The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Directory Structure to allow for indexing

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Directory Structure to allow for indexing Empty Directory Structure to allow for indexing

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:01 am

Simon G04-08-2011 11:57 PM

Directory Structure to allow for indexing

What is the best way to structure a .tel directory? I want to maximise both user experience and seo the directory. I believe what I have been thinking may be called a non hierarchical file system

My plan was to use a keyword domain and structure everything of the first keyword which we can call (A.tel) so every thing else would be
    1.A.tel
    2.A.tel
    3.A.tel
    up to for example 101.A.tel etc

To ensure there were not to many links on the first page I had planned to provide them like below.
    oddnumbersbelow10.tel which in turn would link 1.A.tel,3.A.tel etc
    evennumbersbetween91_101.A.tel
    This I felt would allow users a easy to browse experience plus the advantage of shorter subdomain strings and the advantage of seo for say someone searching for "3,A" and increased usability in the form of as little clicks as possible to get to the information while also having short compact menus which were mobile friendly (no scrolling down through an endless list)

This has led me to have a few questions
    Do .tel subdomains require a direct link (rather than a indirect link) from the root domain. To be easily picked up from search engines/telpages. 
    Do .tel subdomains with no link get picked up.(no privacy settings activated)
    Do .tel subdomains (1.A.tel/3.A.tel/5.A.tel) with a indirect link ie (oddnumbersbelow10.tel)
    get picked up by either telpages or search engines.

I had been under the impression that everything (whether it had a direct link from root or an indirect link) would get indexed but get the feeling I may be wrong.

I hope this makes sense?

dialaroom04-09-2011 10:23 AM

Simon - am trying this on a UK taxi directory - taxinumbers.tel all towns are top level with no direct links at top level, just search box and a-z link, looks great on phone and gets the desired seo effect of short strings e.g. york.taxinumbers.tel. The a-z is needed or the search won't find the top level folders. Only problem you have is the CTH with over a thousand folders takes an age to render.

Simon G04-11-2011 12:35 PM

Thanks Steve appreciated.
    Will have to do that then add an a-z on the root domain then.

Aled04-11-2011 12:43 PM

Simon,

Let me look into this first. As I understand your structure, there will be a link from A root domain, just not the root of the subdomain. Is that right? I think this will still be ok, but I want to make sure before I confirm.

Simon G04-11-2011 03:19 PM

Hi Aled, Thats correct there are indirect links from the root (edinburgh.teI) just not direct links.
    for example
    http://days_out.edinburgh.teI links to http://castle.edinburgh.teI
    but it does not cascade down:http://castle.days_out.edinburgh.teI

Presume this gives it more seo value: that the search query is shown in the subdomain/domain combo?

Aled04-12-2011 04:41 PM

Simon,

I've now had it confirmed that your indirect links will be indexed by Telpages but only if both of the following conditions apply:
    - The indirect links have a path back to a root .tel (in your example above this means that there would be a link to "days_out" on edinburgh.tel)
    - The "indirect" link that you create is a "Go To" link rather than a "Website" link - this is required so that Telpages can identify it as a link to a .tel

Please let me know if the above isn't clear, or if you have an example you'd like me to verify.

Simon G04-12-2011 08:24 PM

Thank you Aled that makes it clear. Will email if need further info.

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 3:45 am