The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Notepad for control panel?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Notepad for control panel? Empty Notepad for control panel?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:38 am

Bunjie07-23-2010 10:59 AM

Notepad for control panel?

I have a request, the one major problem I have is organizing my scripts and centralizing myself, would it be possible that when we get the new control panel, that we can have a built in production wiki or some kind of notepad.

That I can list things that are important to me, perhaps in the form I posted about for the 3rd party tools post? categorized note system.

Something where by we can store notes on stuff we're working on, that's not part of the the DNS but for people who are working around their .tel and want to centralize themselves and their developments to one .tel and it's control panel.

These are my notes for this .tel, e.t.c and it's production, and perhaps if someone sells it on it has all the scripts and notes still contained in it.

Or if someone leaves a company, the new developer can just open up the .tel control panel and all the scripts are ready there with revision dates e.t.c.

So for instance e.g if spofity was working on spotify.tel and associated scripts, and other things and needed to keep his control panel open, he might as well use the space to put notes with the development stuff. 

So that if you have multiple sites you won't become as overwhelmed with back end scripts on your hard drive e.t.c.

I know I can put stuff in the keywords and hide it, but I don't really think that's a good way to store notes and scripts for development.

Unless maybe the control panel allows me to store notes that way, but they don't show up as if they are. But show in a window as if it was normal notes, but for each sub domain.

nadya07-25-2010 05:50 PM

Bunjie,

Thanks for your input. I'll pass this on to the dev team. It's a change in the general logic and work flow of the control panel in that whatever your input is your data, and it's published once you hit Save. There's no preview, no revision - it's a quick and easy tool to update your online business card. Adding notes and scripts and other types of non-content, offline information is a new concept and something to think about.

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 4:01 pm