The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

http://Yellowsearch.org/

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

http://Yellowsearch.org/ Empty http://Yellowsearch.org/

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:02 pm

boracay.tel03-30-2012 11:47 PM

http://Yellowsearch.org/

$29.95 a year...

What is this? I'm wondering also about the icon used for this service. Is there an expansion into user submitted icons now? I just noticed the pinterest icon too. Thank you telnic

telrific03-31-2012 04:36 AM

As there is no reply yet, I can give you yellowsearch.org information, and as for the icons, I can't speak for Telnic, 
    but I believe that it's a matter of functional necessity versus user defined.

The verification is desireable in the same way that Google or Bing verifies listing claims.
    The Yellow Search Verification however, uses basically a 4-point verification system
    to provide users greater protection from problems that are associated with listing operators.

These may be viewed in a previous post here.

Yellow Search ® Verification Service Manually Verifies Operator Information As Follows:

A. .TEL Domain Name Registrant Request For Verification
    B. Operator Mailing Address Verification
    C. Operator Telephone Number Verification
    D. Operator Email Address Verification

Codes are provided and a code entry response validation like Google or Bing is used.

Actual Telephone Calls, Email, and Postal costs are incurred and is the reason for the Primary .TEL charge.

Annual verification is necessary to validate accurate information for .TEL patrons.

As for the secondary domains, a one-time charge is incurred to setup the hosted page(s).

Example:

Digital Freedom has been verified as the primary operator - digitalfreedom.tel

cincico.tel and others are .TEL domains that are still operated by Digital Freedom, so they are considered secondary verifications.

If you look at the hosted verification page for both, you will see that the "core" data is Digital Freedom verified information for both, 
    but that secondary domains carry the primary verified information within the secondary domains as well via an https link.

This provides verification as a service at a cost as low as possible to all owners, while
    still providing a greater level of confidence to the end users of .TEL domains.

Hope that helps !

ADDED Note:

Did you know that the selection of your Registrar can help pay for the Yellow Search ® Verification Service ?

Some Registrars for .TEL domains charge about the same for annual .TEL registration as the cost of 
    a .tel registration elswhere PLUS the Yellow Search listing verification service !

:cool:

Blunderer03-31-2012 03:19 PM

Here we go!

A $10 p.a. small business internet presence becomes a $40 p.a. borderline investment, and every domain that is not "verified" (financially chained to this service) becomes untrustworthy - the .Tel logo on the yellowsearch.org website indicates so!

And how much for verification next year?

Verification services don't stop people being ripped off by clever thieves - any more than credit referencing millions of citizens stopped a few clever buggers and a flock of sheeplike functionaries driving millions of jobs and people's retirement savings into the gutter.

Also, if yellowsearch.org are sincere about their belief in the need for verification of internet sites you might think they would include their own verifiable contact details on their own site - then we could phone them, email them or write to them to check who they are. Looking at Whois doesn't help either - the only usefull thing we learn is that it expires in June - hopefully not to be renewed.

Get up! Stand up!

telrific03-31-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 21460)
    Here we go!

A $10 p.a. small business internet presence becomes a $40 p.a. borderline investment, and every domain that is not "verified" (financially chained to this service) becomes untrustworthy - the .Tel logo on the yellowsearch.org website indicates so!

[size]
    You'll probably do better convincing Google and Bing it's pointless !

Network Solutions is $35 to start ! Over $40 if you add privacy !

Quote:
    [/size]

And how much for verification next year?

[size]
    Probably a million dollars, at least.

Quote:
    [/size]

Verification services don't stop people being ripped off by clever thieves - any more than credit referencing millions of citizens stopped a few clever buggers and a flock of sheeplike functionaries driving millions of jobs and people's retirement savings into the gutter.

[size]
    No, but it does leave a much better legal trail !

Quote:
    [/size]

Also, if yellowsearch.org are sincere about their belief in the need for verification of internet sites you might think they would include their own verifiable contact details on their own site - then we could phone them, email them or write to them to check who they are. Looking at Whois doesn't help either - the only usefull thing we learn is that it expires in June - hopefully not to be renewed.

[size]
    Uh, it's there already ! See the Yellow Search .tel's that are everywhere !

Quote:
    [/size]

Get up! Stand up!

[size]

Don't hit your head !

:)[/size]

mikeseaton03-31-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 21460)
    Also, if yellowsearch.org are sincere about their belief in the need for verification of internet sites you might think they would include their own verifiable contact details on their own site - then we could phone them, email them or write to them to check who they are. Looking at Whois doesn't help either - the only usefull thing we learn is that it expires in June - hopefully not to be renewed.

Get up! Stand up!

[size]
    If you expect people to pay you money - and they don't already know you - you need to provide your contact details - simple as that !

Failure to provide contact details is a recipe for failure of any service that demands money be sent.

It still amazes me that some people trying to sell .tel domains have their Whois contact details set to Personal (which displays just registrant name) rather than Legal (which displays full contact details).

Surely the obvious thing is for the owner of http://YellowSearch.org to link to their .tel domain (or use Telnic's .tel Hosted Integration) which then displays the full contact details.

How about it Telrific - I'm guessing that you are the registrant of http://YellowSearch.org ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific03-31-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 21462)
    If you expect people to pay you money - and they don't already know you - you need to provide your contact details - simple as that !

Failure to provide contact details is a recipe for failure of any service that demands money be sent.

It still amazes me that some people trying to sell .tel domains have their Whois contact details set to Personal (which displays just registrant name) rather than Legal (which displays full contact details).

Surely the obvious thing is for the owner of http://YellowSearch.org to link to his/her .tel domain which displays their full contact details !

Mike Seaton

[size]

You posted just after the above reply obviously, legal prevents the direct link between the Yellow Search ® directory and the verification service.

;)[/size]

telrific03-31-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

How about it Telrific - I'm guessing that you are the registrant of http://YellowSearch.org ?

Mike Seaton

[size]

You obviously edited your post after the reply, so to answer your edit, absolutely !

Just like Mark Zuckerberg stands behind the Facebook trademark and services,
    I stand behind the Yellow Search trademark and services.

Whether a .TEL registrant uses the Better Business Bureau and a link to their .tel,
    or Yellowbook.com and link to their .tel, many will LOVE to have the ability to be associated
    with a service that doesn't cost them an arm and a leg to have some 3rd party credibility on their .tel page !

There are already so many .tel pages "financially chained" and making the others look less credible, 
    this is a great benefit and a low-cost equalizer for those who don't wish to spend more, 
    and more credible because there is more information verified.

You're welcome.

telrific03-31-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Surely the obvious thing is for the owner of http://YellowSearch.org to link to their .tel domain (or use Telnic's .tel Hosted Integration) which then displays the full contact details.
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    Anyone who knows anything about Trademarks knows that the information
    about who's behind it is NEVER a mystery, that's kinda the point of it all.

Try the USPTO next time you get the urge to see the obvious.

Check .tel and telpages while you're there !

;)[/size]

mikeseaton03-31-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 21465)
    Try the USPTO next time you get the urge to see the obvious.

[size]
    I know how to check trademark ownership - I do it all the time before registering or buying .tels - but you cannot assume that someone who is thinking of using your service at http://YellowSearch.org will have the knowledge, or inclination, to do the same !

To stand the best chance of getting someone to pay you money on the internet you need to have your contact details on the site that is asking for payment, or a clearly labelled contact link.

If you don't do this you may get a few people pay for your service, but you will be leaving a large amount of money on the table from those who expect contact details to be present on a site when they are parting with their hard-earned cash !

It's up to you of course - but to assume that a potential payer will look up your trademark details because your contact details are missing from your site is simply unrealistic !

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific03-31-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 21466)
    I know how to check trademark ownership - I do it all the time before registering or buying .tels - but you cannot assume that someone who is thinking of using your service at http://YellowSearch.org will have the knowledge, or inclination, to do the same !

To stand the best chance of getting someone to pay you money on the internet you need to have your contact details on the site that is asking for payment, or a clearly labelled contact link.

If you don't do this you may get a few people pay for your service, but you will be leaving a large amount of money on the table from those who expect contact details to be present on a site when they are parting with their hard-earned cash !

It's up to you of course - but to assume that a potential payer will look up your trademark details because your contact details are missing from your site is simply unrealistic !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    I know you do, but I can trade jabs too.

It is only a temporary site designed to serve those who are requesting it until a full site is completed.

It is a valuable service, and of course there will be more information in the near future, I am fully aware of that need too.

Facebook 1.0 is where it is, but it was fun jousting with those who having nothing better
    to do than (try to) tear down others ! I didn't choose it.

mikeseaton03-31-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 21467)
    It is only a temporary site designed to serve those who are requesting it until a full site is completed.

IFacebook 1.0 is where it is, but it was fun jousting with those who having nothing better
    to do than (try to) tear down others ! I didn't choose it.

[size]
    Eh ?

End of discussion !

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific03-31-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 21469)
    Eh ?

End of discussion !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Huh ?

:eek:

Blunderer tries to tear down a service that is more valuable and less costly than what others are already doing and paying more for on .tel domains today.

You state the obvious about the contact information when I as the owner knew long before today it could use, but doesn't need, 
    more information to be a useful service as is.

I state clearly I played for the jabs and you think you "got me" or something ?

Thanks for your help gentlemen, brilliant insight on all points.

dutchstreetdog03-31-2012 05:20 PM

i try to become a yellow name friend on www.yellownames.com (mobile version)
    But that button brings you nowere!?
    Or mabey you dont want mi as your friend:rolleyes:

telrific03-31-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 21471)
    i try to become a yellow name friend on www.yellownames.com (mobile version)
    But that button brings you nowere!?
    Or mabey you dont want mi as your friend:rolleyes:

[size]
    Dutchstreetdog, you're everyone's friend ! (I always like Blunderer and Mike's posts too).

Until you just brought it up, I was not even aware the Wix people put a mobile version
    of the Yellow Names website up ! Yellow Names doesn't even have a Facebook page to friend !

dutchstreetdog03-31-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 21474)
    Dutchstreetdog, you're everyone's friend ! (I always like Blunderer and Mike's posts too).

Until you just brought it up, I was not even aware the Wix people put a mobile version
    of the Yellow Names website up ! Yellow Names doesn't even have a Facebook page to friend !

[size]
    hahahahahhaha
    Well you make it in a second men![/size]

telrific03-31-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 21475)
    hahahahahhaha
    Well you make it in a second men!

[size]
    That was an UGLY mobile site ! I made it go away ! :eek:

Yellow Search has a page - https://www.facebook.com/yellowsearch

dutchstreetdog03-31-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 21476)
    That was an UGLY mobile site ! I made it go away ! :eek:

Yellow Search has a page - https://www.facebook.com/yellowsearch

[size]
    Yearhhhhh you now how to work your url[/size]

telrific03-31-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 21476)
    That was an UGLY mobile site ! I made it go away ! ... 

[size]
    Oh, and don't forget that yellownames.tel is the only mobile presence it needs anyway !

:D[/size]

boracay.tel03-31-2012 11:38 PM

So back to the icon as a contact entry???

Telnic, how does this service qualify for its own icon?
    Mark, and telcp, surely you bring a lot to the .tel community....I'd be getting your own icon ASAP.
    Mark, perhaps your little telvision settings is about to hit the big time (big icon time)

Aled04-02-2012 03:00 PM

Boracay, as always, if there are any icons that people would wish to have added they should submit them to us and they will be considered.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

http://Yellowsearch.org/ Empty Re: http://Yellowsearch.org/

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:02 pm

boracay.tel04-02-2012 03:11 PM

Please consider the ETSY.com icon, and the CRAFTSY.com icon.
    I have mentioned that in the pinterest thread.
    Should I submit the icons here as an inline graphic?

Aled04-02-2012 03:23 PM

Thanks Boracay, I've made a note of those request. Apologies that I forgot to mention so in the thread. No, there's no need to send the graphics at this stage thank you.

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 7:21 pm