The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames

JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames Empty Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames

Post by JH 2012-12-27, 3:49 am

Telnic:

1.) If I open the control panel, I get the error message "Google Maps failed to load".
    Since months it's impossible to insert or change a location.
    2.) If I redirect a .com (or any other domain different than .tel) to a .tel and open the .tel (via the .com) on my cell phone, I don't get the mobile view.
    Instead the font size is very small and the layout is destroyed.

Telnames:

3.) The automatic language translation from English into the user browser language shows spelling mistakes.
    As example "Share this .tel" is translated with "Diesen .tel teilen" which is terrible German.
    Since it's very confusing to have 2 languages on a .tel (the data in the language from the domain administrator and the language from the automatic language translation for the fixed text modules), it would be much better to display all text in the language of the domain administrator instead.
    The problem with spelling mistakes would be solved, too. This concerns Telnic and Telnames.
    ntervu
    ntervu
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames Empty Re: Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames

Post by ntervu 2012-12-27, 7:32 am

Jens...

1. Is it possible that your Pop-up blocker is blocking the maps function to load? I have discovered that depending on the browser used, I sometimes have to click on the security option located in the url bar to allow the maps to load.

2. Is it possible that "redirection of another extension to a .Tel" experiences issues based on the type of Redirection method being used? A permanent redirection certainly has different behavior than a temporary redirection.

Thanks

Last edited by ntervu on 2012-12-27, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : repetitive wording)
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames Empty Re: Technical mistakes at Telnic and Telnames

Post by hulltv 2012-12-27, 10:23 am

i have no proplem with google chrome with maps with tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-12-27, 12:03 pm

JH wrote:2.) If I redirect a .com (or any other domain different than .tel) to a .tel and open the .tel (via the .com) on my cell phone, I don't get the mobile view.
    Instead the font size is very small and the layout is destroyed.
    Hi Jens,

I have http://www.MikeSeaton.com (MikeSeaton.com is currently only used for email) set up to be a 302 Temporary Redirect to http://MikeSeaton.tel - try clicking http://www.MikeSeaton.com and see what happens ?

If you still get the Desktop view rather than the Mobile one then I suspect what is occurring is that your cell phone is not being interpreted by Telnic logic as a smartphone (or any other type of phone).

If the problem still happens with the above test, I would post on the Telnic forum details of your phone's make, model and operating system version so that Telnic can check the smartphone detection logic for that particular combination.

I note you've been actively buying up some of mine and other investors Telnic .tels that we have not renewed - good luck with them !

Happy New Year !

http://MikeSeaton.com
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JH 2012-12-27, 12:14 pm

ntervu wrote:Jens...

1. Is it possible that your Pop-up blocker is blocking the maps function to load? I have discovered that depending on the browser used, I sometimes have to click on the security option located in the url bar to allow the maps to load.

2. Is it possible that "redirection of another extension to a .Tel" experiences issues based on the type of Redirection method being used? A permanent redirection certainly has different behavior than a temporary redirection.

Thanks
    Problem number 1 I had with different computers and different browsers, but I kept searching and find another computer / browser combination where the problem didn't appear.

A permanent redirect solves problem number 2. Good to know!

Thank you very much for the help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 1:32 pm