The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Skype Click to Call

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Skype Click to Call Empty Skype Click to Call

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:18 pm

mikeseaton10-16-2011 07:54 PM

Skype Click to Call

Now that Microsoft have bought Skype they obviously have great things planned.

Whilst checking out Skype - I am currently looking at adding it to TelDial - I came across this page all about Skype Click to Call.

Here an excerpt:

It’s like magic – once you install Skype Click to Call, you’ll see numbers highlighted with blue and grey buttons across most websites and browsers. It’s free to call numbers with blue buttons - you’ll need Skype Credit or a subscription to call numbers with grey buttons

Check it out for yourself at http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/get-...click-to-call/

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton10-16-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18372)
    I don't like Skype Click to Call, because it requires me to pay high rates for my phone calls.

[size]
    "It’s like magic – once you install Skype Click to Call, you’ll see numbers highlighted with blue and grey buttons across most websites and browsers. It’s free to call numbers with blue buttons."

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18372)
    Only 1 % of all Skype members are using their paid services.

[size]
    That means 99% of Skype users are getting the service absolutely free !

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton10-16-2011 10:30 PM

Jens,

In case it's not obvious, the point I am trying to highlight is that competition for the services that .tel offers is growing by the day.

Whilst Skype Click to Call may not offer everything you want, the synergy (sorry about the consultant speak) of Microsoft - with it's millions of existing users - and Skype (with the technical product) can overpower a small company like Telnic and limited distribution product like .tel very quickly.

At the risk of repeating myself, Time Is Of The Essence, Telnic need to tie-up with a major internet player and/or find the millions to do a major marketing push before it's too late to save the .tel concept (which I really like) from a slow and inevitable decline !

As Winston Churchill used to say "Action This Day !".

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton10-17-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18369)
    Whilst checking out Skype - I am currently looking at adding it to TelDial - I came across this page all about Skype Click to Call.

[size]
    Interesting observation - if you are logged into Skype (to make a normal Skype internet call) the Skype software changes the display of all your .tel phone numbers to that of Skype Click to Call and clicking on these then takes you to the Skype Click to Call page.

A question to those familiar with Skype on .tel - does that mean that if you are logged into Skype you cannot make a conventional phone call by clicking on a .tel phone link without being forced to go via Skype Click to Call ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton10-17-2011 12:39 PM

Jens,

Thanks for the response.

I wonder how many .tel users are aware when they install Skype that they need to uninstall Skype Click to Call to prevent the overwriting of conventional phone numbers on their .tel whilst they are logged-in to Skype ?

Can you advise where the link is that enables you to uninstall just the "Click to Call" element of Skype ?

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton10-17-2011 04:41 PM

Jens, I uninstalled the Skype Click to Call module using the Windows Control Panel, so there is now no modification of the conventional phone numbers when logged-in to Skype.

Not sure how many "average users" will do this though - those that don't will of course have Skype potentially charging them for conventional calls which are often free in the UK depending on your telco (many offer free calls to landline 01, 02, 03 prefixes).

Mike Seaton

boracay.tel10-18-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18440)
    Please can anybody call Microsoft and give them the advice to acquire Telnic, too?

[size]
    nooooo!!!! please no!
    microsoft is with nokia (titanic)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 7:10 am