The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Ads on Mobiles & New Control Panel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Ads on Mobiles & New Control Panel Empty Ads on Mobiles & New Control Panel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 1:20 pm

mikeseaton09-07-2010 03:13 PM

Ads on Mobiles & New Control Panel

I understand that Apple are not allowing AdSense Ads on the iPhone now that they have their own advertising platform called "iAds".

To enable the proxy to run ads on mobiles it would appear that 2 further sets of details need to be input into the control panel in addition to the current "AdSense for Content":

1. "AdSense For Mobile Content" - used if not iPhone.

2. "Apple iAds" - used if iPhone.

Telnic - is it possible to clarify if the above is being included in the New Control Panel ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

tony mayo09-07-2010 06:50 PM

It's critical that we are given the option to run Google Ads on the mobile proxy.
    The mobile web is going to be our biggest opportunity to monetize our .tels
    We need this upgrade soon.

Aled09-08-2010 01:38 PM

Mike - have Apple confirmed that they will not be running Adsense on the iPhone?

With regards to Adsense on mobiles, as previously mentioned, we are currently developing a new mobile proxy page for smartphones. This will be released shortly, although I do not have a firm date. Once this has been released we shall review the possibilities of including Adsense in the Smartphone proxy. This would not form part of the new control panel, but rather be a separate development if added to the roadmap.

mikeseaton09-08-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 10893)
    Mike - have Apple confirmed that they will not be running Adsense on the iPhone?

[size]
    Aled - Here's a video interview ( http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/07/oma...i-admob-video/) with Omar Hamoui - the founder of AdMob (Google's $750 Million mobile advertising purchase) - Omar will now be responsible for running Google's mobile advertising business following the purchase of his company.

The journalist conducting the interview, Erick Schonfeld, summarised the situation:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I asked him about Apple’s new policies as written in their licensing agreement for the iPhone 4.0 OS and its restrictions on sending phone data to third party providers. Hamoui is taking a wait and see approach, but told me it could be potnetially devastating to AdMob’s iPhone business. John Battelle asked him the same question on stage, “Are you concerned Steve will take his toys and go home?”

Hamoui response: “They haven’t enforced that yet. If enforced as written, it would be complicated or near-impossible to serve relevant advertising on the iPhone platform.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in summary it seems that Apple have written terms in its new licensing agreement that enable it to ban Google's mobile ads. They may choose not to do so immediately - but given the bad feelings that appear to exist between Apple and Google it would be unwise IMO not to implement Apple's iAds on the smartphone proxy when it is running on an iPhone.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Blunderer09-08-2010 05:44 PM

On the other hand, this could be looked at as an ideal opportunity for fixed annual cost advertising on .tel keyword sites. I'm not saying don't include iAds or Google ads but, with a .tel folder advertisers know what they are getting, at the outset. Who's in a position to explain this to the Ad agencies? I wonder?

We have the sites but they lack content and publicity, or maybe its publicity, generating content?

Roy

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 11:23 am