The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

Yellow Search Verification Service

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Yellow Search Verification Service Empty Yellow Search Verification Service

Post by Alex 2012-05-30, 9:52 am

The verification is desireable in the same way that Google or Bing verifies listing claims.
    The Yellow Search Verification however, uses basically a 4-point verification system
    to provide users greater protection from problems that are associated with listing operators.

Yellow Search ® Verification Service Manually Verifies Operator Information As Follows:

A. .TEL Domain Name Registrant Request For Verification
    B. Operator Mailing Address Verification
    C. Operator Telephone Number Verification
    D. Operator Email Address Verification

Codes are provided and a code entry response validation like Google or Bing is used.

Actual Telephone Calls, Email, and Postal costs are incurred and is the reason for the Primary .TEL charge.

Annual verification is necessary to validate accurate information for .TEL patrons.

As for the secondary domains, a one-time charge is incurred to setup the hosted page(s).

Example:

Digital Freedom has been verified as the primary operator - http://digitalfreedom.tel

http://cincico.tel and others are .TEL domains that are still operated by Digital Freedom, so they are considered secondary verifications.

If you look at the hosted verification page for both, you will see that the "core" data is Digital Freedom verified information for both,
    but that secondary domains carry the primary verified information within the secondary domains as well via an https link.

This provides verification as a service at a cost as low as possible to all owners, while
    still providing a greater level of confidence to the end users of .TEL domains.
    Link: Yellow Search
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Yellow Search Verification Service Empty Re: Yellow Search Verification Service

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-30, 3:23 pm

TelTalk wrote:
    The verification is desireable in the same way that Google or Bing verifies listing claims.
    The Yellow Search Verification however, uses basically a 4-point verification system
    to provide users greater protection from problems that are associated with listing operators.

Yellow Search ® Verification Service Manually Verifies Operator Information As Follows:

A. .TEL Domain Name Registrant Request For Verification
    B. Operator Mailing Address Verification
    C. Operator Telephone Number Verification
    D. Operator Email Address Verification

Codes are provided and a code entry response validation like Google or Bing is used.

Actual Telephone Calls, Email, and Postal costs are incurred and is the reason for the Primary .TEL charge.

Annual verification is necessary to validate accurate information for .TEL patrons.

As for the secondary domains, a one-time charge is incurred to setup the hosted page(s).

Example:

Digital Freedom has been verified as the primary operator - http://digitalfreedom.tel

http://cincico.tel and others are .TEL domains that are still operated by Digital Freedom, so they are considered secondary verifications.

If you look at the hosted verification page for both, you will see that the "core" data is Digital Freedom verified information for both,
    but that secondary domains carry the primary verified information within the secondary domains as well via an https link.

This provides verification as a service at a cost as low as possible to all owners, while
    still providing a greater level of confidence to the end users of .TEL domains.
    Link: Yellow Search

I don't trust this guy & only registrars should be doing a verification service based on your payment info, the point always was to get registrars more involved with .tel and keep them thinking about it and how they can make more money off of it so that it would encourage development of other proxies and services, but as usual .tel relegated it to weblink because they're lazy as F%c£ and or gave it to a 'buddy', registrars have your whois info and built in payment systems and only need to charge a small fee to display a small tick or icon after they check you out.

Telnic just short changed us and this makes me furious and reminds me why I HATE THEM they handed power to this random guy who we don't really know and it allegedly looks like he bought facebook likes and in my book that's a deceitful practice and not someone I can trust and people could trust. Also using the yellowpages color scheme and two fingers icon on other websites and making out you're doing 'something new' in the history of yellow pages business is over boasting and makes us look stupid.

I maybe a clown sometimes but I'm not paying money for a web link that I put in myself and some random guy who the public don't know has to 'trust' I'm who I say I am just because telnic added an 'icon' tick.

I can just as well buy any domain name, put up a fake website and say I'm verified for less than this guy charges, and no one would be the wiser if it was a good domain name and looked official.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-30, 3:34 pm

A problem is the quoted resource is anonymous, too.
    How the verification of a not specified resource can be trusted?

But anyway the idea isn't bad; it just needs an official authorization.
    Alex
    Admin

Yellow Search Verification Service Empty Different verification services

Post by Alex 2012-05-31, 12:00 pm

A well-known service is the Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code.

If Telnic would embed it (just like Google Analytics or Google AdSense), all .tel domains could be verified by linking them to the Google Analytics accounts - without any verification links in the main body of a .tel.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-31, 12:53 pm

TelTalk wrote:A well-known service is the Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code.

If Telnic would embed it (just like Google Analytics or Google AdSense), all .tel domains could be verified by linking them to the Google Analytics accounts - without any verification links in the main body of a .tel.
    Aled Williams (Director of Customer Services for Telnic) reacted to this new suggestion from dottel.net today immediately:
    It's a great suggestion. We'll look into it.
    Alex
    Admin

Yellow Search Verification Service Empty Easier domain verification from Google with eNom and Go Daddy

Post by Alex 2012-06-05, 11:23 am

By Anthony Chavez on 4th June 2012

Today we’re announcing a new initiative that makes it easier for users to verify domains for Google services like Webmaster Tools and Google Apps.

First, some background on this initiative. To use certain Google services with your website or domain, you currently have to verify that you own the site or domain, since these services can share sensitive data (like search queries) or operate Internet-facing services (like hosted email) on your behalf.

One of our supported verification methods is domain verification. Currently this method requires a user to manually create a DNS TXT record to prove their ownership. For many users, this can be challenging and difficult to do.

So now, in collaboration with Go Daddy and eNom, we’re introducing a simple, automated solution for domain verification that guides you through the process in a few easy steps.

If your domain name records are managed by eNom or Go Daddy, in the Google site verification interface you will see a new, easier verification method as shown below.

Read the full story at Google Webmaster Central Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 5:23 pm