The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Image Ad Links

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Image Ad Links Empty Image Ad Links

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:51 am

dialaroom07-28-2011 08:36 AM

Image Ad Links

Has anyone tried to apply a Call to and mail to link to an image ad either banner or side ad, if so what is the exact code and what tool did you use, more importantly does it work?

Aled07-28-2011 09:10 AM

dial a room - to initiate a call you just need to specify: tel:xxxx rather than http://xxxx when creating the record.

tindaya07-28-2011 09:20 AM

I think this is interesting, but I don´t understand. Can anyone explain somenthing more about the theme? Can be interesting for the rest?

dottel.net07-28-2011 09:22 AM

it means when you create an image ad on your tel you typically provide it with a web url to navigate to when clicked. the alternative is to provide a telephone number that if the device understands the tel: protocol will attempt to dial, or email if given an email.

tindaya07-28-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 16451)
    it means when you create an image ad on your tel you typically provide it with a web url to navigate to when clicked. the alternative is to provide a telephone number that if the device understands the tel: protocol will attempt to dial, or email if given an email.

[size]

Thanks. Is written the tel protocol in some document?[/size]

dialaroom07-28-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 16449)
    dial a room - to initiate a call you just need to specify: tel:xxxx rather than http://xxxx when creating the record.

[size]
    Thanks Aled, I can see me using this a lot in Marlborough.tel will try it out later, tried mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx doesn't seem to work for email, is there a mail command that works?[/size]

Aled07-28-2011 02:06 PM

dialaroom - mailto: should also work in the same way - do you have an example where you have tested it, so we can take a look please?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-28-2011 02:19 PM

EZ.tel has some links to email, call, skype via text and image ads.
    Mark

dialaroom07-28-2011 03:26 PM

Thanks Aled and Mark, have both working now. Mark love the use of EZ and OK .tels

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-30-2011 07:09 PM

callto and yellowbook

Yellowbook.com has added a callto image link to its customer tels ...
    eg 147thstreethomes.tel/

Mark

Cees07-30-2011 09:27 PM

Mark,
    I tried EZ.tel and 147thstreethomes.tel whilst they opened the Skype application they didn't go to the next step to actually initiate a call, is this normal?

On the same/similar subject, are you or anyone able to comment on this site's http://www.macconcierge.com/about.html use of "Click to Call" and would it be possible to use on .tel.

Thanks.
    Cees

mikeseaton07-30-2011 10:49 PM

User-Definable Image Ad Links on TelDial

I am looking into the possibility of users being able to define their own Image Ad Links on TelDial - this would work in a similar way that Sale Price is currently defined on http://data.bullionsales.tel and displayed on http://bullionsales.teldial.com

TelDial is already set up to detect whether the browser is being displayed on a mobile phone or desktop/laptop/tablet computer and so will be able to issue the different phone call command that is needed for each situation.

Whilst it obviously makes sense for the Image Ad on a mobile phone to generate a phone call link - is this still a valid response when the Image Ad is being displayed on a desktop/laptop/tablet computer - what do you think ?

For simplicity (and large existing volume of banner ads) I would want to use the standard 468x60 banner display on desktop/laptop/tablet computers - but on mobile phones this would need to be automatically scaled to 320 pixels wide, which equates to 41 pixels deep on a mobile phone, 9 pixels less than the Google AdSense for Mobiles standard of 50 pixels deep.

If anyone in the UK wants to post the URL of their own 468x60 banner ad and corresponding +44 phone number I will use it for testing onhttp://bullionsales.teldial.com

Any response to my ideas welcome - particularly your views on the desktop/laptop/tablet version of the banner ad linking to a phone number.

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-31-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 16511)
    Mark,
    I tried EZ.tel and 147thstreethomes.tel whilst they opened the Skype application they didn't go to the next step to actually initiate a call, is this normal?

[size]
    I don't know. Depending on the browser, as I was able to dial my number. I have B/B so can't test mobile until ads show up (Telnic when?) so have you tried dialing on mobile?

Mark[/size]

supercyberheroes07-31-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 16511)
    Mark,

On the same/similar subject, are you or anyone able to comment on this site's http://www.macconcierge.com/about.html use of "Click to Call" and would it be possible to use on .tel.

Thanks.
    Cees

[size]
    It's normal if you do not have skype account, so you need to open an account at skype then add mark on your list and add some money into your skype account click and make phone call if the call is from skype to skype voip you do not need to add money because it will free to call.[/size]

Cees07-31-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 16518)
    I don't know. Depending on the browser, as I was able to dial my number. I have B/B so can't test mobile until ads show up (Telnic when?) so have you tried dialing on mobile?

Mark

[size]
    Just had a look at the mobile (iphone 4) all info is the same except the phone logo doesn't show up (for obvious reasons) and that's the link I clicked.[/size]

Cees07-31-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 16519)
    It's normal if you do not have skype account, so you need to open an account at skype then add mark on your list and add some money into your skype account click and make phone call if the call is from skype to skype voip you do not need to add money because it will free to call.

[size]
    I have an active account with skype with xxx amount of money, I'll try adding Mark to the list that may take me further, thanks.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 6:39 am