The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
Telnamer
maxi
Rambo
DonaldDuck
8 posters

What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic?

DonaldDuck
    DonaldDuck

Warning level : 100 %

What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic? Empty What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic?

Post by DonaldDuck 2012-09-18, 5:09 pm

I know background pictures have been requested also for Telnic's customers many times before.
    Of course Telnic's customers want the same like Telnames' customers.
    But since Telnic hasn't realized it yet, perhaps there is a possibility to program it easily:
    1.) Allowing background pictures only for templates which are not so difficult to be adjusted by Telnic
    2.) Allowing background pictures only for the template which is the easiest one to be adjusted by Telnic, perhaps the very first template from 2009
    3.) Copying an existing template into a new one and add just the possibility to insert background pictures.
    4.) Creating a new template which offers an even simpler design than the other existing templates, but with the possibility to insert background pictures
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic? Empty Re: What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic?

Post by Rambo 2012-09-18, 5:38 pm

It can't be difficult at all, because Telchina did it right from the start years ago: http://lucywang.tel
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic? Empty Re: What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic?

Post by maxi 2012-09-18, 11:33 pm

By my opinion, for us the easiest and the cheapest way to get background pictures at Telnic is:

1. Drop all your TELs of secondary value and all your TELs which are not used for your business or hobby, and whose which you are not willing to develop.

2. When calmly wait until total number of registered TEL will fall till 50 000 - 100 000.

3. Then it will happen, Telnic will change their policy and will begin to develop TELs. Then we will surely get background pictures.
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-09-19, 7:11 am

maxi wrote:By my opinion, for us the easiest and the cheapest way to get background pictures at Telnic is:

1. Drop all your TELs of secondary value and all your TELs which are not used for your business or hobby, and whose which you are not willing to develop.

2. When calmly wait until total number of registered TEL will fall till 50 000 - 100 000.

3. Then it will happen, Telnic will change their policy and will begin to develop TELs. Then we will surely get background pictures.
    I don't mind if registrations for Telnic will continue to decline.
    What counts much more is we see an increasing number of developed domains. And this is the case with Telnames.
    The hundreds of thousands of domains at Telnic are worthless, because they are not used. But can you show me an empty domain at Telnames?
    No, because ALL of them gets developed. That is a great accomplishment. I don't know any other registrar in the world for any domain extension with such a good performance.
    If you don't believe me, please type a random keyword for a .com domain. In 9 from 10 cases you will find only a parked or unused domain.

Telnic has changed their policy dramatically already by creating Telnames this year. So everything runs well.
    And we have already background pictures. So where is the problem?
    If you want to use the background picture for your domains from Telnic, just follow my advice: http://www.teltalk.org/t478-advice-for-tel-buyers-with-several-keywords
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-19, 7:57 am

Realize that telnic is not the registrar to ask? ask who you bought it from to push on your and their customers behalf? then if they won't provide it move to a registrar that will?

Please don't push to raise my prices on all the .tels I just redirect because you're unwilling to move to telnames to pay for their background offering.

Push to separate your registrar from my register with their own proxy, so I can have a pricing bracket I expect, not to raise prices for everyone by forcing telnic to price everyone out of holding more than 2 dot tel domains.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-19, 8:36 am

fustachio.tel wrote:Realize that telnic is not the registrar to ask? ask who you bought it from to push on your and their customers behalf? then if they won't provide it move to a registrar that will?

Please don't push to raise my prices on all the .tels I just redirect because you're unwilling to move to telnames to pay for their background offering.

Push to separate your registrar from my register with their own proxy, so I can have a pricing bracket I expect, not to raise prices for everyone by forcing telnic to price everyone out of holding more than 2 dot tel domains.
    Sorry, as a non-native English speaker, I do not understood your post. Would you be so kind to make it more clearer for those who do not speak English fluently?
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-19, 9:42 am

fustachio.tel wrote:Realize that telnic is not the registrar to ask? ask who you bought it from to push on your and their customers behalf? then if they won't provide it move to a registrar that will?

Very well put Fustachio !

I don't think that most people understand that Telnic is not the place to push since the Telnames offering set the precedent for ".tel chaos" !

1. There was "one .tel"

2. There was "one .tel package" for registrars

3. Telnic "couldn't or wouldn't" support the "package" changes because it was/is screwed up beyond the point of no return.

4. Telnames was launched to "remedy" the situation and "start over" because the original "3 blind mice" couldn't see where to go since 2008.

5. Telnames tells everyone that was/is using the old package - "No one ever said that Registrars had to use the .tel package, you could have done anything like we are."

6. OUCH !!! (The "3 blind mice" have started a war since they needed an out.)

7. This means that Registrars will be the ones to talk to for major changes from now on.

8. If the "old .tel package" is updated by Telnic, it will likely be very slow and very low cost.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-19, 5:05 pm

Telnic (registrar) subdomain-style .tels are dead from a resale/promotion point of view - though still usable as pure link juice generators as illustrated by http://BoatFinder.tel

Telnames .tels - detailed at http://www.Telnames.com and illustrated at http://YourBusiness.tel and http://Ben.tel are the ONLY way forward for .tel - period !

So get used to it, adjust to it, promote it (via Telnames Affiliate program) and just realise Telnic got it wrong for the first 3.5 years and have now finally got it right via their Telnames subsidiary !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-19, 6:03 pm

mikeseaton wrote:So get used to it, adjust to it, promote it (via Telnames Affiliate program) and just realise Telnic got it wrong for the first 3.5 years and have now finally got it right via their Telnames subsidiary !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Telnames is for Businesses and Individuals to promote Individuality.

TelPages is what is necessary to lookup and promote Telnames.

Standard .TEL templates and the subdomains/folders are still extremely valuable for (sub)directories of Telnames.

LondonRestaurants.tel can be valuable, but not until it is full of their Telnames.

So, we have all 3 having value, they just got their priorities wrong.

Telnames, TelPages, .TEL Standard

If they got anything wrong, it was introducing the new templates as something of value, what a disaster !

Look at the .TEL of the Week. Nice Pictures, Horrible Template Structure. www.covarrubias.tel

Looks like a Website that Picasso might have designed, and that's not a compliment !

www.kerrmunications.tel is better, but not better than a Telname.

Standard .TEL templates (phase2) like www.ys.tel are valuable as (sub)directories, will be great when they can be Telnames instead of Websites (if ever).

Last edited by telrific on 2012-09-19, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-19, 6:09 pm

From telnic's forum: [QUOTE=Blunderer;25614]Today:- Mass Hysteria. :mad:[/QUOTE]
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-19, 6:10 pm

From telnic's forum:
    Today:- Mass Hysteria. :mad:
    Or, may be, too much beer?
    TelWorld
    TelWorld

Post by TelWorld 2012-09-19, 9:39 pm

I'm not sure what Blunderer wants to express, but perhaps he is disappointed about it has become quiet at Telnic.org. Since Telnic has a new baby with Telnames, they don't support the old website anymore. Last update there was from June 2011.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-20, 3:25 am

TelWorld wrote:I'm not sure what Blunderer wants to express, but perhaps he is disappointed about it has become quiet at Telnic.org.
    I think now: if not the clones who play himns for Telnames then may be here it would be quiet also. :D)
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-20, 5:31 am

maxi wrote:I think now: if not the clones who play himns for Telnames then may be here it would be quiet also. :D)

This is TelTalk forum.

You have 2 choices, cheer for .tel standard or cheer for Telnames.

Clear choice that some people just don't like !

I vote for both, as they both have their place:

1. Individual or Business (Telnames is the clear "mass" choice)

2. (sub)Directories (Standard .tel is the only choice, and should stay that way)

If Telnames starts offering subdomains, drop them like a "hot potato" too !

Mass hysteria, no, mass support for something .tel, and good to see it.

No style of .tel can be successful without mass support !

Directory operators are proving NOTHING with the old style.

MASS value comes when they include .TEL registrants, not "stuffing".
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-09-20, 7:05 am

Telnic was not able to provide a suitable design for the common .tels until today.
    Surprisingly with Telnames they have created a product which really comply customer needs:

1. Providing mobile and desktop website in one step only
    2. Amazing design for both versions
    3. Domain name already included
    4. Focusing on fundamental needs of SMBs as website owner
    5. Enabling fast communication channels for website visitors
    6. Providing the easiest way to create a homepage (The control panel to customize the website is the best I have ever seen.)
    7. Only one login for administration of website and domain name
    8. Allowing individual style by uploading wallpapers and PDF files
    9. Participation in the fastest growing industry worldwide (the mobile web)
    10. Competitive low price

Do you know any other service provider delivering nearly the same?
    I expect after the past disappointments of the last 3 years, for many it will be hard to believe in .tel once again.
    But looking at the new product I say finally we have something what can be sold to end users.
    Telnic have never delivered a finished product, but Telnames is doing great!
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-20, 7:46 am

Telnamer wrote: Do you know any other service provider delivering nearly the same?

Maybe you missed this post, maybe not, but here it is:

telrific wrote:What is the easiest way to get background pictures at Telnic? Why-dot-tel-250

How does Yellow Pages, Yelp, and Facebook compare ?

-All-inclusive, no hosting fees

-No programmer required

-Ideal for any business or individual

-Local consumer awareness, without the need to spend additional advertising money that a .tel needs

-Excellent search results that are comparable or better than .tel results in major search engines

-Does not eliminate Yellow Pages, a major source of extremely valuable customer traffic

-You control your content here as well

-Best overall value at Free, Free, Free in 3 places instead of 1 like .tel

-Central content & connections

Hmmm. It seems that .tel is going to have to do better than that to get millions of registrations, that's for sure !

I don't think advertising a worse value is going to get it done !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 12:51 am