The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+13
JH
Teler
Expert
Tim Spears
Sunrise
Telnot
maxi
Abh
Telminator
kprobe
Alex
fustachio.tel
JLouisBiz
17 posters

Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more

Poll

Alright Sir, thanks for this

[ 1 ]
    Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Bar_left11%Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Bar_left11%Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Bar_left78%Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Bar_right [78%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Empty Re: Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more

Post by Spocky 2013-06-17, 10:11 am

Wow! What a waste of money!
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more - Page 3 Empty Re: Drop your TEL domain and earn US $1 and more

Post by Sunrise 2013-06-17, 11:10 am

Nice action - not without influence for this: http://registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=TEL
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2013-06-17, 11:51 am

JH wrote:I'm going to drop 3,506 .tels.
    In comparison, that's one third of all Telnames.
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JH 2013-06-17, 3:11 pm

When creating my list above I was in a rush.
    It is only a first draft. I will delete more domains, but I will also renew a few.

It takes a lot of time to go through the complete portfolio of domains.
    I will keep you informed which and how many domains I will drop, but the number won't be smaller than announced.

J. Louis, How long your contest will remain open? Later I want to add more dropping domains.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-18, 4:05 pm

@JH - I thought I had too many .tels for the current Telnic/Telnames scenario - I am dropping many but keeping the premium and proven money-earners - but 3,506 .tel domains being dropped - presumably not your whole portfolio ?

You are obviously the TEL MAN !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JH 2013-06-19, 11:37 am

mikeseaton wrote:You are obviously the TEL MAN !
    Not anymore. I'm giving up.
    I've waited many years for the ability to develop my domains, but I didn't expect such a slow progress.

I regret my decision, but I'm happy to get this matter out of my mind now.
    Like you I will keep premium domains, but I don't take this business seriously anymore.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-20, 10:35 am

The .tel project cannot afford to have this continual exodus of key players like Jens (@JH), TELcp, Telrific, and so many others that have given up before !

Unless of course Telnic/Telnames believe they can build a SUSTAINABLE business just on the (mostly) internet newbies registering Telnames .tels at the moment ?

Nothing wrong with being a newbie of course - we all were at one time - but I get concerned when I notice day after day ServiceLocation.tel or LocationService.tel being registered on the obvious assumption that the business will be found in the search engines for the equivalent search.

It won't - not without a massive SEO effort, involving targeted internal links (see suggestion from @Boracay re automated subdomain links for Telnames) and targeted external links from directories such as the never delivered Tel Global Directory and many other external sources.

There is a danger of non-renewal of Telnames domains if they fail to win new business - though obviously this may take a year or two to be realised.

TELNAMES DOMAINS NEED SEO ACTION NOW - NOT LATER !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    NewYorkCity
    NewYorkCity
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by NewYorkCity 2013-06-26, 9:52 am

I recommend dropping as many domains as possible.

As soon the turnaround will be visible, the dropped domains can be registered again.

But during the next years registrants can save all the renewal fees.

It's very easy to see when the best time comes for buying domains again: as soon the registrations start increasing.

But as long the number of domains overall is shrinking, the danger is small somebody else will register the dropped domains.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-07-22, 7:53 am

JLouisBiz wrote:Send me your paypal address to my inbox.
    Please, click to the button "DONATE" at that page and you will be redirected my Paypal address.

Few more TELs were dropped, like riding, retrato, etc., but the total of $25 is OK.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-08-15, 8:02 am

HJ, have you got something from JLouisBiz for your dropped TEL? 

I have got not a penny from him.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-08-15, 8:16 am

Sorry guys, but nobody will ever see money from JLouisBiz. Why should he give money away for nothing?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 10:01 pm