The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel Image Ads Now Available

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Image Ads Now Available Empty Tel Image Ads Now Available

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:41 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-09-2011 09:10 PM

Tel Image Ads Now Available

Thrilled to say that I inserted my first image ads at www.cupids.tel using our free Open Auth Quick Update tool.

For now, you can insert image ads and by tomorrow, manage them same as text ads.

Now if we could only order the horizontal image ads and place them amongst NAPTR records - that would be really cool.

There are two more image ad tools coming soon to maximize your tel image experience.

BTW, dont just use for ads, use as visual links to your other sites too.
    eg www.lcbo.tel www.beerstores.tel www.incanada.tel

Mark

Shahid02-09-2011 10:38 PM

looks good mark, can we use our own picture adds too for branding out self ?

Blunderer02-09-2011 10:42 PM

Congratulations, Mark. Leading from the front, as usual.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-09-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 12677)
    looks good mark, can we use our own picture adds too for branding out self ?

[size]
    You can make your own ads in PAINT or PHOTOSHOP, size them either 250x250 or 468 wide x 60 high. I added some to www.adverts.tel. This is so much fun being creative and adding visual exposure to our domains. Thanks Telnic.
    Mark[/size]

Shahid02-09-2011 11:20 PM

nice, thank mark..i will install photo shop and work on my designs too then

maximka02-09-2011 11:26 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

can02-10-2011 12:00 AM

Great! Mark
    I am thinking to develope my tels using your tools.
    If you can combine your tools to one desk soft, it will greatly affect our enthusiasm on .tel

dutchstreetdog02-10-2011 02:40 AM

I dont see nothing on my phone?
    What is there to see

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-10-2011 02:47 AM

I've been experimenting with Tel Ads tonight. As a test, I created a simple Dynamic News display. Take a peek at www.newsalerts.tel and refresh the page a few times - watch as ad content changes dynamically. If you want, copy the url and place it on your domain via Quick Update and see what content you get - the criteria is based on your domain name by default. But you can force a topic too, colours, font etc.

So thinking out loud, what dynamic features would you like to see implemented now that we have tel image ads?

1. QRCODES - generate an image ad with a QRCODE embedded that will provide more information about a product or service. 

2. Live Twitter feed of your very last tweet.

3. Live linking of images and text based on other criteria.

4. Live feeds from other sources, like random jokes, quotations.

5. A bigger visitors counter.

6. ????

If there is enough interest, I'll add some features. By the way, using this slows down the complete rendering of your page slightly because the dynamic image renders last. This doesn't affect tel proxy performance since the browser handles this.

Mark

dutchstreetdog02-10-2011 03:00 AM

Were must i look , at the logo?
    I just see a eye! a pretty eye but not chanching?
    Am i missing somthing?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-10-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 12690)
    I dont see nothing on my phone?
    What is there to see

[size]
    I suppose tel image ads are not yet supported on the mobile proxy. Didnt see them on my Blackberry.[/size]

dutchstreetdog02-10-2011 03:13 AM

Ok i check it out tommorow on my laptop 
    Congratulations to you Mister, going good tha real Master!!!
    And to telnic!
    And myself for finding the latest news So quik

dutchstreetdog02-10-2011 11:26 AM

wauw nice! those ads look realy nice!

boracay.tel02-10-2011 03:02 PM

definately seeing the MOBILE image ads for Nadya.tel (on iphone 4G and ipod 4G) but....
    possibly the 3rd party tools are still to add the "mobile" differentiator option?
    looking good so far. yeah hey

ynp02-10-2011 05:54 PM

Droid Eris user here - the image ad for Nadya.tel appears on my phone but the image ads for cupids.tel do not appear on my phone. I wonder why that is? And is only one image possible, and is it possible to place it further down?

Great feature, opens up so many possibilities. 

Number 2 and 3 above would be fantastic.

Steve
    ynp.tel
    406i.tel
    telAviso.tel

nadya02-10-2011 06:12 PM

Hi Steve, you can put adverts at the top, bottom or right-hand side of the page (the latter only for the desktop, not for smartphone). You are probably not seeing cupids.tel advertising because your AdBlock or other plugin in the browser is hiding it.

dotteler02-10-2011 07:23 PM

Like how it changes the use of a single page within a .tel.
    I've done an example for one particular wine: http://sample-wine-page.our-concept.winelist.tel/
    I can see how this would really enable the www version to be more competitive in the directory space.

Cedric02-11-2011 06:05 AM

tel img

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12676)

...... using our free Open Auth Quick Update tool.

[size]
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for your tool !!!

And each time I refresh my page, the Top image can switch between "Shanghai" and "Beijing", that's really cool~~~

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6e07055djw6de89mwgwmcj.jpg[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-11-2011 03:35 PM

Another experiment to prove the real-time tweets concept.

www.tweet2.tel 

shows the most recent tweet from the Telmasters timeline. Will get more creative with text wrapping etc as time permits. Feel free to copy the image URL and add to your domain via the Quick Update tool.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-14-2011 05:39 AM

Tel Images

See what you can now do with images on .tel ... www.adverts.tel - more experimentation to provide additional customization.
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Tel Image Ads Now Available Empty Re: Tel Image Ads Now Available

dutchstreetdog02-16-2011 04:00 PM

proudly presenting my telads

after a big fight with Photoshop i proudly present my beautiful animated banner ! thanks to tha telmaster! 
    i only wounder why it is taking away my headertext after uploading a ad?
    its also showing on my mobile:p
    check it out www.sexgids.tel
    THANKS TELNIC THANKS TELMASTERS Let the party begin

btw Feel free to use my link for putting it on your site:)

boracay.tel02-17-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12762)
    See what you can now do with images on .tel ... www.adverts.tel - more experimentation to provide additional customization.
    Mark

[size]
    Hi mark, is it possible that your Ad tool is saving the URL "links" differently for image vs text ads? all the text based ads on adverts.tel are opening in the current .tel window (which is normal even if not pointing to a .tel), yet the image ads are jumping to an outside window.
    cheers[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-17-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 12843)
    Hi mark, is it possible that your Ad tool is saving the URL "links" differently for image vs text ads? all the text based ads on adverts.tel are opening in the current .tel window (which is normal even if not pointing to a .tel), yet the image ads are jumping to an outside window.
    cheers

[size]
    Boyet, I don't believe we have that power. The template CSS controls this functionality and when you look at the HTML source for the page, the image ad link has target=blank which causes a new page to open, while text links do not. 

Telnic, maybe this is a feature request?

Mark[/size]

ynp02-22-2011 07:16 PM

Is there a restriction to the number of different Tel Image Ads for a .tel domain? I understand there is a maximum of five per page. But could each subfolder have different images? (Could each subfolder have their own five image ads?)

nadya02-22-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 12987)
    Is there a restriction to the number of different Tel Image Ads for a .tel domain? I understand there is a maximum of five per page. But could each subfolder have different images? (Could each subfolder have their own five image ads?)

[size]
    Yes, the restrictions are on a per-folder basis.[/size]

ynp02-22-2011 07:54 PM

Just to clarify, If I had a .tel domain set up as a directory with 100 subfolders, I could have up to 500 different images within my .tel domain? 
    Is it correct that each .tel domain may have 2000 subfolders?(potentially 10,000 image ads?)

nadya02-22-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 12994)
    Just to clarify, If I had a .tel domain set up as a directory with 100 subfolders, I could have up to 500 different images within my .tel domain?
    Is it correct that each .tel domain may have 2000 subfolders?(potentially 10,000 image ads?)

[size]
    We are counting links to images, and you can have up to 5 per page. With 3000 subfolders in a .tel domain as the current maximum, you can have up to 15000 image adverts, plus another 6000 records for smartphone adverts that need to be created separately. For .tel, it doesn't matter if it's the same advert on all pages, or individual files as we store links only; all image adverts will be hosted elsewhere, so you will need to sort out web hosting for them as well.[/size]

ynp02-22-2011 08:21 PM

Thank you Nadya, I appreciate the quick responses.

maximka03-08-2011 03:20 PM

dottel03-08-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 13273)
    I have a question - do such images affect the TEL-page loading time? If "yes", then can a TEL-site get worse position in search engines rankings after its loading time became bigger because of these images?

[size]
    yes that's possible..
    If you host your images on a slow server and or if your images are too big in size then your visitor has to wait more time to load your page completely.[/size]

maximka03-08-2011 05:57 PM

dottel03-09-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 13277)
    dottel, how it is possible for user, who is not a web-master, to learn what image-services-sites are on slow servers and what ones on quick?

[size]

Well that's where professionals come in
    but for those who can't hire such a qualified/experienced web developers you gotta rely on articles and do research..

read these two articles for free image hosting sites..
    http://www.smashingapps.com/2009/06/...-websites.html

http://www.techieblogger.com/2009/09...ing-sites.html

check for more reviews on these services, lastly if you believe non of these free ones have great reviews then buy hosting for images/files.[/size]

dialaroom03-09-2011 01:42 PM

There's a good, easy to understand article on hotlinking images here http://www.cwhatch.com/seo-articles/...g-good-for-SEO

it says all I would have said and more.

Cedric03-10-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12679)

You can make your own ads in PAINT or PHOTOSHOP, size them either 250x250 or 468 wide x 60 high. I added some to www.adverts.tel

[size]
    A small correction I just noticed: the size for top banner should probably be max. 448x60 instead of 468x60.

http://dev.telnic.org/docs/advertisements.pdf

I just noticed this when I saw the top banner pic has been resized.

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6e07055djw6df3gu3gb8kj.jpg[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-10-2011 01:29 PM

Good to notice that. I guess they need to fit the template width mid section. However IAB ad unit standard is 468x60. Telnic?

nadya03-10-2011 02:18 PM

Mark, see the link to the whitepaper above, it has the 448x60 dimensions specified on page 4 for all types of user-defined adverts.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-10-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 13290)
    Mark, see the link to the whitepaper above, it has the 448x60 dimensions specified on page 4 for all types of user-defined adverts.

[size]
    Yes, I realize that. My reference to you was re IAB standards. Will .tel support the standard size?
    I suppose proportionally you do.[/size]

telrific03-10-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 13291)
    Yes, I realize that. My reference to you was re IAB standards. Will .tel support the standard size?
    I suppose proportionally you do.

[size]
    468x60 should be the size supported by Telnic as it has been the ad standard for many years worldwide.

Trying to get the world to accept 448x60 is just another silly battle.

:o[/size]

mikeseaton03-10-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 13291)
    I suppose proportionally you do.

[size]
    Agreed - it is essential that .tels support the size that advertisers use as the established standard i.e 468x60 - IMO most advertisers will not be prepared to create a new banner size 20 pixels less just for .tels!

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-10-2011 08:30 PM

I suppose this will require the next round of templates to be 20 pixels wider?
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

maximka03-10-2011 10:02 PM

mikeseaton03-11-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 13294)
    I suppose this will require the next round of templates to be 20 pixels wider?
    Mark

[size]
    It appears that none of the new designs of templates have picked up on this - unless you make both the Contact area and Tel Ad 468 pixels wide you are turning away the chance to display ads from thousands of advertisers who supply ads to publishers in the industry standard size of 468x60 pixels.

IMO Dot Tel owners won't want to lose monetisation easily available through the display of 468x60 ads via the likes of Amazon, eBay, Commission Junction, TradeDoubler etc.

So please Telnic can we have all the new templates come with a 468 pixel width to the Contact area so allowing a 468x60 Tel Ad to be displayed above.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-11-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 13304)
    So please Telnic can we have all the new templates come with a 468 pixel width to the Contact area so allowing a 468x60 Tel Ad to be displayed above.
    Thanks in anticipation.

[size]
    For sure. And still waiting to hear from Nadya re my question above. BTW, when I saw the docs I thought 448 was a typo and since the images fit, didnt notice they were not in fact 468x60.

But the point to make here is that if we had been party to the design specs, some of us would have noticed that 468 is the standard, not 448, and that the tel images should have 
    adhered to that BEFORE the change went into production. IAB exists for a reason.

Mark[/size]

Aled03-12-2011 09:19 AM

Mark, Nadya is currently away at ICANN. I have, however, made a note of your request for the increase in width of teh contact area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 11:10 am