The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Proxy Update

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Proxy Update Empty .tel Proxy Update

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:42 pm

Aled03-17-2010 12:38 PM

.tel Proxy Update

Thanks to all of those who took the time to provide feedback regarding the new proxy look and feel. Today, we have made some minor changes to the current .tel proxy:

• “Print this / Download vCard” section size has been reduced to become less intrusive
    • .tel Logo reduced in size
    • Icon/Image link removed from the mobile versions of the TelProxy
    • Removal of the “Note” text and the parenthesis from “Note” contact types 
    • Increased font size for ads and Related content
    • Removal of “Keywords” title within the free text keywords section
    • Icon transparency included

In addition to this, starting from next week and continuing over the coming weeks we will also be making the following updates:
    • An updated “go to” logo
    • An optional “Manage” link
    • Update to click on Google Maps to open it in a new window to take advantage of Google’s directions and other functionality

Further to this, the following will also be launched in the same timeframe:
    • A ‘starter pack’ of template options, including a version with the look and feel of the previous proxy design and a de-limited version of the current proxy design
    • A Smartphone version of the proxy which will incorporate some of the new design features

We will aim to keep you informed as to when these features and functionality are to be released where we can, dependent on the testing and release schedule. If you believe that there is anything that has been suggested that hasn’t been incorporated once you see these live, as always, please let us know and we will aim to include these, either in new templates, or we will explain why this has not been incorporated.

tel4rent03-17-2010 01:02 PM

• “Print this / Download vCard” section size has been reduced to become less intrusive
    Noticed.
    • .tel Logo reduced in size. 
    :) Noticed
    • Icon/Image link removed from the mobile versions of the TelProxy
    • Removal of the “Note” text and the parenthesis from “Note” contact types
    :D Noticed
    • Increased font size for ads and Related content
    :) Noticed
    • Removal of “Keywords” title within the free text keywords section
    :D Noticed

I have already noticed the changes mentioned above. 

Very well done Telnic. Thank you for your support.

Be well.

Bunjie03-17-2010 02:26 PM

Thank you the • Icon transparency included was driving us nutz! could not figure out why it didn't work.

Where it says the .tel name example.tel under the main title can we get a smaller secondary title so it becomes.

The Something Directory (y)
    something.tel - A secondary title line (x)

or

Title Here
    something.tel - The Something Directory

If it's the (x) can we have it so something.tel - The Something Directory gives the tags on the html The something directory (x) - and then (y) page title

http://images.furry.se/temp/request-secondary-title.png

tel4rent03-17-2010 02:52 PM

Bunjie! i agree. It would very nice and the look is much more professional.

Nice one;)

nadya03-17-2010 03:49 PM

Re two headings, I personally don't think this is such a good idea. The current arrangement of one clear title and one domain name makes it a clean and understandable page.

Nairobi Business Directory
    nairobi.tel 

Having more and more titles and sub-titles makes the top bar busier. It is more difficult to see what's the most important. If you want to put a slogan or more information - use line breaks in the title, or type in the text header. Hopefully, with the redesign of the control panel, you will be able to enter line breaks to title via the web panel.

tel4rent03-17-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 6971)
    Re two headings, I personally don't think this is such a good idea. The current arrangement of one clear title and one domain name makes it a clean and understandable page.

Nairobi Business Directory
    nairobi.tel 

Having more and more titles and sub-titles makes the top bar busier. It is more difficult to see what's the most important. If you want to put a slogan or more information - use line breaks in the title, or type in the text header. Hopefully, with the redesign of the control panel, you will be able to enter line breaks to title via the web panel.

[size]
    Nadya,

The idea is not to have more headings (in my opinion). The idea is having more control over the title - the way it gets displayed. 

may be what you mentioned above will give us more control. Let's hope

Thanks![/size]

mikeseaton03-17-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 6950)
    We will aim to keep you informed as to when these features and functionality are to be released where we can, dependent on the testing and release schedule. If you believe that there is anything that has been suggested that hasn’t been incorporated once you see these live, as always, please let us know and we will aim to include these, either in new templates, or we will explain why this has not been incorporated.

[size]
    Thanks Aled for the detailed update of what's included - this proactive approach to software release information is very welcome.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 6971)
    Re two headings, I personally don't think this is such a good idea. The current arrangement of one clear title and one domain name makes it a clean and understandable page..

[size]
    I agree with keeping it simple - but have two suggestions to improve the title display:

1. Allow us to specify the font size.

2. Where the search box is not specified use the space for the title display - at the moment the text wraps round to the line below for (to the user) no apparent reason.

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net03-17-2010 07:41 PM

thanks for the update.

how about moving the print and vcard options into the top nav bar? would still make them readily accessible. thoughts?

also binding the width to a set value, instead of allowing it to stretch to the browser width would also make this template very usable and clean. right now when viewed on a widescreen monitor, looks very lost.

thanks.

teltheworld03-17-2010 08:45 PM

I have to agree with dottel that: 

The page would look a lot cleaner if the 'V' card and Print Options were moved into the Top Nav Bar.

What I would really like to see is the .Tel Logo moved up there as well, as IMHO where it is now seems to draw the eye away from the main content.

mikeseaton03-17-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 6984)
    also binding the width to a set value, instead of allowing it to stretch to the browser width would also make this template very usable and clean. right now when viewed on a widescreen monitor, looks very lost.

[size]
    Agreed - the width of the header bar should just be the width of the content.

With so many laptops and desktops being widescreen these days it does make the current Dot Tel page layout look wrong.

Hopefully this will be fixed when the new set of templates are released.

Mike Seaton[/size]

JLouisBiz03-17-2010 09:12 PM

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/pow...tory_waits.jpg

russellharper03-18-2010 01:55 AM

Great news, thanks for listening Telnic. Really looking forward to seeing the new template designs when they get released....

nadya03-20-2010 11:18 AM

Posts about copying data or displaying data from DNS in different ways have been moved to a separate thread. Please stick to one topic in one thread.

Triton NW03-22-2010 04:42 PM

Telhosting Update

Aled
    I am not asking for exact dates and times but can you provide an estimate as to the enhancements this week? Will new templates be available, etc. Unfortuanltely, I dont have the time this week to log onto the Telhosting and click around to see if any changes have taken effect. 

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Triton NW03-23-2010 04:38 PM

Just a little information

Aled
    As per my prior post, would you give us a very basic overview of the timing for the new templates and other enhancements. If the answer is a month or months from now, that is fine but we need some level of information to schedule our site work. For me this is not a job but a hobby (hopefully not for long) that has limited windows where I can demonstrate to potential customers. I jsut need something to tell them as they are asking me daily.

Any news, even if its bad will of value.

Thank you

Aled03-23-2010 05:37 PM

The following internal development schedule is provided as a guide for information and planning purposes. Please note that timescales may change dependent on the successful testing of the systems. We will aim to provide firmer dates as we get a clearer understanding of how testing is going. We anticipate that the following will be available for the community around these timescales:

• Update to existing proxy, including additional third party logos and updated Go To icon and the incorporation of Google AdSense into the control panel – end of March
    • Version 1.0 of Telpages – Early April
    • First selection of templates including the retro proxy template and template chooser in the control panel as well as a refreshed smart phone proxy – Mid-April onwards
    • Support for Click to call services and HCard tagging – End of April

Triton NW03-23-2010 06:39 PM

Thanks Aled
    This is helpful.

Have a good day

Triton NW03-24-2010 05:49 PM

Telnic.tel

Hello Aled
    Can you tell us what tool was used to create the link on the right side of telnic.tel front page that announces the March 23 press release? That looks really nice but I have no idea how to do in on my sites.

Thanks again for the help

Joe

maximka04-01-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 6950)
    Removal of the “Note” text and the parenthesis from “Note” contact types.

[size]
    Now I again see that word “Note” at one my domain. At another one I see it not. I can PM that domain to Telnic if necessary.[/size]

Aled04-02-2010 04:23 PM

hello maximka,

Please note that the "Note" will still appear if you do not specify a "description". If you have entered a description and you still see "Note" and the description in brackets, then please let us know, along with the domain affected, at website@telnic.org.

Thanks,

Aled

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 9:25 am