The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Image Ads referring to same .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Image Ads referring to same .tel Empty Image Ads referring to same .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:06 am

boracay.tel09-24-2012 10:48 AM

Image Ads referring to same .tel

Aled,

I know this has been mentioned/requested a few times since imageAds were introduced.

Could telnic (by default) please enable the graphical imageAds links (which specifically reference same or other .tels) to STAY within the same/parent .tel window.

thank you.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-24-2012 11:05 AM

I absolutely agree. Clicking an image whose link refers to the SAME domain should act in exactly the same manner as a weblink or goto with the same domain. Many of my domains use image banners with same domain to draw attention, but they open in new browser window and this is very annoying and inconsistent. As I develop my domains further, the use of banners is very important visually.

Aled, can we get this minor change soon?
    Mark

dutchstreetdog09-24-2012 03:45 PM

i dont now whats this about but i do agree to

boracay.tel09-25-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 25642)
    i dont now whats this about but i do agree to

[size]
    Dutch its EXTREMELY important.

Directory builders are really close to being able to UPSELL the TELNAMES .tels as the perfect self-managed landing page.

the underlying directory.tel is actually just a bonus for the client.
    but for the UPSELL package to be easily sold, the underlying directory must function with logic and consistency. 

dont you see?
    we are so close here...
    just need a couple of things to be tweaked.[/size]

dutchstreetdog09-26-2012 08:41 AM

Well as you say boracay, i feel The potential of a tel
    but dont see all the possebilleties yet !
    But you mean just a ad thats not clickable !
    Or do you realy need it to open on the Same page

boracay.tel09-26-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 25673)
    But you mean just a ad thats not clickable !
    Or do you realy need it to open on the Same page

[size]
    actually, an ad that was not clickable would be great!!!!
    would help enormously.

...but the reality is thats an ON/OFF user-selectable option and perhaps that is overly burdening the proxy. what we are hoping/suggesting/wishing for here is a compromise, and to be consistent with an already implemented action. 

ok, so clicks are always on, thats that, but if the URL is a .tel then simply stay within the same window. same action as already implemented for .tel links elsewhere.

hope this helps.[/size]

boracay.tel10-17-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25640)
    Aled,

I know this has been mentioned/requested a few times since imageAds were introduced.

Could telnic (by default) please enable the graphical imageAds links (which specifically reference same or other .tels) to STAY within the same/parent .tel window.

thank you.

[size]
    The original thread.
    It's simply about the "click" occuring on imageAds.
    STAY in same window (where a .tel is the page being pointed to by the link)

Or said another way, please, DO NOT open a new window for each and every click on an imageAd.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-17-2012 04:50 AM

Yes please and soon please!
    Mark

supercyberheroes10-18-2012 10:53 AM

Totally agree, hope telnic do so ASAP for the good of the .tel domains.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel

Blunderer10-18-2012 12:40 PM

I support this request, It is in line with my earlier request to have the facility - through the CTH - for a sponsors image display that was linked to either a ,tel or website. I had previously suggested using the logo space but a mobile visible image ad would do. 

For me, the critical requirement is access through the CTH but, where a link to a .tel was concerned, keeping the result in the same window makes sense.

To completely make my day, a smaller image ad (?), preloaded into every .tel, positioned to the left of the search box, and titled "HOME" (e.g. the font page) would be helpful...... well, something like that, anyway.

TELcp10-18-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25826)
    To completely make my day, a smaller image ad (?), preloaded into every .tel, positioned to the left of the search box, and titled "HOME" (e.g. the font page) would be helpful...... well, something like that, anyway.

[size]
    If you are going to use this feature as a top banner, just like what we provide for the Skype (through TELcp - see at telcp.tel), and if you host any of your websites with SSL we will be able to create small script for you.
    So that you will be able to upload any image (recursive or non-recursive).

If interested, we will provide this kind of small scripts (and many other scripts) under our planned Open Source project.

Cheers![/size]

Blunderer10-18-2012 01:39 PM

@TELcp,

"If you are going to use this feature as a top banner"

I didn't really mean a top banner, just a button marked "HOME".

Go to http://crediton.tel and search for "small dogs" - then try and get back to the home page of the directory. 

I have never heard anyone outside of this forum talking about using breadcrumbs to navigate a site, so its likely that they would simply close the page, and MAYBE open the site again to start another search.

boracay.tel10-18-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25822)
    The original thread.
    It's simply about the "click" occuring on imageAds.
    STAY in same window (where a .tel is the page being pointed to by the link)

Or said another way, please, DO NOT open a new window for each and every click on an imageAd.

[size]
    Aled,
    could you please comment regarding this very specific thread.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25830)
    then try and get back to the home page of the directory. 

so its likely that they would simply close the page, and MAYBE open the site again to start another search.

[size]
    Blunderer, by using the imageAds (with the .tel link STAYING at same window) you can implement MUCH more than just a quick graphical way back home, it will allow a directory to do very powerful inter-page navigation. A home button is easily done, we just need the "click" to .tels to STAY within same window.[/size]

TELcp10-18-2012 02:02 PM

@Blunderer,

I understand u very well.

.tel proxies as they are today don't allow us to do whatever we wish.
    What I meant in my last post was that we could provide a small icon (marked "Home") in place of the top banner.
    The icon has to be an image (.tia format), and any click on that will take you to the home page. It is not a problem at all.

I have seen this kind of a thing is being used by one Russian .tel site. (Don't remember the name now).

This kind of thing is provided by TELcp & Mark as well.
    But right now TELcp does not support recursive (to be displayed on every page).
    At present it is intended for single page only.
    If you really need this, we can program it in TELcp.
    If you want to do it yourself, then please wait till we provide such scripts (FREE of charge) through our planned Open Source Project.

Cheers!

Aled10-18-2012 02:08 PM

Boracay,

We're looking into the suggestion that's been made. I'll respond further on here when I have further details.

Thanks,
    Aled

boracay.tel10-18-2012 02:11 PM

thank you.

TELcp10-18-2012 02:23 PM

@Blunderer,

I will demonstrate it to you now, if you are still there.

Go to the mytown.tel pages and take a look.
    Thos pages have a banner linking to www.telcp.info.

I will now remove the banner and it's link (to telcp.info) and replace it with a smal icon marked "Home" and link it to main page.

This might take several minutes before the actual changes take place in the proxies.

++++

If you are not in the Forum now, I'll send you a pm.

P.S. This feature is already available thru TELcp. All you need to do is making a small button instead of a banner and link to main .tel page.

TELcp10-18-2012 03:07 PM

@Blunderer,

The button (recursive) is uploaded.
    The effect you refer to will be available only when the feature to open within the .tel is made available.

When it is available, we will include it in our Open Source Script.

TELcp10-18-2012 03:46 PM

At present image ad (.tia) input which opens in a new window (target="_blank") is as follows (note the URI in BOLD)

$ad = array(
    'text' => array('.tia', '1', '2', '94', 'img', 'https://www.telcp.com/images/home.gif','uri', 'http://mytown.tel'), 
    'profiles' => '_all_',
    'owner' => '_ad'
    );

In order to open in the same window (target="_self"), the above URI input needs some kind of a prefix.
    However, it is upto Telnic Engineers to design it. (Not a very big job though).

++++

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-18-2012 04:18 PM

@telcp @Telnic, as I suggested earlier in this thread, just add the new string pair "target" to the .tia record if alternate linking is required.
    eg 
    "target" "_blank"
    "target" "_self"
    and then let the proxy honour the request.
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Image Ads referring to same .tel Empty Re: Image Ads referring to same .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:07 am

Blunderer10-19-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 25838)
    @Blunderer,

The button (recursive) is uploaded.
    The effect you refer to will be available only when the feature to open within the .tel is made available.

When it is available, we will include it in our Open Source Script.

[size]
    Thanks for the demonstration - I didn't expect you to go to all that trouble.

The button certainly does the job but, it uses the premium top ad position which, surely, is counter-productive, given that more image ad provision has recently been requested.

I'm really talking about a modification of the templates - I know, I have led the thread off topic. Sorry.

Just to clarify matters, and summarize my position, I:

support Boracay's request.

and, additionally,

would like the ability to upload a mobile viewable image to the top ad position, which could incorporate a link (to a .tel, web page, telephone number, etc.), through the CTH.

would like a Home button to be incorporated in all templates - adjacent to the search box would support continuity between mobile and desktop views.[/size]

TELcp10-19-2012 12:21 PM

@Blunderer,

I realise the need for an extra (special) built in button for this this purpose.
    I know the breadcrumb navigation back to the home page is not very prominent to the visitor.

You can count my support on this request.

Cheers!.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2012 12:37 PM

Ideally a menu bar with icon image links would do the trick if Telnic could support that. Multiple icons that only point to other .tel pages. Top and bottom support. A max of five or six icons in the bar.
    Mark

Aled12-17-2012 11:26 AM

All, this request has now been implemented, so that if an image ad links to a .tel it opens in the same window.

Thanks,
    Aled

TELcp12-17-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26261)
    All, this request has now been implemented, so that if an image ad links to a .tel it opens in the same window.

Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    Just checked at mytown.tel
    Image Ad links to a .tel opening in the same window, functioning perfect.

How to test (for those who are not aware what it really does):

You see the Blue colour "Home" button on the first page of mytown.tel.
    It is placed to return to the home page whenever a visitor goes to a sub domain (i.e When you click ATM on the main page, you go to the 'ATM" sub domain).
    Earlier when you click "Home" button from a sub domain, then the main page opened in a new window/Tab.
    After this implementation, when a visitor clicks the "Home" button the main page opens in the same window.

Thanks. Aled.

What are the other features implemented, please?
    Thanks.[/size]

Aled12-17-2012 02:25 PM

The other feature that has been implemented, and again following a community request and feedback, is that a large image ad can now be displayed on any template (previously it was just template 8, the "competition" template). 

This works in the same way as template 8 in that there is no change to the API, it's just that it will now show a larger image if that is what has been added.

supercyberheroes12-17-2012 02:43 PM

Ok, what ever we do here like image ads, we still need third parties tools like Mark or telcp? am I right or wrong?

Kind regards?

Thank very much telnic.

supercyberheroes12-17-2012 02:47 PM

@telcp how do we add home in each page, its an image ads that open in the same window?

Regards

Aled12-17-2012 02:47 PM

Image Ads can either be added using the API, or by utilising 3rd party tools which use the API.

supercyberheroes12-17-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26263)
    The other feature that has been implemented, and again following a community request and feedback, is that a large image ad can now be displayed on any template (previously it was just template 8, the "competition" template). 

This works in the same way as template 8 in that there is no change to the API, it's just that it will now show a larger image if that is what has been added.

[size]
    Aled can you point me any site with big image using template 7.

I asking because I am thinking to use most of my tel with template 7.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

TELcp12-17-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 26265)
    @telcp how do we add home in each page, its an image ads that open in the same window?

Regards

[size]
    To appear on all pages use "recursive".

Cheers![/size]

TELcp12-17-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

[size]
    Thanks Aled, just let 'em keep coming in one by one.:)[/size]

TELcp12-17-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

[size]
    Aled, this other feature has made all "Skype" buttons (Image Ads), that some of the TELcp users had, disappear from .tel page.

Can you please what are the actual changes you have made with regards to this implementation.

Awaiting your reply, as many TELcp users have lost their "Skype buttons" they used to have.
    For instance, itnosa.tel had a "Skype button" displayed right under the Logo.
    It was an Image Ad. It has now disppeared with this implementation.[/size]

TELcp12-17-2012 03:31 PM

Telnic, you should have tested these features with the community/developers before implementing.

We have no idea, no information of such implementations and how they have been modified.
    Lot of people get affected and they send email to us asking what happened.
    We have no answers.

supercyberheroes12-17-2012 03:53 PM

as Mark requested before we need rebelmouse icon like facebook or twitter.

Regards

TELcp12-17-2012 03:55 PM

@Telnic,

Can you please reverse this new implementation???
    Because, there are people who rely on the "Skype Button" (top Image Ad).
    The "Skype Button" is no longer visible after your modification.

Awaiting your reply.

Aled12-17-2012 04:00 PM

TelCP,

The Skype status image not showing is not related to this update. The page is trying to load the image fromhttp://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/itnosa but it is not being delivered. This seems to be a more widespread issue with the Skype service than just this particular image.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-17-2012 04:07 PM

Thx Telnic, working nicely. http://www.air.tel/ on desktops.
    For mobiles, you still need to specify a 300x50 image size else the big image is shrunk to 50 height as expected.

TELcp12-17-2012 04:08 PM

Aled, Thanks for the info.
    Could it then be the same issue (of Skype) with Skype Small Balloon on huw.tel's (Right .tia)?

Awaiting your confirmation.
    Thanks.

Aled12-17-2012 04:12 PM

Yes, exactly the same issue at Skype.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:07 am

TELcp12-17-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26277)
    Yes, exactly the same issue at Skype.

[size]
    I'm relieved.
    Thanks.[/size]

dutchstreetdog12-17-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

[size]
    @Thats nice Thank you
    p.s
    Pls i have transfered all my domains to name.com
    The see them in my manager but i dont
    The are looking in to it for mi
    Do you now somthing Telnic !?[/size]

boracay.tel12-18-2012 12:31 AM

Thank you telnic.

There is of course the other point made about ALL .tel links (in ALL Ads) functioning consistently across both mobile and desktop. unfortunately, we are STILL getting new windows opening that have .tel as the pointed to URL 

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 26269)
    Thanks Aled, just let 'em keep coming in one by one.:)

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25674)
    f the URL is a .tel then simply stay within the same window. same action as already implemented for .tel links elsewhere.

[size]
    Thank you once again telnic.[/size]

Serg12-18-2012 02:41 AM

Very Very Good!!!!
    done perfectly!!
    I am happy, because I worked on it hoping.:)

Two years waiting.

tindaya12-18-2012 06:15 PM

In telmasters, Image Ads, you can select "RELATED CONTENT" 
    What´s the meaning of RELATED CONTENT?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-18-2012 11:57 PM

Related content appears on the right side, similar to text ads on top and bottom. It says something like "Related Content" instead of "Sponsored Links".
    Mark

boracay.tel12-19-2012 06:02 AM

See www.bali.tel
    I am using RelatedAds in a way that provides "instant search" results. 

With www.boracay.tel I am using RelatedAds to show marks login page (ie to provide a quick means to for a client to update their listing in the directory)

tindaya12-19-2012 07:50 AM

Thanks.
    OK, is the same that Text Tel Ad.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-19-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 26293)
    See www.bali.tel
    I am using RelatedAds in a way that provides "instant search" results. 

With www.boracay.tel I am using RelatedAds to show marks login page (ie to provide a quick means to for a client to update their listing in the directory)

[size]
    @boracay Love the way you are using wingdings. Very creative. 

@Aled, please take note of how talented developers need to overcome limitations in design and functionality to implement these small adjustments to make .tel look a bit more modern. Not complaining, suggesting you examine the gaps from a small business perspective. As TelNames continues to sell more, we still need more visual adjustments to pro .tel images and related content linking support including the image NAPTR proposal.
    Thx
    Mark[/size]

boracay.tel12-19-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 26300)
    @boracay Love the way you are using wingdings. Very creative.

[size]
    I like the simplicity of .tel overall
    However, graphics and presentation are STILL essential on handsets
    Just showing here what is possible on the billions of apple handsets people see and use everyday. The icons are coming from the built-in standard default shipped with emoji in-built font. So it's not download intensive (stops that argument)

Hint: upgrade the contact data font, make same as relatedAds font (then we get speedy beautiful icons in other places!)[/size]

aliencafe12-19-2012 07:35 PM

@Boracay Would you be interested in partnering on Manila.tel ? I like the way you have put your directories together and I do not have the time to spend on Manila.

I'm sure you could sign up 1000's of businesses, let me know your thoughts.

I'm also looking for partners on Cairo, Stockholm, California, Lisbon if anyone is interested let me know.

boracay.tel12-19-2012 08:10 PM

to be perfectly honest... Manila and Cebu are huge cities. Boracay is this incredible place that expands in front of your eyes. you can almost single-handily monitor construction and keep a digital directory up-to-date.

It's why myself and a few others jumped in with .tel. Boracay was an ideal directory project for us personally. .Tel combined with my.tel app
    Now, Bali has also been given to me to oversee (but is huge in comparison to boracay) a recent business trip to bali puts the task into perspective.

Anything is possible I guess.
    Cheers

supercyberheroes12-20-2012 12:56 AM

@boracay but your site still open new windows.

boracay.tel12-20-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 26305)
    @boracay but your site still open new windows.

[size]
    Telnic has been very supportive in adjusting the logic in the proxy to allow imageAds to open in the same window for a pointed to .tel URL. (this we have all commented here is a wonderful improvement)

Hopefully in a future proxy update, the exact same logic will be extended to TextAds and RelatedAds to open in the same window for a pointed to .tel URL. (that will also make the logic consistent across both mobile and desktops)

I am inspired to work on both bali and boracay projects, the new changes introduced were very important necessary tweaks....

and...

Boracay was recently voted number #1 (worlds best island destination)
    Bali was recently voted number #2 (worlds best island destination)[/size]

dutchstreetdog12-20-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 26306)
    Boracay was recently voted number #1 (worlds best island destination)
    Bali was recently voted number #2 (worlds best island destination)

[size]
    Thats Great ! 
    Congratulations 
    Good to hear you saw a new light in DotTel !
    I finaly started working on my www.denhaag.tel
    The onley thing is i dont finnish nothing, but well[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 7:43 am