The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.Tel Transfer successful without loss of data..

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.Tel Transfer successful without loss of data.. Empty .Tel Transfer successful without loss of data..

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:24 pm

Shahid08-04-2009 10:56 PM

.Tel Transfer successful without loss of data..

Hello Everyone, 

just wanted to inform you since Domain monster has a price slash down for .tel
    domains i did give a test to 7 of my .tel domains from name.com to Domain monster

i would like to let you all know that the transaction took 6 Days and the best part was
    no loss of any kind of data, i expected everything to be off but noting happened :) 

www.ustaxi.tel
    www.usataxi.tel 
    www.ecotours.tel
    www.autoshows.tel
    www.forextrade.tel
    www.performers.tel
    www.casualty.tel

further more Domain Monster also informed me that they are working on the CTH Account 
    for each domain like other Registrars, so that surely is great news.

good luck incase you found this post useful do post back

hope your happy now Mark

Shahid08-07-2009 11:45 AM

really upset with the transfer i lost all the data i had stored in the .tel i transferred to domain monster.
    telnic should have a feature where if anyone stores any amount of data on a .tel it should not be deleted even if the person transfers a domain.

i personally feel telnic should allow the following feature as all the .tel data is stored on telnic itself lets say tomorrow someone wants to sell a .tel with a the whole directory and telnic has not come out with the backup system everything will be lost so atleast for people like me who dont have any knowledge of the programing they should make things easier.

Thanks

nadya08-07-2009 12:38 PM

Shahid,

We are working on a feature that will allow you to create a backup copy of your data from the control panel. It's on our roadmap as 'bulk updates' http://telnic.org/community-roadmap.html

imaginethink08-07-2009 12:44 PM

Hi Shahid,

Sorry to hear that. Didn't you try one of the backup solutions available out there? I think tel-machine has implemented one as well.

RonMunson08-07-2009 04:32 PM

I look forward to a solution. Definitely selling a domain would be a problem at this point if it is a huge directory.

Shahid08-07-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaginethink (Post 869)
    Hi Shahid,

Sorry to hear that. Didn't you try one of the backup solutions available out there? I think tel-machine has implemented one as well.

[size]
    Thanks for ur mesg imaginethink, well i did use tel-machine earlier but then again i didn't backup was my stupidity and the directories werent that big i wil get them up again.

what i don't get is the following ?

where is word.tel hosted ? on telnic hosting servers 

then if a person transfers domain and the dns isnt changed why does the data even get deleted ?[/size]

Shahid08-07-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 867)
    Shahid,

We are working on a feature that will allow you to create a backup copy of your data from the control panel. It's on our roadmap as 'bulk updates' http://telnic.org/community-roadmap.html

[size]
    Hello Nadya, 

Thanks for your message i know its on the road map but before the it even comes out i think telnic should have a feature not to delete any existing data unless the user wishes to delete it.[/size]

Shahid08-07-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 877)
    I look forward to a solution. Definitely selling a domain would be a problem at this point if it is a huge directory.

[size]

the solution is only one as far as i can see Telnic needs to let the existing data remain there and not delete since .tel is hosted on their own DNS there should be any problem, i do believe the backup system is on way but for temp use this is an ideal solution and i hope you all agree with me :)[/size]

mikeseaton08-29-2009 01:44 AM

I totally agree with Shahid and Ron Munson about the difficulty there is going to be when selling a DotTel.

Rather than have to use a backup/restore routine - which could get a bit messy with the seller being responsible for the backup and the buyer responsible for the restore - it would be so much easier to just leave the data in the DNS,

If the seller was only selling the domain name, and not the content, then they could easily delete their content before the sale, otherwise the data should just be left alone so that the new owner can take over without having to get involved in restore routines.

The beauty of this approach is that the objective is achieved - transferring the content to the new owner - without any action having to be taken at all.

Mike Seaton
    http://MikeSeaton.tel

Shahid08-29-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 1180)
    I totally agree with Shahid and Ron Munson about the difficulty there is going to be when selling a DotTel.

Rather than have to use a backup/restore routine - which could get a bit messy with the seller being responsible for the backup and the buyer responsible for the restore - it would be so much easier to just leave the data in the DNS,

If the seller was only selling the domain name, and not the content, then they could easily delete their content before the sale, otherwise the data should just be left alone so that the new owner can take over without having to get involved in restore routines.

The beauty of this approach is that the objective is achieved - transferring the content to the new owner - without any action having to be taken at all.

Mike Seaton
    http://MikeSeaton.tel

[size]
    Its good to see people coming upfront and taking part in discussion about various things, this effect will not only help the end user buy out the domain but also help a person who has no knowledge of development or programing.

if a person buys www.marineparts.tel from me and i have have to transfer the domain to him but during transfer all the data is lost, what good does it do him ? what good does it do the people who have spent the listing fees to be there, what good does it to the search engine on which the keywords are based now.

so telnic really needs to look into this aspect, since .tel is for people who have no knowledge about programing or development then simple things like these shoulnt be a big problem as the .tel are hosting with telnic no where else

Shahid[/size]

henri08-29-2009 03:39 PM

You'll press the "export" button, save the file and email it to the buyer.
    The buyer will then, at his convenience, press the "import" button.

H

Shahid08-30-2009 08:00 AM

thank you for your reply Henri, tried to look for the button in telhosting but could find noting that says export button, hopefully it is on development i would like to know by when can we have it.

Thanks

nadya08-30-2009 10:47 AM

Hi, Shahid.

Yes, this is in development and we'll let you know when the release dates are finalized.

Triton NW08-30-2009 08:01 PM

Updates

Hello Nadya
    Can you give us a feel for the timing on a few updates? My 2 areas of interest are the display options of the site name (breaking into 2 words) and the labeling options of goto links.

Thank you

nadya08-30-2009 09:14 PM

Hi Triton,
    The custom title string is in final stages of development, and we hope to enter it in the nearest release. Labels for Goto links may be combined with 'long labels' - the ability to enter a longer text in UTF8 encoding for all NAPTR records. That's a larger change, and although it's in the works as well I don't know whether it'll be ready for the next release or the one after it.

Shahid08-31-2009 09:46 AM

thanks nadya for reply, i thought it was lunched already and i was missing out something in the panel.

Shahid

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 5:43 am