The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
TelBlogger
Toady Bucks
maxi
7 posters

TEL joins the sh*t extensions company?

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TEL joins the sh*t extensions company? Empty TEL joins the sh*t extensions company?

Post by maxi 2016-12-16, 8:30 am

Mоst оf dоmаin еxtеnsiоns whiсh dо nоt bеlоng tо COM, in slаng оf dоmаinеrs аnd wеbmаstеrs fоr simpliсitу аrе саllеd "sh*t еxtеnsiоns".

Exаmplеs оf suсh "sh*t еxtеnsiоns" аrе оld еxtеnsiоns likе WS, CC, PW, PRO, INFO, US, TV, PRO, еtс. All nеw dоmаin еxtеnsiоns аlsо bеlоng tо this саtеgоrу.

Thе distinсt соmmоn fеаturе whiсh mаkеs а sh*t еxtеnsiоn is thаt fоr dоmаinеrs it is vеrу diffiсult (оr in mоst саsеs impоssiblе) tо find sоmеbоbу whо will buу thеsе thеir dоmаins with niсе-lооking frоnt pаrt bеfоrе соmа аnd sh*t еxtеnsiоn аs its еnding.

Fоr wеbmаstеrs it is еxtrеmlу diffiсult tо prоmоtе sitе with a dоmаin аt sh*t еxtеnsiоn bесаusе sеаrсh еnginеs dоеs nоt likе thеm: if уоu wаnt tо sее this with уоur оwn еуеs plеаsе еntеr аnу wоrd оr twо wоrds соmbinаtiоn intо sеаrсh windоw оf Gооglе аnd simplу соunt hоw mаnу sitеs with COM аnd with оthеr dоmаin еxtеnsiоns (еndings) Gооglе will shоw уоu on its fеw first pаgеs.

Fоr еnd-usеrs (businеss оwnеrs) thе truth аbоut sh*t еxtеnsiоns usuаllу соmеs аftеr уеаrs during whiсh thеу аt rеst learn thаt trаffiс tо thеir wеb sitе is vеrу lоw аnd аlmоst nоbоdу find thеm viа sеаrсh еnginеs nоtwithstаnding thеir еffоts оf prоmоting thеir sitе.

Bеfоrе rесеnt "аmendmеnts" TEL hаd his distinсt fасе аnd wаs а kind оf "dаrk hоrsе", whiсh did nоt bеlоngs tо sh*t еxtеnsiоns аnd hаd сhаnсеs оnе dау tо bесоmе а dеsirаblе thing tо соmmоn publiс. Nоw, аftеr thеsе "аmеndmеnts", TEL will surеlу jоin tо thаt "sh*t еxtеnsiоns" соmpаnу.

In mу оpiniоn, if Tеlniс wоuld likе TEL tо rеmаin its niсе fеаturеs аnd still hаvе сhаnсеs tо suссеss, Tеlniс wоuld bеttеr lеаvе thоsе 3000 subdоmаins frее оf сhаrgе аs it wаs bеfоrе, аdd subdоmаin funсtiоn tо Tеlnаmеs fоrmаt - and will сhаrgе аdditiоnаl pауmеnt frоm thоsе TELs whоsе оwnеrs will wаnt tо usе it as a rеgulаr (nоrmаl) wеbsitе or redirect it to a normal website.

In this wау it will bе nоt viеwеd аs one of "sh*t еxtеnsiоns" nоr bу сustоmеrs, nоr wеbmаstеrs, nо dоmаinеrs, nоr (whаt is оf а сruсiаl impоrtаnсе) bу sеаrсh еnginеs.
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Slogan : Find Info Fast

TEL joins the sh*t extensions company? Empty Re: TEL joins the sh*t extensions company?

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-16, 8:30 pm

You said what I have been thinking. The new extensions are ridiculous by shear sameness and volume of them. I bought .tel for a reason. I want my MTV and I want my DNS served domain extension. I do not want a Telnames with multiple pages either. I want my Telhosting site the original one. I never minded that I couldn't host my own .tel, I've got some good .coms etc. Is Telnic the only one who knows how to serve content from DNS? Happy for those who do want to host their own site though. Never thought it would come to this.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

TEL joins the sh*t extensions company? Empty Re: TEL joins the sh*t extensions company?

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-17, 3:41 am

Country extensions are not sh*t extensions.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-17, 8:44 pm

Using TEL instead of COM for creating conventional site I see like this. Using clocks as a hammer we will not have a good clock and not have a good hammer.

TEL joins the sh*t extensions company? Monkey-genius-and-clocks-450pxl
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-18, 4:31 pm

Ha Ha Ha, love that monkey business.

Telnic has an opportunity now to satisfy everyone!

Keep Telhosting for directories and those who understand its value for them.

We don't lose Marks Telmasters and everyone keeps their content.
    Mark doesn't lose his Telmasters and he keeps all his content.

Keep the SOAP and API access, (I have unique programming that I will lose because of this and we can kiss a friendly developer environment goodby).

Let those that want to build conventional websites do that if they want. But don't let this take away anything in place already.

Re invite 3rd party providers for DNS based and non DNS based solutions.

Have Telnames for easy to edit one pagers.(Did anyone notice Telnic tried to say they were a recent development in the announcement?)
    Have an actual new choice.

Have some marketing happen now, some as in ANY what ever it would be, even the mere suggestion of it is a start.

Have someone at Telnic read the story of Seabiscuit (sorry permission to link next week), and take it to heart. Then finally knowing .tel has more potential than any other domain, heal their broken leg, jump up in the saddle, get back in the gate and join the race again.    

I do not understand why we cannot have all of this? Is there a reason .tel cannot win? Can another extension utilize their DNS?

I may be clueless and optimistic, but how else will I know if I don't ask.

Post by 4444 2016-12-19, 7:47 am

Toady Bucks wrote:Have Telnames for easy to edit one pagers.(Did anyone notice Telnic tried to say they were a recent development in the announcement?)
    Have an actual new choice.

No other development than this will happen:

1. Allowing web hosting with .tel
    2. Exchanging the sub domain template with the previous Telnames template

As known from the past, Telnic won't act in the future soon again after such changes.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2016-12-19, 10:28 am

4444 wrote:No other development than this will happen:

1. Allowing web hosting with .tel
    2. Exchanging the sub domain template with the previous Telnames template

@4444 - I agree - that is the fixed future environment for .TEL from March 2017 and that's all we in this forum can base our individual decisions on to continue or quit the .TEL extension.

It reminds me somewhat of the remain / leave debate we had here in the UK regarding Brexit from the EU !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-19, 2:27 pm

Well then I best not be in denial or hopeful any longer and face the fact that .tel is going to absolutely join the sh*t extensions company.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2016-12-20, 4:46 am

No doubt, starting in March 2017 .tel will be a normal TLD like any other.
    There won't be the slightest difference.
    I doubt that .tel will have a chance against the new TLDs, because they are just too many.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2016-12-20, 5:20 am

Build a high quality website on any extension and it will rank perhaps not as well as a .com but then you can't buy buy single keyword .coms. .tel is a short extension name which has meaning ie short for telecomunications. It is also a gTLD.

I see the changes in March 17 more as a long overdue liberation than an error by F**knic.

They have possibly cost themselves a million registrations by not doing it earlier (if they were allowed).
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2016-12-20, 5:35 am

If Telnic would have allowed web hosting a few years earlier, it would be a complete different situation.
    But now, we have 1,000 new TLDs.
    Now, it's too late for this step.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-20, 9:15 am

TelBlogger wrote:Country extensions are not sh*t extensions.
    Country extentions are good if your target audience are that country's people and if you for your website will use language of that country.

But if you target audience are English speaking people from all over the World, and you will find nice English keyword at a national extension, and use it for your site, then even three-words or four-words in COM will be a better choice of it.

It would be even bigger mistake to use one national extension for audience of another nation: for example, to use FR extension for Polish speaking people, or RU for German people, or LV for Nigerian people and etc..

Some contry extentions, even if you will use it for thats country audience, have also one big minus: country authorities could take it from you one nice day.
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-20, 2:45 pm

Yes, sadly the freedom to have a conventional website now wont have as much impact for .tel or even those that own them. Extensions are now a commodity. But those that have been trying to get Telnic to do this since the beginning seem happy enough its happening now though.

I'm certain even the all mighty .com is loosing ground now and will continue because domain names are a drug on the market. And as far as Google goes the new ones are just too new yet. I've had and still have (as I'm sure some of you have) .tels that out rank .coms 

A lot of companies in Canada prefer to use their .ca as their main site and just forward their .com to it, not sure if this is happening in other countries.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2016-12-20, 3:30 pm

Toady Bucks wrote:A lot of companies in Canada prefer to use their .ca as their main site and just forward their .com to it, not sure if this is happening in other countries.

In countries outside of America, companies are using only country code TLD like .uk, .jp, .de and .nl.

.com doesn't have any meaning and is no option for businesses there.

If you are located in London, usually you will register only .uk domains, because that is what people are used to.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2016-12-20, 3:59 pm

Toady Bucks wrote:A lot of companies in Canada prefer to use their .ca as their main site and just forward their .com to it, not sure if this is happening in other countries.
    In Lithuania people know that in internet exist two extensions: local LT and international COM.

Few years ago I got Lithuanian equivalent of "Medicine Man" word in LT and in COM. And I made a website on COM-domain about herbs, with redirecting my second LT-domain to it.

One year later I decided to drop LT-domain and to leave only COM, because it came to my mind that it will be safer for me to have only COM-website and I will have lesser risks that some lithuanian biurocrats one day will be interested, does that my website is completely in accordance with their rules and views or not.
    Toady Bucks
    Toady Bucks

Post by Toady Bucks 2016-12-21, 3:02 pm

Yeesh, it must be awful to worry about your government that much. They would actually take a domain away from you? Here in Canada we only worry about Google. Duplicate content, no linking that's paid for on your site cause only Google is allowed to do that and a bunch of silly animal updates to the algorithm that are supposed to rule us. And actually are sadly effective at doing so! Another reason people who build websites liked the DNS was it made you Google proof in some ways.

Here in North America we have been taught to buy your domain in several extensions along with country code and god forbid you should not get the almighty .com if it is available. Soon this will be a thing of the past. Even undeveloped .com's, in 8 ys will be in a state of ify sell ability just like .tel now. 

Going to be a fun times for the internet more than ever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 4:03 am