The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
fustachio.tel
Telminator
6 posters

Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter Empty Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter

Post by Telminator 2012-11-08, 11:51 pm

Telnames have put a thumb in their logo and posted this:
    Why the thumb in our logo? You'll just have to wait until next week to find out! It's thumb-thing special!
    http://twitter.com/tel_names/status/266508974164164609
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
    Warning level : 100 %

Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter Empty Re: Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-09, 7:29 am

I can see the main logo but not the tweet as I'm blocked by them, (though seems I'd blocked them as well, fair is fair especially when I was angry on twitter about it all in the past, an uber distraction for them) still I'm surprised I'm still allowed to have a telnames tel as I'm pretty sure they can kick me out per their tos.

Undesirable customers "Be gone" *waves magic wand* heh

I unblocked them now but I guess it's that site that allows twitter users to add logos over their avatar pic to represent support of a brand or a cause, I guess the reason telnames will do it is to win something? a dot tel?

Actually that could be a per month thing as in everyone who adds a mini telnames logo to their avatar pic gets entered into the telnames monthly raffle, those that win must keep the logo to keep access to their won dot tel and those that don't win must keep it active to be entered every month.

At 12 dot tels to win max, I think telnames can afford it per year as an on going promotion.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter Empty Re: Telnames is planning a promotion on Twitter

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-09, 8:19 am

Telminator wrote:Telnames have put a thumb in their logo and posted this:
    Why the thumb in our logo? You'll just have to wait until next week to find out! It's thumb-thing special!
    When will Telnames start thinking BIG ?

A couple of examples:

1. Instead of fiddling around with their own UK-based Affiliate Program (and not responding to publisher applications - well at least mine and TelTalk's), use the 100,000+ publishers already at http://www.CJ.com and http://www.TradeDoubler.com to generate worldwide recognition and .tel sales NOW !

2. Do a deal with major Telcos (Vodafone, O2, etc) to sell them say 1,000,000 .tels at 50p a throw (for the first year) that they include with every new mobile phone contract.

For .tel to reach "critical mass" and get recognition by "Joe Public" Telnames really do need to think much bigger than a Twitter promotion !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-11-09, 1:15 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
    Telminator wrote:Telnames have put a thumb in their logo and posted this:
    When will Telnames start thinking BIG ?

A couple of examples:

1. Instead of fiddling around with their own UK-based Affiliate Program (and not responding to publisher applications - well at least mine and TelTalk's), use the 100,000+ publishers already at http://www.CJ.com and http://www.TradeDoubler.com to generate worldwide recognition and .tel sales NOW !

2. Do a deal with major Telcos (Vodafone, O2, etc) to sell them say 1,000,000 .tels at 50p a throw (for the first year) that they include with every new mobile phone contract.

For .tel to reach "critical mass" and get recognition by "Joe Public" Telnames really do need to think much bigger than a Twitter promotion !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    That is the whole point and the reason why customers are not satisfied with Telnic.
    Most domain registrants haven't registered a .tel because they like what .tel has to offer so much.
    Instead most people bought a .tel because of what .tel could accomplish in the future.
    The problem is Telnic's priority is to keep the budget as small as possible while the existing customers desire a broad market for .tel.
    The expectations are contrary and Telnic currently don't support the demands of their customers regarding this matter.
    Telnic need to increase the work for development AND marketing.
    But probably they are afraid that wouldn't guarantee bigger sales for .tel.
    Ironically Telnic would earn a lot of money to cover all marketing costs if they start a big campaign for .tel.
    However if Telnic don't dare to start far-reaching marketing, it has two consequences:
    1. We'll never know if .tel could be successful.
    2. It gives the impression Telnic don't believe their product is strong enough to be accepted by the market (and consequently cover higher marketing costs).
    In case Telnic is right with point number 2, then .tel is lost already.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-11-09, 1:34 pm

Telminator wrote:That is the whole point and the reason why customers are not satisfied with Telnic.
    Most domain registrants haven't registered a .tel because they like what .tel has to offer so much.
    Instead most people bought a .tel because of what .tel could accomplish in the future.
    The problem is Telnic's priority is to keep the budget as small as possible while the existing customers desire a broad market for .tel.
    The expectations are contrary and Telnic currently don't support the demands of their customers regarding this matter.
    There are 2 reasons why customers are not satisfied: The product doesn't get developed + the product doesn't get promoted appropriate!
    Telminator wrote:2. It gives the impression Telnic don't believe their product is strong enough to be accepted by the market (and consequently cover higher marketing costs).
    Or Telnic still believes the success can be realized with very little work, although Telnic should have learned otherwise since March 2009.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2012-11-09, 11:00 pm

Asking Telnic to think big is like asking a fish to ride a bicycle.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-11-10, 8:07 am

Telminator wrote:The problem is Telnic's priority is to keep the budget as small as possible while the existing customers desire a broad market for .tel.

Telnic need to increase the work for development AND marketing.
    But probably they are afraid that wouldn't guarantee bigger sales for .tel.
    As for marketing, every person who visit TEL-site now is "marketed" simply by seeing this TEL.

Just now I counted how many visitors come to 27 of my TELs which have Google Analytics counter. In this month the total amount of visitors was 1969. Would it be a good template there, all these 1969 people would be the target of positive marketing. And this would costed Telnic nothing.

But when they see the current ugly design of TELs, their possible desire to buy TEL for themselves dissapeares.

I do not think that developing a good template, which will look professionaly, requires a big budget. It reqiures only a desire of Telnic's managenemt to do it. But they do not want to wish that, and do not want to do it.

Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2012-11-10, 10:12 am

maxi wrote:As for marketing, every person who visit TEL-site now is "marketed" simply by seeing this TEL.

Just now I counted how many visitors come to 27 of my TELs which have Google Analytics counter. In this month the total amount of visitors was 1969. Would it be a good template there, all these 1969 people would be the target of positive marketing. And this would costed Telnic nothing.

But when they see the current ugly design of TELs, their possible desire to buy TEL for themselves dissapeares.

I do not think that developing a good template, which will look professionaly, requires a big budget. It reqiures only a desire of Telnic's managenemt to do it. But they do not want to wish that, and do not want to do it.
    So true! A great product would market itself! But does anybody think the .tels from Telnic look attractive?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 7:50 am