The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
maxi
Teler
6 posters

2012 was another successful year for .tel

Teler
    Teler

Warning level : Banned

2012 was another successful year for .tel  Empty 2012 was another successful year for .tel

Post by Teler 2012-12-11, 1:41 pm

Registration numbers dropped from 313,359 to 244,000

Telnic could survive without doing any work

Instead of providing old customers what they need, Telnic launched Telnames and increased the retail price dramatically

Telnic is the first company in the world that doesn't give any explanations why 1 identical product needs to be produced by 2 different companies

Telnic guaranteed that old customers don't get access to the improved template from Telnames

Although Telnic made all customers angry with their policy, .tel has still more registrations than after launch in 2009

Telnic could manage to keep silent and fight against the overwhelming amount of requests for giving a statement

The management, developers and marketing people from Telnic have just disappeared and nothing was heard from them ever again

For the first time in history of the internet a top-level-domain has a registry acting with 2 different company names

ICANN is investigating against Telnic and Telnames for violation of legal agreements

You have to agree that .tel had an exciting time this year

I'm looking forward to more thrilling stories in 2013
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

2012 was another successful year for .tel  Empty Re: 2012 was another successful year for .tel

Post by maxi 2012-12-11, 3:38 pm

Teler wrote:2012 was another successful year for .tel
    Just today the same idea came to me also - that it was a successful year for Telnic's people. They had nice jobs and had nice salaries. May be that some of them even doubled their salaries with invention and launch of Telnames Ltd. At summer time they all had nice vacations. So, by my mind, we can say without any hesitation that they really are successful people.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

2012 was another successful year for .tel  Empty Re: 2012 was another successful year for .tel

Post by Sunrise 2012-12-11, 7:48 pm

@maxi

So it is!
    Of course only customers have a reason to complain because of the lack of service.
    Instead Telnic is doing fine by earning enough from their renewal fees!
    No need to complain for them!
    Teler
    Teler

Warning level : Banned

Post by Teler 2012-12-13, 12:42 am

The best thing Telnic can do is to keep quiet

If Telnic would admit there is no plan to improve the service for .tel, more customers would run away

Even the strongest believers in .tel like Mike would drop their last domains
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-12-14, 10:52 am

Teler wrote:The best thing Telnic can do is to keep quiet

If Telnic would admit there is no plan to improve the service for .tel, more customers would run away

Even the strongest believers in .tel like Mike would drop their last domains
    I have actually dropped over 1000 Telnic subdomain .tels !

My personal view is that there will be NO more significant development to Telnic .tel templates or features, save from the odd bug fix and tidy up.

So the ONLY game in town for .tel is now the Telnames single-page format - look at all the marketing that is being done for .tel and it's totally about Telnames - the original Telnic subdomain .tels never get a mention.

What will be interesting is how long it takes for Telnic .tel registrars to get so p****d off with the fact that they as retailers are competing with their supplier (Telnic Ltd via its wholly-owned subsidiary Telnames Ltd) that they decide to drop .tel - particularly in view of the 1000+ new gTLDs coming soon which all require registrars for effective marketing.

Telnic/Telnames are NOT stupid - they know that retailers in ANY business get very annoyed if their supplier sets up in competition with them - particularly when the supplier is offering what many consider a superior product that is denied to the retailers !

So it seems that Telnic/Telnames are prepared to gamble that they can go it alone, just relying on Telnames VARs and the hard-to-notice Telnames Affiliates as .tel promoters, plus of course their own "direct sell" videos and TV ads.

I've transferred some key domains to Telnames, will be transferring some others, and will let more of my original Telnic subdomain .tels drop unless sold - though still keeping some very useful ones for long-tail SEO linking to sister .com sites.

I'm also focussing on software aimed at the new gTLDs - there are major opportunities for software developers here if you can successfully analyse how the domain game is going to change beyond all recognition in the next couple of years.

So .tel is still important to me - but I'm not going to let it dominate my internet activities as perhaps I have too much in the past !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-12-14, 11:53 am

They "the 3rd party re-seller registrars" should stop trying to shovel ice cream down our throats just to make a quick profit and surly should allegedly stop whining when someone comes along in competition even if it's telnic's right hand, it wont wash no matter how many rinse and repeat one time customers they get as trying to sell us ice cream is just making us more angry and who'd want us directed at their registry?

-

We're not stupid we know what we want and as tel has been out more than long enough to dig into those ideas floating around and make a proxy worthy of our money not to do so and cry about telnames taking "imaginary" business is dumb, if all they do is complain when any registrar can make a proxy and implement it with so many new interesting features, they can go back to the bottom draw of useless companies and fail themselves as they're offering nothing and asking for everything.

Last edited by fustachio.tel on 2012-12-14, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2012-12-14, 11:54 am

i get calls every day from my dot tel .....and it makes money for me but telnames nothing.

So don't be to hasty to get shut.

long tail words with call to action number is all my customers are interested in .
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-12-14, 6:33 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I have actually dropped over 1000 Telnic subdomain .tels !
    I think that it is a very wise decision. As we all learned about it in few years time, the investment in Telnic looks like a very risky thing, so it is safer not to be over-optimistic about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 10:09 am