The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Callto: links from Chrome without slashes are parsed incorrectly....

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Callto: links from Chrome without slashes are parsed incorrectly.... Empty Callto: links from Chrome without slashes are parsed incorrectly....

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:39 pm

mikeseaton06-19-2011 07:21 PM

Callto: links from Chrome without slashes are parsed incorrectly....

....according to this article http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=601801

Is this an issue for .tel, given that the format used on .tel templates is "callto:+1234567890" rather than "callto://+1234567890" ?

Mike Seaton

tel4rent06-20-2011 07:38 AM

Mike,

I am happy you brought this issue because i am facing something similar with Firefox. If i click on number to dial from any .tel site, skype keeps on opening new tabs and never stop.

I am using firefox 4.0.1 and skype 5.3.0.116

Anyone facing the same issue. Any solutions?

Be well.

supercyberheroes06-20-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 15534)
    Mike,

I am happy you brought this issue because i am facing something similar with Firefox. If i click on number to dial from any .tel site, skype keeps on opening new tabs and never stop.

I am using firefox 4.0.1 and skype 5.3.0.116

Anyone facing the same issue. Any solutions?

Be well.

[size]
    I got the same problem and I believe its an issue that telnic can sort out, on the roadmap freecall is coming so , I am waiting to see if that help on this matter.

http://3dstore.tel 
    http://alejandragarzon.tel[/size]

Aled06-20-2011 11:24 AM

Mike - thanks for raising this, but as described in the responses on the link you gave, it also seems to be an issue in Chrome even with the // used. Unfortunately this has been a longstanding issue with initiating calls from Chrome that is still not resolved by them.

tel4rent and supercyberheroes - this wasn't an issue that I'd seen before, but we have now been able to replicate using the software versions that you describe. It seems to be an issue introduced by the most recent Skype upgrade as version 5.1.0.112 does not show the same behaviour and is working fine. We're currently digging further to see if it's a Skype issue and if so, if they are aware of it.

Thanks,
    Aled

supercyberheroes06-20-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 15542)
    Mike - thanks for raising this, but as described in the responses on the link you gave, it also seems to be an issue in Chrome even with the // used. Unfortunately this has been a longstanding issue with initiating calls from Chrome that is still not resolved by them.

tel4rent and supercyberheroes - this wasn't an issue that I'd seen before, but we have now been able to replicate using the software versions that you describe. It seems to be an issue introduced by the most recent Skype upgrade as version 5.1.0.112 does not show the same behaviour and is working fine. We're currently digging further to see if it's a Skype issue and if so, if they are aware of it.

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    Thanks Aled . Now in the pass I tried to send long new thread but it never was display, now I just finish to write a new thread and it can not be display it show the same thing last time it says:

Yours submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previus page was loaded
    Please push the back button and reload the previus window. 

I have done so but it did not work or how do I reload it do I have done some thing wrong
    This time I would like to to lose this new thread can you check for me inside your system and let me know please.
    Cheers
    Thanks[/size]

Aled06-20-2011 01:22 PM

Hi,

So you tried to post a long response and then got that message, suggesting you time out? If so, I'm afraid the system doesn't keep the message. I'd suggest initially writing the response if it's going to be a very long one outside of the system e.g. in Notepad or Word and then copying and pasting it in, so you know you have a copy saved at least.

tel4rent06-20-2011 02:04 PM

Hi Aled,

Thanks for the quick response. Please let us know once the issue with the new Skype version is revolved.

Be well.

Aled06-23-2011 11:28 AM

tel4rent, as an update, I've had a response from Skype that:
    "This problem is known by our development team and will be resolved in a future release of Skype."

Will let you know if they provide any further details and once we have seen a version which resolves this.

Aled08-31-2011 03:40 PM

tel4rent,supercyberheroes

Skype have released an update which seems to resolve this issue - can you confirm if you can also now initiate calls through Firefox with Skype? The Skype version I have that seems to resolve the issue is 5.5.0.114

tel4rent08-31-2011 04:15 PM

Hi Aled,

I am using Skype version 5.5.0.113 and it is working fine. No issue.

thanks,

supercyberheroes08-31-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17165)
    tel4rent,supercyberheroes

Skype have released an update which seems to resolve this issue - can you confirm if you can also now initiate calls through Firefox with Skype? The Skype version I have that seems to resolve the issue is 5.5.0.114

[size]
    Thanks Aled I have not try yet but I trust it will be work fine

Regards
    http://3dstore.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 3:24 pm