The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

Considerations of an end user

silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3
    Warning level : 100 %

Considerations of an end user Empty Considerations of an end user

Post by silvano 2017-04-01, 3:50 pm

I am an end user, not a domainer. I registered my first .tel domain on April 4, 2010. I have only 8 .tel domains that I developed for hobby, not profit.

In those days I liked the idea of registering and developing .tel domains because were still available some of the keywords I was interested and because I should not worry on the creation of the related sites. My experiences of web-design had stopped at the times of Geocities and Xoom, someone remember?

Now, seven years after my first registrations and two weeks after the .tel big crunch, we have a thousand new extensions and a series of online and offline applications and programs that make it easy to create a website, so I took some decisions about my .tel domains and sites.

silvanogarello.tel and silvano-garello.tel - My name/surname. I registered them for building my personal website, with subdirectories. Over the years I have registered both the .com and the .it , the combination my_name / my_surname is available in all the “universe” extensions and now I’m able to create a simple website. I have no more reason to keep the new .tels that I consider too limited and with a ugly design.

salea.tel - Salea is a small village of five hundred inhabitants where was born my mother. I had registered and put some data to amuse her. When OVH was out with its domain and offered the possibility to its customers to register for free 5 domains, I took salea.ovh and made a mini-site, I think cute, with pictures and slideshows. Given the very small cost of .ovh domains and the free hosting that I found, I will let expire salea.tel and I will maintain salea.ovh .

liguria.tel and ligury.tel – were two directories. I decided to abandon them. I will keep these two domains for another year to inform visitors of the closure of sites, then I will let expire “ligury” and perhaps I will keep “liguria” which is registered under a lot of extensions and it seems to be sold as premium in several new extensions.

358.tel and newsletter.tel - Registered and never developed due to lack of time. I will keep for a little, seeing if they take any value.

albenga.tel - my town, developed into an active directory always maintained and updated. While I wait to see if it comes out some viable solution to restore the site from backup files, I’m working on a site with the data of the old albenga.tel. The site is temporarily under albenga.ovh (and albenga.tel redirects here) while I’m deciding under what extension I will put it permanently; I'm currently thinking about “.directory”

So of my eight .tel domains, in the end it will keep four, for now.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Considerations of an end user Empty Re: Considerations of an end user

Post by maxi 2017-04-02, 11:43 am

silvano wrote:The site is temporarily under аlbenga.ovh (and аlbenga.tel redirects here) while I’m deciding under what extension I will put it permanently; I'm currently thinking about “.directory”

Extention .directory (in my opinion) may be good if Google will "understand" that sites at this extension naturally will have many outbound links, and will "grant privilege" to this extention to have them - as it was with TELs.

But the renewal price is not very cheap. And who knows, how long this newTLD extension will exist in surroundings of other 1500 competitors, and how long they could live without drastically rise of their prices?

I personally would prefer to have some "stable" extension - COM, NET or ORG. May be, ORG or .IT are for sale?

Or, may be, it would be simpler to leave existing directory on .ovh, and on Albenga_tel (Telnames hosting) to do 20 "buttons"-links, which will lead to Albenga_ovh?

For example, buttons on TEL:

"Accolturarsi"
    "Agricoltura"
    "Associazionismo"
    "Comprare"

etc.

In this way both sites will work together.
    silvano wrote:liguriа.tel and ligurу.tel – were two directories. I decided to abandon them.
    You can make at your аlbenga.ovh a separate section and put where your old data from ligurу.tel. It may bring SEO profit to аlbenga.ovh.
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2017-04-03, 4:48 pm

Thanks Maxi.

"Extention.directory… But the renewal price is not very cheap. And who knows, how long this newTLD extension will exist… and how long they could live without drastically rise of their prices?”

That's why I kept my five .ovh domains: only 3 euro and a Registry who lives not only selling its domains.

“I personally would prefer to have some "stable" extension - COM, NET or ORG. May be, ORG or .IT are for sale?”

I know the owners of the COM, NET, IT domains and are not for sale. Of ORG I know nothing but it would not be cheap.

“Or, may be, it would be simpler to leave existing directory on .ovh, and on Albenga_tel (Telnames hosting) to do 20 "buttons"-links, which will lead to Albenga_ovh?”

I will consider the idea.

Again, Thanks, Maxi
    Gibbs
    Gibbs

Post by Gibbs 2017-04-03, 6:08 pm

If Telnic raises its prices, TEL is doomed. Actually if they really knew business they would be lowering prices for a couple of years. Go dirt cheap, advertise,  and Let people build their Telnames site. Its the only way. They have to be aggressive or start building full sites.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 4:07 am