The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TELcpV2.0 - Launched 18th Feb

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TELcpV2.0 - Launched 18th Feb Empty TELcpV2.0 - Launched 18th Feb

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 1:53 pm

TELcp02-15-2011 06:32 PM

TELcpV2.0 - Launched 18th Feb

Hi to All,

Please note that the TELcpV2.0 is available online now, with the following features.

.tel page Managemet:

• Manage Page Title
    • Manage Page Header
    • Manage Contact Details
    • Manage Location on Map (auto submit position)
    • Manage Keyword Text
    • Manage Text Ads
    • Manage Image Ads (pending implementation by Telnic)
    • Manage Adsense Publishing
    • Manage Photo or Company Logo
    • Manage Folder Links
    • Manage Page Settings (tel domain template changing)

[size]

TELcp Domain Management:
    [/size]

• Manage User Access Levels(to Manage tel page Users)

1. Unrestricted - for commercial directories
      2. Corporate Level 1 - for corporate clients
      3. Corporate Level 2
      4. Corporate Level 3
      5. Personal Level 1 - sharing the .tel with family & friends - good for those who own surname .tels
      6. Personal Level 2 - sharing the .tel with family & friends

• Send Mail to All tel Page Users
    • Upgrade account (Domain to Domain basis)
    • Change Sub accounts (multiple domains/account/registrars)
    • change tel Owner Account (transfer to another tel Owner)

[size]

Additional features:
    [/size]

• Time Zones setup
    • Local Calander setup
    • User selectable template colours
    • Multiple languages (designed for multi languages - only English available at present)

[size]

tel Users, who will for the first time manage their tel pages independently, will have features according to Access Levels set up by tel Owner on domain to domain basis.

Your feedback is very much appreciated.

N.B. We will be introducing Hosted and Managed Customized Solutions for medium to large organizations who wish to have directories of their own.[/size]

TELcp02-19-2011 01:03 AM

Hi,

TELcpV2.0 ( Client name 'TELcp' for OpenAuth Access) is available online now.
    Require registration for both tel Owners and invited users (tel Users).
    Only tel Owners are eligible for registration.
    To become a tel User, one has to receive an invitation from the tel Owner.
    Then go through the verification process.

Names of the tel domains that are being managed are not exposed to other tel Owners or tel Users.( i.e. You will not be able to find out who is using the TELcp to share the tel.).

Share and enjoy.

- TELcp

TELcp02-22-2011 04:34 AM

Hi to All,

Just a little clarification on tel User registration.

tel Users can join TELcp only on invitation by a tel Owner. Once registered, a tel User can use the same account (same username / Password) to manage multiple tel pages irrespective of the tel domain Ownership (multiple accounts/multiple registrars etc).

There is a hidden feature which recognizes existing tel Users ( when they acknowledge any invitation after the first accepted/verified invitation) to by-pass the registration process and only to verify one more time. Verification each and every time could be a nuisance to somebody, but it is a precaution against tel page being getting into wrong hands. Especially if the tel page in question has a very high premium name value.

This method allows a registered tel User to have multiple tel pages through TELcp without any barrier. Very cool.

- TELcp

nadya02-22-2011 10:52 AM

Hi TelCP, 
    Seems like your tool is generating a lot of interest. Good work! A question for you: what kind of stats can the directory owner receive? Potentially, a report in the .tel owner panel and/or via email with essential statistics would be interesting, for example: 
    - Number of user pages created so far (for a big directory, you can lose track!)
    - Number pending and accepted invitations
    - Number of unverified user accounts (i.e, no second step complete, accounts needing action)
    - Amount of new and updated content across each directory in the owner account

I'm not a directory builder, so it'd be interesting in invite opinions of those using or hoping to use TelCP to build and manage directories.

TELcp02-22-2011 11:59 AM

@nadya

In the tel Owners Main Menu under 'Pages' you will find the following stats

• total pages (displays number) - page url / parent tel Domain / status / link to more info of the page
    • total users (displays number) - status / date created / date renewed / direct links for more info & send mail direct
    • total unverified users (displays number) - page url / date of expiry of verify link / parent domain / direct email link
    • total invited pages (displays number) - page url / status (whether invitation accepted or not) / parent domain / Date expiry of acceptance link
    • total number of suspended pages (displays number) - date suspended / parent domain / action to reinsert

[size]

Again in the tel Owner Main Menu under 'Users' you will find the following stats
    [/size]

• tel username - joined date / number of total pages held by user under this tel Owner (doesn't include pages from other tel Owners) / Info link

[size]

Then again in the tel Owner Main menu under 'Manage Domains' after selecting a domain you will see
    [/size]

• number of users of the domain / number of the pages managed by tel owner

[size]

You can get more info by clicking 'more info' icon.

note:
    We have avoided displaying all details on one page to reduce bandwidth costs/database query costs, just in case if someone decides to click that page multiple times unnecessarily.
    Well, if a directory owner is interested in customized solutions, we can then program to display accordingly on a separate hosted/managed solution.

- TELcp[/size]

TELcp03-07-2011 05:38 PM

tel Owner's Userguide updated

Hi to All,

The following info of tel Owner's userguide is updated now with screenshots.

telowner's userguide index 9 - 
    How to add folders
    How to delete a tel domain from TELcp
    How to manage and edit a root domain telpage

telowner's userguide index 11 - 
    How to Manage and Edit a telpage of a folder or sub folder
    How to delete a single tel folder, subfolder or many folders
    How to Convert a folder or sub folder to a tel User page

telowner's userguide index 12 - 
    How to send an invitation email to prospective tel Users
    How a tel User is created
    How to suspend a tel User
    How to regain access to the tel page after suspending a tel User

Cheers!

TELcp

tindaya03-10-2011 09:11 PM

It´s no so easy to me. I have de user and password, and I have put the OAuth and OK. But I have tried to create a subdomain, or to read de userguide, and I didn´t find it. My principal interest is to create multiples subdomains, is it posible with Telcp?

libros
    TDAH

TELcp03-11-2011 07:40 AM

Hello tindaya,

Re: tel Owner userguide

On almost ever page of TELcp, you will find an icon with "?" mark inside blue colour circle on the left hand top corner (under sub menu).
    Click it to get instructions for that particular page.
    We are in the process of updating and trying to make the guide simpler. So please bear with us.
    Other thing is, if you can use a domain for trial use, you may play around with functions at TELcp. NO harm will happen to the system or to your domain.
    No domain/subdomain will be deleted without your password for the second time (We have taken lot of precautions to protect your data). However, please take care when you update or delete contents of telpages. That is irriversible.

Re: To add a domain to the TELcp system, assuming that you have already created Sub Account Name and granted OAuth, follow instructions as follows:

1. Adding a domain for the first time:

• Click the "Manage Domains" in the main menu after logging into your tel Owner Acct. A default page to add domain will be displayed.
    • Select "Sub Account" and type the name of the domain (libros OR tidah in your case).
    • If the domain belongs to the Account for which you have granted OAuth, the telcp.com data base will be populated automatically with the domain name and its folders/subfolders.
      Else, the typed domain will be rejected by the TELcp system. You can type anything there and check it for yourself.

• Once the telcp.com database is populated with urls of domain and its folders, you can create upto a total of 100 folders/subfolders (100 means including the existing folders).
      Please read the newly updated telOwner's userguide index 9.
      telcp.com database will be populated ONLY with telpage names. (NO Contents of telpages will be stored at TELcp at any stage).

• After adding new folders (subdomains) you can add or edit their contents through TELcp.
    • You can also use our exclusive feature to invite others (we call them "tel Users") to manage their own telpages of your tel domain (without your assistance). i.e Family members or company staff can share one teldomain through TELcpV2.0

[size]
    2. If you have already added a domain to the system and want to ad another domain, you can do so by clicking "Add domain" link of the sub domain in the "Manage Domains" page.
    And follow instructions as above

3. A tel Owner can add any number of tel domains to the TELcp system. And Also can create any number of Sub Accounts. There is no limit for that.
    Limis apply only to the number of telpages for management as the FREE account will accept only first 100 subfolders, if your tel domain has more than 100 telpages.
    And max invited guests or tel Users is limited to 10 per FREE account.

If you have any further questions, you may contact support@telcp.com directly or post here at this forum. It's up to you.

For your information, many forum members use the system already without any assistance from us. Buy the way, the TELcp system is designed in such a way that it works independently and telcp.com administrators can not interfere in your accounts. i.e. can not help you to add domains or create folders etc through the system.

Regards[/size]

tindaya03-11-2011 09:38 PM

OK, the problem was with the internet explorer, I have changed to firefox and have worked. 
    Thanks.

TELcp03-12-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 13310)
    OK, the problem was with the internet explorer, I have changed to firefox and have worked. 
    Thanks.

[size]
    Glad to hear it worked for you.
    We would like to know which version of the IE did you use and what happened.

Thank you.[/size]

tindaya03-12-2011 12:12 PM

It´s an old version IE 6.0, and don´t see the pages.
    Yesterday I created 1 subdomain in a test domain, http://telcp.abonos.tel and I have put a Image adv, and the image adv was perfect very quick, but the new subdomain I can´t see in the domain abonos.tel
    So In the telcp is created the subdomain telcp.abonos.tel, I go to telhosting and I see the sobdomain telcp created, but not online. I have made something wrong, because I thought that if I save the subdomain, this will be online in the domain, but I think I must do something more that I don´t know what is.

TELcp03-12-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 13318)
    It´s an old version IE 6.0, and don´t see the pages..

[size]
    TELcp works perfect on IE version 8. So, its better to upgrade to the latest version of IE or you can use the latest versions of FireFox or G/Chrome.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 13318)
    I have made something wrong, because I thought that if I save the subdomain, this will be online in the domain, but I think I must do something more that I don´t know what is.

[size]
    You have NOT done anything wrong.
    TELcp (online system at www.telcp.com) is designed not to display the folder links by default.
    The reason is to avoid having too many folder links on one telpage.
    So, there is a sub-feature provided in the "Popup Menu" to create/delete folder links if required. 
    In the popup menu you will see a link marked "Manage Folder Links".
    Please click this link to go to the page where you can create/delete folder links. These pages are foolproof, you can only create if the folder exists. Do little experiment here and there to see the outcome. 

When you create folder link you will get the "Go to" link. We will update this feature over the weekend to add a Long Label there (description instead of standard "Go to").

Hope this info helps.
    If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to post here or contact support@telcp.com directly.

Regards.[/size]

TELcp03-12-2011 03:37 PM

Re: Adding / Deleting Folder links.

Just want to make it clear.
    Assume that you have a very good industry related (or sales related) "PremiumName.tel" and you want to create a commercial directory by renting out 3000 primary name 2nd level subdomains.
    So, the directory will look like:

• "PremiumIndustry1.PremiumName.tel

• "PremiumIndustry2.PremiumName.tel

[size]
    upto ....
    [/size]

• "PremiumIndustry100.PremiumName.tel.

[size]
    This will end up having 100 subdomain links on PremiumName.tel's page and will take a long time to load on a mobile phone. And does NOT look very nice.
    To avoid this situation when you create a subdomain (folder), TELcp by default does not allow to display the folder link. Instead, a sub feature is provided to insert/delete folder links by tel Owner if required.
    If you are a commercial directory tel Owner you can charge little bit more if your tel Users insist that a link is required on the root domain's page. Supposing you want to set a limit to the number of folder links from the root domain (say maximum 50 links), then make it first come first served basis.

Hope this helps.

Cheers![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-12-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 13321)
    Re: Adding / Deleting Folder links.

Just want to make it clear.

• "PremiumIndustry3000.PremiumName.tel.

[size]
    This will end up having 3000 subdomain links on PremiumName.tel's page and will take a

[/size]

[size]
    I think not. The maximum number of records per subdomain is 100. You'd need to break down into 30 subfolders to be able to support 3000 subdomains.
    Mark[/size]

TELcp03-12-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 13327)
    I think not. The maximum number of records per subdomain is 100. You'd need to break down into 30 subfolders to be able to support 3000 subdomains.
    Mark

[size]
    Yes, You are correct. Max records per subdomain is 100.
    The above statement is corrected to read 100 instead of 3000.

Regards
    TELcp[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 6:37 pm