The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telchina

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telchina      Empty Telchina

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:56 am

Simon G01-29-2011 07:18 PM

Telchina

Went to have a look at the links on the newsletter. The telchina server appears to be down. For example Lucywang.tel

Any thoughts?
    mikeseaton01-29-2011 11:24 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 12406)
    Went to have a look at the links on the newsletter. The telchina server appears to be down. For example Lucywang.tel

Any thoughts?

[size]

Simon, just tried http://lucywang.tel/ and its coming up OK now (if a bit slow).

Lucy's template with the background image looks good - though the text size on her contact links is smaller than ours and not so easy to read.

Mike Seaton[/size]
    maximka01-30-2011 12:11 AM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 12406)
    Any thoughts?

[size]

May be they again now are in a process of registering another few thousands of new TELs?[/size]
    Cedric01-31-2011 10:15 AM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12413)
    May be they again now are in a process of registering another few thousands of new TELs?

[size]

That might be!!! :) 

I just reged ChinesePainting.tel the day before yesterday, and the Whois still shows:

[/size]
    Domain Status:        pendingCreate
    [size]

I phoned their custom service, they said that they are now "processing a block of 20+ thousand new .tel regs...... so my domain still need to wait for some day to be active/set-up."[/size]
    maximka01-31-2011 12:21 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12454)
    I phoned their custom service, they said that they are now "processing a block of 20+ thousand new .tel regs...... so my domain still need to wait for some day to be active/set-up."

[size]

Oh! That number will be, perhaps, the record of TELs registered at a one day!
    By the way, may I ask you, why not do you use name_com or Dynadot for registering domains? Perhaps, they should be almost twice cheaper than TelChina?

Quote:

[/size]

I just reged ChinesePainting.tel the day before yesterday

[size]

It is a nice name! What is you opinion, for people from China TELs with IDN names are more convenient for use or TELs with English names?[/size]
    Cedric01-31-2011 02:03 PM

China UnionPay Bank Card

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12466)

By the way, may I ask you, why not do you use name_com or Dynadot for registering domains? Perhaps, they should be almost twice cheaper than TelChina?

[size]

Yes, reg from TelChina is really expensive...

I've tried to reg from somewhere else, but it's extremely inconvenience on payment...

[/size]
    p.s. That's the reason why GoDaddy supports AliPay, which is like PayPal but can use local Chinese Bank Card.
    [size]

So I'm now planning to apply for an international bank card, and make further Regs / Re-New at name-com or Dynadot.

[/size]
    p.s. the one-year-dot-tel price on:
    Net.cn is 230RMB (= 34.83USD), 
    Xinnet.com is 220RMB (= 33.32USD), 
    35.com is 168RMB (= 25.44USD), 
    and TelChina here is the "cheapest" at 160RMB (= 24.23USD) ... ...
    [size]

I do know that, I can reg a .tel at just $9.99 if I reg from Internet-bs or somewhere else...

Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12466)
    It is a nice name! What is you opinion, for people from China TELs with IDN names are more convenient for use or TELs with English names?

[size]

Well... IDN in .tel or .com/.net looks great, but not that easy to type-in and get access to the site. Especially, on mobile phone browser as you know.[/size]
    maximka01-31-2011 07:18 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12468)
    ...the one-year-dot-tel price on: 
    (= 34.83USD), 
    (= 33.32USD), 
    (= 25.44USD), 
    and TelChina here is the "cheapest" at 160RMB (= 24.23USD)

[size]

Really expensive. :eek: 
    I saw Ads at your TEL, at the right side : "Tel区". The same Ads I saw at all TELs, which were registered by TelChina. Is it possible to remove it from your TEL-site or users have no ability to remove it?

Quote:

[/size]

Well... IDN in .tel or .com/.net looks great, but not that easy to type-in and get access to the site. Especially, on mobile phone browser as you know.

[size]

So, IDN with Chinese characters can be useful only for Google or Baidu search?

By the way, in China do people write SMS at mobil phones in Latin letters or in Chinese characters? 

Sorry for so many questings, but it seems that you are the only expert here in all these matters.

By the way, have a Happy Chinese New Year![/size]
    maximka01-31-2011 07:51 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

I've tried to reg from somewhere else, but it's extremely inconvenience on payment...

[size]

At Dynadot you can pay with Moneybookers. They are much more user-friendly than Paypal. And they accept users from more countries.

http://litvo.webasyst.net/photos/ful...2cc68d8f52b312

It seems also, that you can add funds to your Moneybookers' account from bank's account in China. You only need to check out what bank in China Moneybookers works with. That is very important because if you will open your account in the bank, which works with Moneybookers, and will add funds from there to your Moneybookers' account, then the commission will be minimal.

http://litvo.webasyst.net/photos/ful...cf35f9bf0a74b7[/size]
    Cedric02-01-2011 06:10 AM

remove ads

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12476)

1) I saw Ads at your TEL, at the right side : "Tel区". The same Ads I saw at all TELs, which were registered by TelChina. Is it possible to remove it from your TEL-site or users have no ability to remove it?

2) So, IDN with Chinese characters can be useful only for Google or Baidu search?

3) By the way, in China do people write SMS at mobil phones in Latin letters or in Chinese characters? 

4) By the way, have a Happy Chinese New Year!

[size]

Hi Maximka,

Thank you a lot for your information on the payment issue, I will have a try.

1) Users have no ability to remove it......

[/size]
    As we know, your whole .tel-site is just something about Just One Zone File, so my idea is that -- use the backup and restore function to remove the Ads by TelChina.

Steps are simple : Backup ==> Find the Ad Part ==> Delete or Rename/link it to yours ==>Restore
    [size]

But it didn't make sense.
    I just phoned them, they said there's "no way" to remove it...... including "my idea"......

Relating Img: http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6e07055djw6ddwovxb7mwj.jpg

2) On search engines, IDN with Chinese characters can be useful for Google, but Baidu doesn't seems support IDN well.

Relating Img: http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6e07055djw6ddwp97pzrcj.jpg

3) In China, people write SMS at mobile phones in both Chinese characters and Latin letters. However, most of the build-in browsers don't support IDN as you know.

4) Thank you! :)[/size]
    maximka02-01-2011 07:44 PM

Cedric, thanks for your answers! 

I see from your reply that IDN are not as good for users from China as I thought first. Especially discouraging is that Baidu don't recognize them. I tried to see my 画 .tel at Baidu and it do not show it at all.
    I put here your image, as a picture, not as a link:
    http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6e07055djw6ddwp97pzrcj.jpg

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12486)
    In China, people write SMS at mobile phones in both Chinese characters and Latin letters. However, most of the build-in browsers don't support IDN as you know.

[size]

My mobile phone is very simple and I have no Internet there, so I even do not know about browsers there.

Quote:

[/size]

... a lot for your information on the payment issue, I will have a try. :).

[size]

If Ads are not to remove, it is another reason (in addition to high prices of registering/renewing) to transfer your TELs to another registrar. Please, write later about the results of that try.[/size]
    maximka02-07-2011 12:02 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Users have no ability to remove it...

[size]

I looked today at your TELs once more time and found there no Ads from TelChina. Not sure who made it but it is a little victory. Congratulations! :)[/size]
    maximka02-10-2011 07:02 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

I just reged ChinesePainting .tel the day before yesterday...

[size]

At this your site I see Ads from "Tel区" and on other your pages it is absent now.

By the way, I heard that search engines do not like then site has a link which leads to itself.[/size]
    Cedric02-11-2011 07:05 AM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12719)

At this your site I see Ads from "Tel区" and on other your pages it is absent now.

[size]

That's because I reged isme.tel and univ.tel ahead of their adding-Ads Plan.

And I reg 问.tel and ChinesePainting.tel after they made the change in the system.[/size]
    maximka02-11-2011 01:31 PM

Cedric, thanks for explanation!

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12719)
    By the way, I heard that search engines do not like then site has a link which leads to itself.

[size]

That link at swisso _tel, which I marked in red:
    http://litvo.webasyst.net/photos/ful...a55cd3d863b024[/size]
    Cedric02-11-2011 02:07 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 12730)

By the way, I heard that search engines do not like then site has a link which leads to itself.

[size]

Dear Maximka, 

Thank you for your reminder, I will remove that link.

p.s. I know less about SEO things...

[/size]
    maximka02-11-2011 05:47 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12734)
    p.s. I know less about SEO things...

[size]

Here is a link to a poll-article with graphics in Russian language about things, which have influence on SEO. I think that it is possible to read it with Google translate service. Percents shown there mean the percent of experts (from those who had participated in this poll ) who agree/diagree on that or another statement: http://топэксперт.рф/

Perhaps there are similar reliable/professional articles in English, but I do not know how to find them.

.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 1:28 am