The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

new redirection feature just released

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

new redirection feature just released Empty new redirection feature just released

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:17 am

dottel.net12-01-2011 01:55 PM

new redirection feature just released

hi folks - is there an api call to setup the tel to tel redirection mentioned in the headline note about the new features just released? or can this only be enabled currently via the cth?

thanks!

Aled12-01-2011 02:46 PM

Hi, it's not a specific setting, you just need to ensure that the .tel contains nothing but a link to the .tel it's forwarding to, so that kind of update can be made either using the cth or the API.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-01-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 19307)
    Hi, it's not a specific setting, you just need to ensure that the .tel contains nothing but a link to the .tel it's forwarding to, so that kind of update can be made either using the cth or the API.

[size]
    What does empty mean? No logo, no header, no freetext, just a single weblink or a goto ?
    Mark[/size]

rgolds12-01-2011 03:16 PM

I'd like to redirect to a subdomain within my .tel (goldstein.tel to ryan.goldstein.tel). I've deleted all content, leaving just the link to ryan.goldstein.tel, but it's not redirecting. According to the announcement, this should work for subdomains... any ideas?

Thanks,
    -Ryan

Aled12-01-2011 03:17 PM

That's correct - no ads, logo, title, header. Nothing apart from a GoTo link to the .tel you wish to forward to.

dottel.net12-01-2011 03:18 PM

did you check to see if all records have indeed been removed. namely things like long labels, etc that have their own records and wouldn't show up if the record they 'hung off' were removed.

rgolds12-01-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19316)
    did you check to see if all records have indeed been removed. namely things like long labels, etc that have their own records and wouldn't show up if the record they 'hung off' were removed.

[size]
    Thanks, I had a hidden "text header" that was acting as an SPF record for my domain. When I removed that, the redirection worked.

However, I really need to keep this header so that emails sent from my domain aren't marked as spam. Aled, would it be possible to refactor the code to permit SPF records while still maintaining the redirection? (Note: A previous update allowed setting SPF records for a domain by adding, for example, "v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com -all" as a text header, which set this as a TXT record in the DNS but hidden from the proxy-rendered page - so there should already be a way to differentiate this in the backend from other content.)

Thanks,
    -Ryan[/size]

mikeseaton12-01-2011 03:27 PM

Redirect feature is creating duplicate content !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgolds (Post 19313)
    I'd like to redirect to a subdomain within my .tel (goldstein.tel to ryan.goldstein.tel). I've deleted all content, leaving just the link to ryan.goldstein.tel, but it's not redirecting. According to the announcement, this should work for subdomains... any ideas?

[size]
    The redirect goldstein.tel to ryan.goldstein.tel is CREATING DUPLICATE CONTENT when viewed from my IE8 browser.

The original address goldstein.tel stays in the address bar after the redirect, so search engines will spider goldstein.tel andryan.goldstein.tel as having duplicate content !

Has this redirect procedure been thought through for SEO implications ?

Mike Seaton

PS. Ryan has now updated goldstein.tel so that no redirect takes place - but my comment obviously still applies to other .tels using this feature.[/size]

rgolds12-01-2011 03:33 PM

Yup, it certainly is creating duplicate content (well, was - I've reverted the changes to keep the SPF header). So now there are two suggestions for improvement:

1. Do a search engine friendly redirect (i.e. 301)
    2. Permit retaining SPF records in the DNS while still maintaining the redirection

[size]

Thanks,
    -Ryan[/size]

tindaya12-01-2011 03:51 PM

Someone has some domain with the redirection of .tel? Only to check it, how to work.

mikeseaton12-01-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 19324)
    Someone has some domain with the redirection of .tel? Only to check it, how to work.

[size]
    I was going to set several of my currently unused .tels to redirect using this feature, but I certainly won't until the duplicate content issue is sorted out.

I have no desire to move the Target URL down, or even worse get it deleted from, the search engine listings !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Aled12-01-2011 04:50 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback. As can be seen from the conversation, there is no one size fits all solution. At present is that this functionality has been made available for a number of different reasons and for different use cases. We chose the best possible solution and will continue to seek ways we can improve what has been implemented. The bottom line is that this additional optional functionality can be utilized if you so wish.

mikeseaton12-01-2011 05:04 PM

Aled, what I don't understand is why the Source URL stays in the address bar after the redirect - this is going to lead anyone who uses this new redirect feature to a duplicate content penalty and potentially having their Target URL de-indexed by the search engines !

As the owner of a large number of .com and .co domains I often use redirects, both 302 (Temporary) and 301 (Permanent), and whichever method I use the Target URL always appears in the address bar after the redirect.

Mike Seaton

wibblenut12-01-2011 06:38 PM

Just had a quick look and it's not really a 301/302 redirection, but a straightforward render and 200 response.

Also it doesn't seem to work for sub-domains, e.g. test.andy.tel doesn't render andy.tel.

maximka12-01-2011 06:51 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

can12-01-2011 07:01 PM

Yes,you can get 2 Chinese IDN just pay one.

mikeseaton12-01-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19331)
    Just had a quick look and it's not really a 301/302 redirection, but a straightforward render and 200 response...

[size]
    That would explain

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19330)
    ...why the Source URL stays in the address bar after the redirect...

[size]
    Why on earth don't Telnic use the expertise on this forum to comment on planned developments and then Beta test them before release ?

As it stands, unsuspecting .tel users may end up getting their Target URLs de-indexed !

Mike Seaton[/size]

unlocktel12-01-2011 08:07 PM

Dont get it.

I realy wish i knew what your all talking about.
    No wonder people stick with facebook

dutchstreetdog12-01-2011 11:10 PM

Hahahahaha
    I link everything togheter And Dont care if it is a 301, 302, 850! with or without injection!
    Thats also a way boys.

supercyberheroes12-02-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19310)
    What does empty mean? No logo, no header, no freetext, just a single weblink or a goto ?
    Mark

[size]
    Redirect Your Defensive .Tel Domains

by Michele Neylon on DECEMBER 1, 2011 in DOMAINS, DOTTEL

inShare

Image via CrunchBase
    Defensive domain registrations can be quite “painful” to manage. If you’re trying to protect your brand or identity online you can easily end up registering quite a few alternatives to your main domain. With “normal” domain names this isn’t too much of an issue to manage, as you can point one domain at another, so if you go to blacknight.ie you’ll end up on blacknight.com, same thing would happen with blacknight.eu or any of the other variants we’ve registered.

With .tel domains, however, this isn’t something that either you the registrant or us the registrar could do. Not even if we’d wanted to, as the entire thing is hosted on the Telnic servers.

Now that has changed.

If you have a few defensive .tel domain name registrations you can easily point them to your main .tel domain name.

For example, we use the domain blacknight.tel and have populated it with contact details. We also have the domain blacknightdomains.tel that we got, but aren’t ever going to use actively

How?

Login to the Telhosting system with your username and password.

Choose the domain you want to point at your main domain, in our case I chose blacknightdomains.tel

In order for a .tel domain name to resolve it needs to have records associated with it, so we automatically populate all .tel domain names during registration. In order to get the redirect to work you will first need to remove all the content.

So delete the “header text” and save. Then you’ll need to create a link to the .tel that you want to point to.

If there are no other records or objects such as the map setup then the redirect should work.

Allow about 15 minutes or so for the changes to “kick in”

Related articles

Combining Domains And Location Via RSS.me (rss.me)
    V.me Goes To Visa (internetnews.me)

About Michele Neylon
    Known for his outspoken opinions on technology and the Internet, Michele Neylon is the award winning author of several blogs and co-host of the Technology.ie podcast. A thought leader in the Internet community, Neylon is active with ICANN and an expert on policy, security, ICANN, Nominet and Internet Governance.
    View all posts by Michele Neylon →
    Connect With Us

This a blog from that guy, could be your answer

Regards

http://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

new redirection feature just released Empty Re: new redirection feature just released

aliencafe12-02-2011 02:25 AM

@super

Great informative post! Thank you-

teltheworld12-02-2011 01:31 PM

When it is said you have to remove all Content for the Re-direct to work, does that include your Contact Information, which I thought you were required to have. ie your email address.

dialaroom12-02-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 19355)
    When it is said you have to remove all Content for the Re-direct to work, does that include your Contact Information, which I thought you were required to have. ie your email address.

[size]
    I believe you just need 1 record on a .tel for it to exist, for a redirect that needs to simply be a "Goto" to the .tel you want it to re-direct to. Any other type of record will negate the re-direct and make it stand-alone.[/size]

Justin Hayward12-02-2011 01:51 PM

teltheworld, a Link to a .tel NAPTR record is a piece of contact information so that is all that is required. It's really only public contact information that needs to be removed; if you still want to use that domain for email for example, the MX records can be kept and this will not affect the service.

tindaya12-02-2011 02:03 PM

I'm trying to redirec http://literatura.tel to http://libros.tel I have removed (I think???) all records, but Doesn´t work (was 20 minutes ago). How I Know from the CTH that I have removed all records???

Justin Hayward12-02-2011 02:20 PM

Hi tindaya, you have put a weblink in rather than the Go to a .tel Link, which appears at the bottom of the drop-down box. If you change that, it should re-direct.

tindaya12-02-2011 02:39 PM

Now I´m trying to change it, but I go to the botton, and there in spanish is "ir a un .tel" (I think is the same that goto .tel), but there if I put libros.tel I get and error, because the valor must be a number: valor (p. ej. +15557988888)

The error is: Nombre de dominio no válido. ok (domain name error, I suppose because wait a number valor, not a link)

teltheworld12-02-2011 02:59 PM

Thank you Dialaroom@Justin

Justin as I am not a 'Techie' I don't even know what NAPTR record is, so please could you explain in laymans terms what might be so obvious to others.

Justin Hayward12-02-2011 04:32 PM

Sorry teltheworld. A Naptr record is any piece of contact information. A LOC record is a location and a TXT record is free text. Those are the major types of records stored in a .tel.

Rather than edit your web link tindaya, choose a new contact type, choose the Go to a .tel link which you found, type in the URL and save, then delete the other weblink. This should then work for you.

mikeseaton12-02-2011 04:45 PM

Redirect creates Duplicate Content

As Jens says just have a "Go To Tel" link and do not put anything in the title or other fields - the redirect will then work OK.

But you will be CREATING DUPLICATE CONTENT as the Source URL and Target URL will both have identical content when spidered by the search engine robots.

This redirect facility should be a 301 or 302 redirect, where the Source URL is replaced by the Target URL, so there is no duplicate content.

If you go ahead with this redirect you may be lucky and suffer no ill effects for a while, but once the search engines pick up the DUPLICATE CONTENT your Target URL will at best suffer a downgrade in your search engine rankings, or may even be deletedfrom the search engine.

Don't say you weren't warned about this !

Mike Seaton

teltheworld12-02-2011 05:37 PM

Hi Justin

Many Thanks but its still going over my head

If I wanted to Re-direct Tel (A) to Tel (B)

Could the minimum contact info or NAPTR record as you call it

be something as simple as a Go To on: Tel (A) on the actual Tel (A) itself? so it kind of goes round in circles.

Justin Hayward12-02-2011 05:41 PM

Hi teltheworld

No, because we've built logic to avoid circular re-directs. If a .tel refers to itself, then it will simply display.

dialaroom12-02-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 19374)
    Hi Justin

Could the minimum contact info or NAPTR record as you call it be something as simple as a Go To on: Tel (A) on the actual Tel (A) itself? so it kind of goes round in circles.

[size]
    Good Question.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward;
    No, because we've built logic to avoid circular re-directs. If a .tel refers to itself, then it will simply display.

[size]
    Good Answer

I have seen quite a few .tels with just Goto to the same .tel[/size]

Serg12-02-2011 06:13 PM

After the transition (when the URL is not changed) Adsense can ban!
    (If you do not explicit URL in the settings of Adsense). Maybe it's a phobia, but after mass ban from Google (monopoly on advertising .Tel) you do not know how to protect themselves.

mikeseaton12-02-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serg (Post 19378)
    After the transition (when the URL is not changed) Adsense can ban!

[size]
    Good point Serg, AdSense has been known to ban a domain permanently from displaying its ads because its spider has detectedduplicate content.

I believe the AdSense spider is a different one from the Googlebot search engine spider, but it may be they share information - who knows ? 

Mike Seaton[/size]

maximka12-02-2011 06:34 PM

Serg12-02-2011 06:54 PM

After click on a domain that does not have a site - likely ban. This may be after checking Google or complaints advertiser.
    Similarly, when webproxy.nic.tel that appears in the URL after the search on the site. The only salvation for the URL list to restrict which displays ads, but then the income from such a transition will not happen.

mikeseaton12-02-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19380)
    So, what redirect is better for us, 301 or 302?

[size]
    301 is a Permanent redirect and will result in the Source URL being de-indexed. Useful if you have no plans to develop the Source domain and actually want to remove any old SE listings.

302 is a Temporary redirect and will keep the Source URL still indexed. Useful if you want to develop the Source domain but are just redirecting whilst you find the time to do so.

The advantage of a 301 redirect over a 302 redirect is that the "link juice" is transferred to the Target URL, so increasing its rankings in the search engines. The advantage of a 302 redirect over a 301 is that the Source URL is not de-indexed.

As an example, I am shortly to transfer my site http://www.BoatSearchWorldwide.com to a new domain namehttp://www.BoatSearchEngine.com

I will use 301 Permanent redirects on all the ad pages, so that the http://UK.BoatSearchWorldwide.com/boats.asp etc. ad pages are removed from the search engines and replaced by the new http://UK.BoatSearchEngine.com/boats.asp ad pages, with the "link juice" being transferred as well.

I will use 302 Temporary redirects on my individual country home pages such as http://US.BoatSearchWorldwide.com until I am sure that the corresponding http://US.BoatSearchEngine.com etc. home pages rank about as high in the search engines - my country-based home pages bring in quite a lot of new visitors.

I will use no redirect on the overall home page http://www.BoatSearchWorldwide.com since I will have a "For Sale" sign on this page once the site transfer is completed.

Mike Seaton[/size]

tindaya12-02-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 19368)
    Rather than edit your web link tindaya, choose a new contact type, choose the Go to a .tel link which you found, type in the URL and save, then delete the other weblink. This should then work for you.

[size]
    OK, this is the trick, first create the new "go to .tel" and after that, delete the rest of the records.

Now work, literatura is redirect to libros

In spanish, I have written it in: http://dominiotel.blogspot.com/2011/...minio-tel.html
    Thanks[/size]

tindaya12-02-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19372)
    As Jens says just have a "Go To Tel" link and do not put anything in the title or other fields - the redirect will then work OK.

But you will be CREATING DUPLICATE CONTENT as the Source URL and Target URL will both have identical content when spidered by the search engine robots.

This redirect facility should be a 301 or 302 redirect, where the Source URL is replaced by the Target URL, so there is no duplicate content.

If you go ahead with this redirect you may be lucky and suffer no ill effects for a while, but once the search engines pick up the DUPLICATE CONTENT your Target URL will at best suffer a downgrade in your search engine rankings, or may even be deleted from the search engine.

Don't say you weren't warned about this !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    And what´s on, if you redirect your domain, to a Domain of the competence? Will be a problem for the competence? Google will index your domain, with the pages of the competence?[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

new redirection feature just released Empty Re: new redirection feature just released

Live12-03-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 19328)
    As can be seen from the conversation, there is no one size fits all solution.

[size]
    Before you realize more changes in the future, could you please ask the customers first what they want - especially if you are not aware about the consequences? Thank you! You have very active forum members here. Why you don't accept their help? The current redirect solution can't be the final state as Mike explained the disadvantages! Best would have been if you had realized an option for all 3 possibilities: 301 redirect, 302 redirect or masked forwarding (as it is possible for all other TLDs, too)! At least you could have asked Mark or Mike in advance; they would have explained the differences to you before the wrong implementation![/size]

dutchstreetdog12-03-2011 03:58 AM

Who needs a search engine!
    If you are realy realy realy good you dont need a search engine to make your domain a sucses !
    who is searching for YouTube, Google, CocaCola, or BBC, in a search engine ?
    I make my domains a sucses with or without a search engine !

tindaya12-03-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live (Post 19388)
    3 possibilities: 301 redirect, 302 redirect or masked forwarding (as it is possible for all other TLDs, too)! !

[size]
    This is very complex to me. One question:
    And now is masked forwarding?

To have no duplicate content, what would be the best of the 3 possibilities????[/size]

Live12-03-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 19389)
    If you are realy realy realy good you dont need a search engine to make your domain a sucses !

[size]
    Ha ha! You're so right! Who needs a search engine to find your website? Everybody can use their intuition to find it! Good luck![/size]

Live12-03-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 19392)
    This is very complex to me. One question:
    And now is masked forwarding?

[size]
    Indeed, this is a complex topic, why it's better to make a research before realizing just the solution which appears to be the easiest from the technical point of view (like it happened now): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_redirection BTW Telnic have realized the masked forwarding![/size]

maximka12-03-2011 02:14 PM

maximka12-03-2011 02:19 PM

tindaya12-03-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19397)
    In my comp literatura does not redirect to libros. May be that description, which is a piece of info also (violet arrow) prevent it from redirect.http://plaukai.webasyst.net/photos/f...7df9b8efe0e4b3

[size]
    Thanks... Exactly, now is not redirect because Mikeseaton says to us: "Don't say you weren't warned about this !" so, I took off the redirection, but during one day was working. And now, we must wait to a better solution, that I´m secure that will come, but I don´t know when.[/size]

supercyberheroes12-03-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 19389)

[size]
    Mate, I disagree with you, cocacola, BBC etc are big brand names, but they still use all kind of trick to be in the first page on any search site, can you image someone typing soft drink and coca cola is not in the first page, they will start to be in trouble. We are small investors trying to get extra money, without search no one can ever find us, at less if you want to put millions of dollars on ads. We must need to be on search machines.

Regards

http://businessdirect.tel[/size]

mikeseaton12-03-2011 11:42 PM

Redirect Checker

Here's a useful tool to check what type of redirect is being applied to a page - http://www.internetofficer.com/seo-tool/redirect-check

Mike Seaton

can12-04-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19413)
    Here's a useful tool to check what type of redirect is being applied to a page - http://www.internetofficer.com/seo-tool/redirect-check

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Hi,Mike
    I try to check my redirected .tel. But the result shows "direct link".
    What happened?[/size]

dutchstreetdog12-04-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 19407)
    Mate, I disagree with you, cocacola, BBC etc are big brand names, but they still use all kind of trick to be in the first page on any search site, can you image someone typing soft drink and coca cola is not in the first page, they will start to be in trouble. We are small investors trying to get extra money, without search no one can ever find us, at less if you want to put millions of dollars on ads. We must need to be on search machines.

Regards

http://businessdirect.tel

[size]
    Well what i am trying to say is that it would bey Nice when DotTel i So nown that people automaticly now where to find the good stuff www.taxi.tel www.scheveningen.tel www.escort.tel So instead of making a quiery to a search engine the must make a quiery to a DotTel!
    I think thats the whole idear and purpose of DotTel direct and targeted data
    This takes time, but is not imposseble !
    And today Facebook blocked my account, So. The also may eat a banana !
    I dont like those things you cant controle, such as search engine, facebook, etc etc working for weaks And the trow you out in a eye blink
    But nobody can take away my TEL there i am the Boss, onley mabey my provider that forgets to renewe[/size]

teltheworld12-04-2011 11:57 AM

Many Thanks Justin

teltheworld12-04-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 19377)
    Good Question.

Good Answer

I have seen quite a few .tels with just Goto to the same .tel

[size]
    Hi dialaroom

It's getting a bit too techi for me and maybe one or two others especially as just like yourself I have seen a good many .Tels that only have 'go to' links.

As such I would love to know what I should put on my .Tel as a contact record.[/size]

mikeseaton12-04-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can (Post 19414)
    Hi,Mike
    I try to check my redirected .tel. But the result shows "direct link".
    What happened?

[size]
    What's the URL of the .tel you are trying to check ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

dialaroom12-05-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 19417)
    Hi dialaroom

It's getting a bit too techi for me and maybe one or two others especially as just like yourself I have seen a good many .Tels that only have 'go to' links.

As such I would love to know what I should put on my .Tel as a contact record.

[size]
    If your goto record points to itself, then it will display itself, if the goto points to another .tel and that is the only piece of information on it, it re-directs to that .tel. Hmmm... I think!

However, I really don't see the point of doing either. If your going to go to the trouble of adding a record, you may as well add a title and a description with a web link to your other site, at least that way you are getting it indexed and adding a backlink and giving some age to your site.

All this talk of 301, 302 etc. passing the link juice from one site to another is far too techi for me too.

Basically what I loved at first, about .tel and still do, was you could have an unhosted means of adding content to the web, be it your own or any body elses, for a tenner a year. 

Ask your self what else you can get that is better value. Still love the old template, and notice after all the controversy, a lot of people are using it. Hey I'm happy with .tel. Every technology and software has it's limits, the skill for me is working with those limits at the time to produce something of your own.[/size]

teltheworld12-05-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 19430)
    If your goto record points to itself, then it will display itself, if the goto points to another .tel and that is the only piece of information on it, it re-directs to that .tel. Hmmm... I think!

However, I really don't see the point of doing either. If your going to go to the trouble of adding a record, you may as well add a title and a description with a web link to your other site, at least that way you are getting it indexed and adding a backlink and giving some age to your site.

All this talk of 301, 302 etc. passing the link juice from one site to another is far too techi for me too.

Basically what I loved at first, about .tel and still do, was you could have an unhosted means of adding content to the web, be it your own or any body elses, for a tenner a year. 

Ask your self what else you can get that is better value. Still love the old template, and notice after all the controversy, a lot of people are using it. Hey I'm happy with .tel. Every technology and software has it's limits, the skill for me is working with those limits at the time to produce something of your own.

[size]
    Hi dialaroom

Many Thanks

I am with you on that one and think that too much 'geek speak' is putting Jo and Joanne Public off, I still don't know what I am allowed to put on there to make the re direct work.[/size]

dialaroom12-05-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 19440)
    Hi dialaroom

Many Thanks

I am with you on that one and think that too much 'geek speak' is putting Jo and Joanne Public off, I still don't know what I am allowed to put on there to make the re direct work.

[size]
    Haven't tried, but as I understand it, add a "Goto" record to the .tel you want to re-direct to, delete every thing else, that's on it, job done.[/size]

TelRise12-05-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 19430)

Ask your self what else you can get that is better value. Still love the old template, and notice after all the controversy, a lot of people are using it. Hey I'm happy with .tel. Every technology and software has it's limits, the skill for me is working with those limits at the time to produce something of your own.

[size]
    I agree completely for redirection. A simple solution, with no complications.[/size]

dutchstreetdog12-05-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelRise (Post 19456)
    I agree completely for redirection. A simple solution, with no complications.

[size]
    Yes mi to!
    I love it And i am not Bill Gates so for mi its good to use!
    I have about 5 domains linked true and it feels So good!
    And traffic is getting better and better[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 1:33 pm