The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.Tel Promotion

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.Tel Promotion Empty .Tel Promotion

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 2:03 pm

dottel10-15-2010 09:39 AM

.Tel Promotion

Apart regular content updates, how many of you are actually promoting your .tel sites.
    What are the methods/resources you using?

I use every available resources which will get me relevant reference to my projects (websites)
    this includes articles directories, directories, blogs, blog reviews, press releases & other link baiting techniques.

dialaroom10-15-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 11200)
    Apart regular content updates, how many of you are actually promoting your .tel sites.
    What are the methods/resources you using?

I use every available resources which will get me relevant reference to my projects (websites)
    this includes articles directories, directories, blogs, blog reviews, press releases & other link baiting techniques.

[size]
    As well as most of the above I am using targeted email and postal mailshots.[/size]

dottel10-15-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 11204)
    As well as most of the above I am using targeted email and postal mailshots.

[size]
    What do you use for mailing and do you track the conversion rate?

Cheers[/size]

dialaroom10-17-2010 07:47 AM

I only us direct mail with DialaCab.tel
    My target for direct mailing is smaller Taxi companies with little or no web presence, not all have company email, hence the need for a different approach with direct mailshots.

Have only started in a small way, 1st 1000 showed roughly a 2% conversion, making it very costly in terms of return on investment in first year. 

As with all new small directories, no one wants to pay to be in them until their competitors are, but the appeal to Taxi companies in particular, to have their name and phone number in their town, and them only be 3 clicks from a call on any mobile, has been well recieved.

Dialacab is different to Dialaroom in so far as Dialacab is purely a telephone directory, offering only Name and telephone number advertising. The trouble with offering a whole folders worth of contact info for each company as we all know is the 3,000 folder limit.

DialaCab offers 1 record, i.e. Phone. Each .tel can have 300,000 records, so the cost of having a record as opposed to a folders worth of info can be offered very cheaply.

And the beauty is, only one .tel is required for it, so no problems with long and different URLs and all the other inherrant problems and costs in spreading a directory over a dozen or so other .tels.

Simple, efficient and cheap. Any help in telling another 299,000 Uk taxi companies would be greatly appreciated. lol.

dottel10-18-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 11207)
    Any help in telling another 299,000 Uk taxi companies would be greatly appreciated. lol.

[size]
    ha ha

try for some genuine email opt-in list/service to target them
    or may be search for e reputable web directory that list these companies, contact them and check if they do email advertising (I know you could be their competitor but sometimes if you have a win win kinda deal they may do the advertising/partnership).[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 3:31 am