool versus a critical tool.

social = critical (to many) is the part that so many just can't seem to captilize on, Facebook did this well.

900 million users happened because of the single point of contact, community driven idea.

This post was written over a year ago, but we still don't capitalize on the concept with .tel

http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...5&postcount=16

This was created to "start the ball rolling" on a .tel community driven approach like Facebook for .tel, but no mass support.

AdFlix has the ability to be the Facebook community of Business.

http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...7&postcount=17

In any event the .tel tool is valuable, but unfortunately we're still not capitalizing on the community of it as the driver, TelPages or whatever !

Alex06-12-2012 08:24 PM

If you would like to stay in contact with former active forum members like Bunjie, Jean Louis, Jens, Mike Seaton and more, please join us at TelTalk.org.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-12-2012 11:02 PM

@alex seems you have your hands full now with a certain member. I hope this problem is temporary. Interesting reading.
    Mark

Cees06-13-2012 07:23 AM

Mark,

Let me guess which one.

Alex06-13-2012 10:52 AM

Yes, it's not always easy to find the happy medium!

TelRise06-13-2012 03:45 PM

I can guess too.

Alex06-27-2012 07:42 AM

Recently the number of registrations at TelTalk.org has been increased.

Everybody who wants to take part in a lot of ongoing buzzing about .tel is welcome to attend.

Alex10-01-2012 01:43 PM

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum TelTalk.org!

Alex10-20-2012 09:55 AM

Thank you for making TelTalk.org the most active discussion platform for .tel on the internet.

Please join our forum and get the chance to become the hundredth member!

Blunderer10-20-2012 11:36 AM

And if that doesn't cure you, try this:

http://bethlemheritage.org.uk/aboutus.asp :)

dialaroom10-20-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25848)
    And if that doesn't cure you, try this:

http://bethlemheritage.org.uk/aboutus.asp :)

[size]
    Yes you've guessed Bedlam.tel is available. Think I'll buy it through Telnames and just put "Page 1." on it[/size]

Blunderer10-20-2012 06:33 PM

@dialaroom,

"just put "Page 1." on it" 

I like it!

Alex10-21-2012 02:48 PM

Due to the daily unique visitors I’m very satisfied with the performance of TelTalk.org:

[IMG]

Sorry Blunderer and Dialaroom, that I can't meet your high expectations.

boracay.tel10-21-2012 03:30 PM

I can never make much sense out of these analytics types of numbers. 
    Well It's the real world numbers I can relate to easily. 
    .tel will find the masses someday. 

Like today.
    the millions of apple iPhones
    and the disappearance of Nokia.
    And that it was definitely predictable that was going to happen.
    It's these patterns that need to be realized early on...

What's past is past. 
    Where does .tel concentrate now.
    It's great technology.
    drop the ideas that missed the mark.

It's currently all about iPhone and iPad further sweeping the market.
    Sure, google is there (but a world of hurt, Samsung et all$

Does it stay this apple way? For how long?
    Do we cater/build/waste time for android? For windows "surface"?
    Where to focus knowing what's just swept the mobile world to go graphical..

Statistics I can see. 
    Millions n millions of apple devices right now.
    .tel did not move early enough for the handheld graphical revolution.

Where now for .tel?
    Need to be a few years ahead of the puck
    Anybody want to predict?
    (Hope this is discussion)

Blunderer10-21-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 25851)
    Due to the daily unique visitors I’m very satisfied with the performance of TelTalk.org:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/17/47/36/51/ga10.jpg

Sorry Blunderer and Dialaroom, that I can't meet your high expectations.

[size]

Do I look at it that often?

You might recognise this: Bedlam - a noisy and confused situation.

I hope you still have some hair left.[/size]

Alex10-21-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25853)
    I hope you still have some hair left.

[size]
    I'm doing fine; thank you! :)[/size]

Blunderer10-21-2012 04:46 PM

@Boracay,

IMO you build sites for Mobile, but not exclusively for one platform, and keep one eye on data charges.

boracay.tel10-21-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25855)
    @Boracay,

IMO you build sites for Mobile, but not exclusively for one platform, and keep one eye on data charges.

[size]
    Data charges, the telephone companies are being held accountable nowadays. Go ahead, let them run up their unfounded per kb charges. It's all smoke n mirrors in today's per gig world, and then you are redirected to India (nice people by the way). Not in the USA though. 
    Too funny.

How about this food for thought....

Ingredients
    1. Internet world GONE mobile (so basically 100%telephone)
    2. Telephone world GONE graphical (basically 100% apple/WebKit )
    3. .tel (telephone, telecommunications) basically about 100% CONTACT data displayed on telephones (so by deduction should be 100% graphical made for iPhone/WebKit)

Result:

.Tel = Graphical contact data displayed on telephones (100%)

Be the best at implementing THAT and you have a predictable winner!
    A graphical .tel it MUST be. 

So,
    Then it needs to look and function smoothly, perfectly, and conform to apple device expectations.

Hint: take a look at the apple developers guide re mobile GUI and human interface expectations. If your mobile product doesn't look and feel and respond as per those mobile iOS guidelines, then ask yourself "why not???"

Telnames mobile is on the right track and is doing a better job (initially anyway) of conforming to apple guidelines. 

Do we get a MAJOR upgraded mobile experience too for all existing .tel owners? ....And most importantly this surely MUST extend to the .tel SEARCH results page TOO!

Ha!
    What you got blunderer?
    I'm open to discussion on this...[/size]

Blunderer10-21-2012 06:23 PM

Still a long way to go in many places:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/9759485.stm 

and I think that a lot of people in the UK will opt for something more basic (and cheaper) than ios devices.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Alex10-22-2012 12:10 AM

Hello Boracay,

Your comment makes absolutely sense.

May I copy it to TelTalk, because I want to collect as much positive notes for .tel as possible and make it visible for the public?

Thank you
    Alex

boracay.tel10-22-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25857)
    Still a long way to go in many places:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/9759485.stm 

and I think that a lot of people in the UK will opt for something more basic (and cheaper) than ios devices.

[size]
    sure, but hmm... 
    (heres the top stories today from that link you gave me!)

* I was drinking '10 bottles of wine a day'

* 'Prostitution was empowering'

* Petrol 'produced from air and water'

----------

People get hand me downs. you know what the iphone 1, 2, and 3 does today?
    works for years into the future. browser(s) the internet exactly the same as the iphone 5 today.

thats whats happening.
    and on the cheaper new product side?
    keep an eye out tomorrow. ipad minis coming in. again pushing apple product further into the "hand me down" line. that will work the same for another few years too. its billions of apple devices into the wild. zero motorola, zero blackberry, zero nokia, and a whole world of hurt for android/samsung.

...and apple will keep on with this pattern. 
    I wish to jump discussion to 3 years ahead. 
    (for now .tel must go immediately pro-apple, and do it perfectly, graphically, as per the GUI guidelines.)

what will .tel have in 3 years that will sweep the world?

I appreciate you giving some feedback.
    would love to meet the blunders for a coffee.
    perhaps canada? and mark and others here that just want to see .tel work for our futures.[/size]

boracay.tel10-22-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 25858)
    Hello Boracay,

Your comment makes absolutely sense.

May I copy it to TelTalk, because I want to collect as much positive notes for .tel as possible and make it visible for the public?

Thank you
    Alex

[size]
    Alex, its up for discussion here or anywhere.
    I really wish to see .tel GRAPHICAL contact data implemented .
    in the best possible graphical way. to follow the guidelines put out by apple GUI

obviously, ASAP to be prominant on the current dominating graphical mobile products
    iPhone and iPad. and anything that tries to be an iPhone or iPad.
    its the way the apple devices do things graphically. its not up for debate, they are copied because they are smooth, responsive, highly graphical. always have been.

i'll try to find a public post of the VIDEO of the developers GUI for apple mobile devices.
    If you are not doing whats shown, written, proven with this mobile gui (then you are going to be left behind) because its EXPECTED functionality and billions are now with it in their hands[/size]

supercyberheroes10-22-2012 01:56 PM

IMPORTANT DO NOT IGNORE.
    OK, guys we all dream with .tel success, but let me tell you apple is too big, hp is too big, sony is too big, dell is too big they are not interest in .tel yet, why we do not start for smallest one that may be listen to us.

We in Colombia have some (3 I believe) PC manufactures companies, but the best know is PCsmart a company that started a Colombian engineer (just over 20s years old engineeer) in 2003 with 2000 US dollar, that is right just 2000 dollars in his house garage, money borrow by her mother credit card, and he and another staff started making PC and they grow so fast, investors gave him 4.5 millions dollars and today the company have over 400 employees and is the 3 mark of PC with more sell in Colombia with 100.000 unit sold per years, they make as well laptops, netbooks, notebooks, gamers, ultrabooks and tablets, they lunched the first tablet in august 2010 called touchsmart by PCsmart (not touchsmart by HP)

It is 100% colombian technology an they are one of the leaders in Colombia and are growing in others latin american countries, they use microsoft and intel, and windows and android the build they technology they target is to be the leader in the region compete with apple, hp etc.

What I try to say is that I am administrative one person not technical or engineer, if, Mark, telcp, etc help me with that could easy for me to try to let that man that .tel will be good for his company.

Let me know please is that is good Idea to sell .tel idea that this company.

you can visit they website here:
    http://pcsmart.co

or watch the video of touch smart tablet here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmmPdjpYR_E&feature=related

regards
    http://ideal.tel

supercyberheroes10-22-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 25861)
    IMPORTANT DO NOT IGNORE.
    OK, guys we all dream with .tel success, but let me tell you apple is too big, hp is too big, sony is too big, dell is too big they are not interest in .tel yet, why we do not start for smallest one that may be listen to us.

We in Colombia have some (3 I believe) PC manufactures companies, but the best know is PCsmart a company that started a Colombian engineer (just over 20s years old engineeer) in 2003 with 2000 US dollar, that is right just 2000 dollars in his house garage, money borrow by her mother credit card, and he and another staff started making PC and they grow so fast, investors gave him 4.5 millions dollars and today the company have over 400 employees and is the 3 mark of PC with more sell in Colombia with 100.000 unit sold per years, they make as well laptops, netbooks, notebooks, gamers, ultrabooks and tablets, they lunched the first tablet in august 2010 called touchsmart by PCsmart (not touchsmart by HP)

It is 100% colombian technology an they are one of the leaders in Colombia and are growing in others latin american countries, they use microsoft and intel, and windows and android the build they technology they target is to be the leader in the region compete with apple, hp etc.

What I try to say is that I am administrative one person not technical or engineer, if, Mark, telcp, etc help me with that could easy for me to try to let that man that .tel will be good for his company.

Let me know please is that is good Idea to sell .tel idea that this company.

you can visit they website here:
    http://pcsmart.co

or watch the video of touch smart tablet here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmmPdjpYR_E&feature=related

regards

[size]
    OK this is the website:http://www.pcsmart.co[/size]

supercyberheroes10-22-2012 02:31 PM

Just reading now news: pcsmart is second place now on sell PC in Colombia last year 2011 sold 120.000 units just behind HP and now HP from USA and the Colombian pcsmart and compumax won a contract to sell 321.000 laptops per year to the colombian government for the next 2 years.
    So guys what do you think, can we start selling .tel idea to smallest companies due that the biggest in the world will not listen to us, we could try at least starting with these 2 small technology companies but growing.

this is the other 100% colombia technogy in PC maker, laptops, tablets, notebooks: http://http://www.compumax.com.co/

The new ultrabook from pcsmart is here: http://http://www.pcsmart.co/index.p...mart&Itemid=28

Let me know guys about the idea

Regards

supercyberheroes10-22-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 25863)
    Just reading now news: pcsmart is second place now on sell PC in Colombia last year 2011 sold 120.000 units just behind HP and now HP from USA and the Colombian pcsmart and compumax won a contract to sell 321.000 laptops per year to the colombian government for the next 2 years.
    So guys what do you think, can we start selling .tel idea to smallest companies due that the biggest in the world will not listen to us, we could try at least starting with these 2 small technology companies but growing.

this is the other 100% colombia technogy in PC maker, laptops, tablets, notebooks: http://http://www.compumax.com.co/

The new ultrabook from pcsmart is here: http://http://www.pcsmart.co/index.p...mart&Itemid=28

Let me know guys about the idea

Regards

[size]
    again what the: this is the website of compumax: http://http://compumax.com.co/

http://http://www.pcsmart.co/index.p...mart&Itemid=28

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

supercyberheroes10-22-2012 02:39 PM

again what the: this is the website of compumax: http://compumax.com.co

Regards

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/QUOTE]

Alex10-22-2012 02:40 PM

Points and reward system for members at TelTalk

Early member registration and every post at TelTalk.org are intended to be rewarded.

boracay.tel10-23-2012 02:57 AM

Sure, need to catapult past current.
    So where will .tel technology need to be in 3years
    Perhaps you are right to look at upcoming pc companies.
    I'm merely pointing out the heavy graphical current mobile market that exists 
    And the forgotten blackberry Nokia Motorola et all text based delivery the mass buying market obvious cares less about.

A graphical contact .tel WAS the product needed past/already.
    the new era topic worth discussing here is where to jump .tel into the future.

boracay.tel10-23-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25860)
    i'll try to find a public post of the VIDEO of the developers GUI for apple mobile devices.

[size]
    The next phase?
    A gem of a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHsHKzYOV2E&sns=em[/size]

dutchstreetdog10-23-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25869)
    The next phase?
    A gem of a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHsHKzYOV2E&sns=em

[size]
    Nic Vid ! Apple rulesssss ! Come on DotTel POWER !!!!!!![/size]

TELcp10-23-2012 01:01 PM

Steve Jobs created a product for others to use.
    He understood the needs of others.
    It's the change that he made others to believe in him.
    He is no more with us.
    But his vision makes us to feel that he still lives among us.

boracay.tel10-24-2012 01:52 AM

another astonishing and FACTUAL statistic: 
    apple iOS tablets ARE 91% of the web-browsing tablet market.

every measured statistic, such as web traffic (measured with Google's own Analytics platform), ads served, apps, music, or books downloaded and/or paid for, show the iPad's market share over 90%. The logical explanation is either that there are a lot of other tablets sitting on store shelves or in warehouses, or people just don't use those devices once they purchase them because the experience is vastly inferior to the iPad experience.

its iOS overwhelmingly.
    ps blunderer, this proves that people are NOT buying cheaper tablets that exist (such as $199 kindles)
    and apple today said $329 for the ipad mini is not a price problem based on statistics shown
    nobody wants a cheaper experience is the conclusion drawn

this is particularly important point re mobile.
    telnames is a better mobile iOS experience.
    (but even then, telnames could do much much better by following set iOS GUI guidelines which it does not,
    example the pictures gallery, its expected that pictures will simply swipe side to side by DEFAULT, and that touching once will enlarge) 

basic typical expected iOS interaction

Blunderer10-24-2012 09:23 PM

Hi Boracay,

I don't doubt the figures you quote for tablets but my comment was made with regard to mobile phones.

I'm not interested in tablets - or laptops or desktops. Everything I do is focussed upon mobile phones and the mobile view - pocket devices. To me, a tablet is only a lighter laptop, and still something that needs a bag to carry it around.

In as much as I pay any thought to tablets, I noticed a TV ad for some new Microsoft tablet which has a snap-on keyboard. I can see the merit in that, but I wouldn't pay a fortune for it.

(and I prefer paper books )

boracay.tel10-25-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25888)
    Hi Boracay,

Everything I do is focussed upon mobile phones and the mobile view - pocket devices.

[size]
    The release of the iPad-mini (www.apple.com) again blurs the boundaries of mobile or hand-held devices. The desktop template will be on those (unless telnic decides otherwise)
    And it will sell millions by next weekend alone. Surely BOTH desktop (ipad, ipad mini) and mobile are STILL important to you?

Currently, iOS is statistically massive and growing. cannot be glossed over.
    (So polished software for apple handheld devices. as per the GUI guidelines, should be an important consideration for displaying and interacting with .tel data)[/size]

Blunderer10-25-2012 01:43 PM

@Boracay,

" blurs the boundaries" ?

If you put it in your trouser pocket it would probably make your eyes water when you sat down Ha! Ha! but, to answer your question - desktop view has ALWAYS been subordinate to mobile functionality, display and search, in my opinion - and strategy.

One mobile viewable top image banner, which could be managed through the CTH, would suit my strategy, enabling me to sign up a sponsor/major advertiser, or display charity or community appeals, or even advertise Telnames !!!

The arrival of Telnames does present a continuity problem to those wishing to link a .tel and Telnames site(s).

I also acknowledge that you are promoting an attractive, lifestyle product - as much as a directory, and that additional image and video functionality, available through third party tools, is important.

However, I can't see any justification for committing .tel to the iOS in any of the above.

boracay.tel10-25-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25895)
    @Boracay,
    However, I can't see any justification for committing .tel to the iOS in any of the above.

[size]
    to speed up development.
    to bring a better mobile experience ASAP.

and why not?
    these are compelling stats.

...and just out now, further statistics from AT&T quarterly results
    "iPhone Accounts for 77% of Smartphone Sales, 62% of All Postpaid Phone Sales at AT&T in 3Q 2012"

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/24/...tt-in-3q-2012/[/size]

Blunderer10-26-2012 12:39 AM

@Boracay,

I think we have gone right round the circle on this one.

boracay.tel10-26-2012 01:51 AM

I appreciate the time you gave to put forward your views blunderer.
    I do hope we see your request implemented. It would be great.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Alex11-22-2012 03:19 PM

If you want to follow the newest development, please visit TelTalk.org.

You will find 19 fresh topics currently discussed with new entries only from today!

Alex02-17-2013 06:27 PM

Please enjoy our new features at TelTalk.org.

You can use this platform to promote your individual projects or the TLD .tel itself.

Please spread the news about the whole potential!

Alex02-19-2013 04:10 AM

We at TelTalk.org believe in the future of .tel.

For this reason we try building a .tel portal to attract as many people as possible!

Please find all .tel resources at TelTalk.org.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 6:22 pm