The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Designated sub domains for opt in services.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Designated sub domains for opt in services. Empty Designated sub domains for opt in services.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:28 am

Bunjie06-18-2010 12:16 AM

Designated sub domains for opt in services.

I know you have the hidden _ad for storing the adsence, Most sites have counters or other stat pages and I know we have telstats for developers.

I am also aware of the one that a developer here created with a counter on the profile images, which was a cool addition.

But if you can create _ad why not give everyone the option of adding a stats.domain.tel sub domain which will auto populate with up to date data from telstats so we don't need to externally import it from telstats because that creates a weak link in the service chain.

Which would also be a waste of our editing limits that Telnic give us for inserting data and so we can as owners quickly check our .tel stats without logging in and hammering the external services.

http://stats.furry.tel

Visitors Online Now:: ?
    Pageviews Today: ?
    Visitors Today: ?
    The time now is: ?
    Number of Telfriends: ?
    Alexa Traffic Rank: ?
    Sites Linking In: ?
    Google Page Rank: ?
    Google Indexed Pages: ?
    Yahoo Indexed Pages: ?
    Live Indexed Pages: ?
    Telpages Indexed Personal Pages: ?
    Telpages Indexed Business Pages: ?
    Dmoz Listing: ?
    Dmoz Title: ?
    Dmoz Description: ?
    Dmoz Category: ?
    Site Age: ?
    Created:
     ?
    Expires: ?
    Updated: ?
    Language: English

We could use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trackback to give an over view of how many blogs have mentioned the .tel

And re purposing the Google map drop down box which I discovered was possible if you leave in the
    Quote:

_38http://

[size]
    and link to something else like the Alexa map or another type of stat map.

http://images.furry.se/temp/alexa-rank.png

This will also give those who wish to sell on their domains a direct overview to the domains previous and current traffic status.

And allow Traffic and sales sites like Sedo to be able to DNS query the .tel at stats.something.tel and insert that data into a sales/auction page.

It would also allow Google to track the language without it needing to be set in the webmaster tools, so they can better target it to search if the person is not able to set that up or unwilling.

If there is a possible issue with the load on the DNS, then some .tel owners can pay extra for it to be updated quicker, and less used .tels can be on a longer update timer.

Now Telnic rules state that we are not allowed to change where sub domains resolve to, but is it not possible to have the registrar we buy the domain from and hosts the control panel, be able to provide extra services to people. 

Like the above if we wanted to have an add on service for "rich media" we would tick what sub domains we wanted to have that add on enabled on "limited to a few" and the domain registrar would point it over to their DNS server while using the same theme we picked.

And then by re purposing the Google map drop down box, and inserting the media into it that the domain registrar converted to be as small as possible and hosted by the domain registrar. 

So for say stats.furry.tel the domain registrar can recreate the look and feel of the .tel theme, and pull the data from telstats themselves.

I think .tel can do a lot more and I'm thankful to be on the .tel journey :)[/size]

Aled06-18-2010 08:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Bunjie. It's possible that such functionality, if introduced, would actually sit more comfortably in the control panel, but I'll make a note of your suggestion (as we do with all suggestions made on the forum whether we respond directly or not), so that we can discuss internally.

Thanks,

Aled

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 3:39 pm