The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Making Money using Click For Call on Dot Tel Domains

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Making Money using Click For Call on Dot Tel Domains Empty Making Money using Click For Call on Dot Tel Domains

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:33 am

mikeseaton05-21-2011 04:52 PM

Making Money using Click For Call on Dot Tel Domains

Does anyone have experience of monetising their .tel domain using Click-For-Call ?

What I am looking for is something with the universal appeal and ease-of-use of Google AdSense i.e. a click-for-call setup that has a large number of advertisers ready and waiting to place their phone numbers on domains that match their business area.

I would be looking for payment consolidation as practised by affiliate portals such as Commission Junction and TradeDoubler, so that the revenue from different advertisers is added together and paid as one payment. 

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton05-21-2011 05:44 PM

MobyAffiliates.com

Just came across this site http://mobyaffiliates.com - looks like it could be a good source of information - interesting article on "Mobile Pay Per Call and Click to Call Advertising" at http://www.mobyaffiliates.com/blog/m...ll-advertising

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton05-21-2011 05:54 PM

Google’s New “Pay per Call” Mobile Ads

...info on this can be found in the article http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/...obile-ads-4865

To quote the article:

Google’s pitch to advertisers is that “your location-speciic business phone number will display alongside your destination url in ads that appear on high-end mobile devices. Users will be able to click-to-call your business just as easily as they click to visit your website. You’ll be charged for clicks to call, same as you are for clicks to visit your website.”

A question for Telnic - Will we be able to use this Google ad format of "URL + Phone No." click options in the next release of the smartphone proxy?

Mike Seaton

telrific05-21-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14803)
    Does anyone have experience of monetising their .tel domain using Click-For-Call ?

What I am looking for is something with the universal appeal and ease-of-use of Google AdSense i.e. a click-for-call setup that has a large number of advertisers ready and waiting to place their phone numbers on domains that match their business area.

I would be looking for payment consolidation as practised by affiliate portals such as Commission Junction and TradeDoubler, so that the revenue from different advertisers is added together and paid as one payment. 

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    I have been using and have spoken of RingRevenue.com

Commission Junction is participating.

Is this the type that you're looking for ?

:confused:[/size]

mikeseaton05-21-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 14807)
    I have been using and have spoken of RingRevenue.com

[size]
    Thanks for the info Telrific - will look into it - can you quote one of your .tel domains as an example of using them?

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific05-21-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14808)
    Thanks for the info Telrific - will look into it - can you quote one of your .tel domains as an example of using them?

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Sure, one I setup and mentioned recently was http://www.hiv-testing.tel

It's gotten calls and money has been earned using Ring Revenue.

It was used as an example of paypercall/text-to-affiliate/ad-to-affiliate - showing all three revenue-generating styles on 1 .tel domain.

:cool:[/size]

tindaya05-22-2011 02:50 PM

If I want to put the ring revenue in my dottel, What I must select in the application form?
    other, adseeneverywhere, commission junction, CUnet , google affliliate, leadclick...

telrific05-22-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 14811)
    If I want to put the ring revenue in my dottel, What I must select in the application form?
    other, adseeneverywhere, commission junction, CUnet , google affliliate, leadclick...

[size]
    In most cases the way it works is that you need the Affiliate Network relationship(s) first.

That is, first you sign up with at least one performance marketing network first.

My first affiliate relationship was with Commission Junction for Text/Image affiliate marketing.

Then I signed up for PayPerCall when RingRevenue launched, using my relationship with Commission Junction.

So, I have a Commission Junction account and a RingRevenue account tied to Commission Junction.

When you apply to receive a number, most want you to sign up for the Text/Image stuff first anyway, 
    so a good account with someone like Commission Junction is needed anyway.

This is because Advertisers of PayPerCall have limited Telephone Numbers to give out,
    so they like to see a history of performance prior to approval and giving a Telephone Number, plus a comparison with Text/Image ads.

So, long story short (I know, too late), get a relationship with one of the Networks first, then sign up with RingRevenue after. 
    Then highlight that relationship on the RingRevenue application.

Bit of a long process, but then you will have many Text/Image/PayPerCall options for your .tel domains !

:)[/size]

supercyberheroes05-23-2011 11:48 AM

Pay per call CJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 14813)
    In most cases the way it works is that you need the Affiliate Network relationship(s) first.

That is, first you sign up with at least one performance marketing network first.

My first affiliate relationship was with Commission Junction for Text/Image affiliate marketing.

Then I signed up for PayPerCall when RingRevenue launched, using my relationship with Commission Junction.

So, I have a Commission Junction account and a RingRevenue account tied to Commission Junction.

When you apply to receive a number, most want you to sign up for the Text/Image stuff first anyway, 
    so a good account with someone like Commission Junction is needed anyway.

This is because Advertisers of PayPerCall have limited Telephone Numbers to give out,
    so they like to see a history of performance prior to approval and giving a Telephone Number, plus a comparison with Text/Image ads.

So, long story short (I know, too late), get a relationship with one of the Networks first, then sign up with RingRevenue after. 
    Then highlight that relationship on the RingRevenue application.

Bit of a long process, but then you will have many Text/Image/PayPerCall options for your .tel domains !

[size]
    I have CJ account open but some months ago I applied for pey per call program and their answer was: they do it only for northamerican affiliates.
    I do not live in Canada or USA so I could no get those pey per call ads. Their said in the future will be add UK.
    Does any one now if from UK is possible to get those pey per call ads?
    Thanks mates[/size]

supercyberheroes05-23-2011 12:05 PM

So if I have CJ account can I get pey per call ads trough ringrevenue even if I do not live in Nort america?

mikeseaton05-23-2011 12:20 PM

UK-based Pay Per Call affiliate programs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 14814)
    I have CJ account open but some months ago I applied for pey per call program and their answer was: they do it only for northamerican affiliates.
    I do not live in Canada or USA so I could no get those pey per call ads. Their said in the future will be add UK.
    Does any one now if from UK is possible to get those pey per call ads?

[size]
    I would also appreciate hearing if anyone has located a reliable well paid affiliate setup for UK phone number based Pay Per Call programs.

Here's a link detailing the current CJ / RingRevenue setup (showing average cost per call to advertiser as $10):

Info for Publishers
    http://cj.ringrevenue.com/v/images/8...1293755613.pdf

Info for Advertisers
    http://www.ringrevenue.com/v/images/...1293755613.pdf

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton05-23-2011 12:56 PM

Commission Junction UK-based Pay Per Call

I have just received a return phone call from CJ's London office in response to my enquiry about the above.

They had heard of the .tel extension, but were not that familiar with it, so I explained what it was all about and gave them a link to this forum/thread and also to my .tel info page at http://dot-tel.mikeseaton.tel

CJ seem to be getting very geared up to Pay Per Call - it really does make a lot of sense to small businesses who in the past have paid for a non-trackable entry in the physical "yellow pages".

CJ asked me to post that for the UK they are developing an in-house solution for Pay Per Call advertisers/publishers scheduled for Q3, i.e. July-Sept 2011.

So a bit of a wait for UK-based publishers, but not too long, and IMO worth it to get a company like http://www.CJ.com onboard.

Tie this in with the new Control Panel making it easy to add image-based affiliate ads and the future is looking bright for .tel monetisation !

Mike Seaton

supercyberheroes05-23-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14818)
    I have just received a return phone call from CJ's London office in response to my enquiry about the above.

They had heard of the .tel extension, but were not that familiar with it, so I explained what it was all about and gave them a link to this forum/thread and also to my .tel info page at http://dot-tel.mikeseaton.tel

CJ seem to be getting very geared up to Pay Per Call - it really does make a lot of sense to small businesses who in the past have paid for a non-trackable entry in the physical "yellow pages".

CJ asked me to post that for the UK they are developing an in-house solution for Pay Per Call advertisers/publishers scheduled for Q3, i.e. July-Sept 2011.

So a bit of a wait for UK-based publishers, but not too long, and IMO worth it to get a company like http://www.CJ.com onboard.

Tie this in with the new Control Panel making it easy to add image-based affiliate ads and the future is looking bright for .tel monetisation !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    That it's great news. Thanks mate you are really on the game and given good tips all the time I do not get in the forum to much but every day I check and read what is going on in the forum.[/size]

Cedric05-23-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Mike Seaton

[size]
    That's a fantastic news! Thanks Mike.

[/size]

tindaya05-23-2011 02:05 PM

Very good ideas.
    Here we can see how the great ideas come, like in this forum try to be a network liquid. http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/spa//id/961

tony mayo05-23-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Great work Mike.[/size]

can05-23-2011 08:48 PM

Excited about this function that should be developed by us.

dutchstreetdog05-24-2011 09:08 AM

What ive everybody starts calling over voip!

TELcp05-24-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 14825)
    What ive everybody starts calling over voip!

[size]
    That's a very good point, because number dialing is being replaced by voip at present. And there will be more voip users in the future.[/size]

mikeseaton05-24-2011 05:29 PM

VOIP.tel

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 14826)
    That's a very good point, because number dialing is being replaced by voip at present. And there will be more voip users in the future.

[size]
    Out of curiosity checked out the WhoIs on VOIP.tel - owned by Telnic quite sensibly - but does need renewing as the expiry date is 16 May 2011.

Mike Seaton[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Making Money using Click For Call on Dot Tel Domains Empty Re: Making Money using Click For Call on Dot Tel Domains

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:33 am

dialaroom05-24-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14830)
    Out of curiosity checked out the WhoIs on VOIP.tel - owned by Telnic quite sensibly - but does need renewing as the expiry date is 16 May 2011.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Kind of you to remind them Mike[/size]

TELcp05-24-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14830)

[size]
    That's going be a very big catch if they decides to drop it.
    But it will never happen. :D[/size]

dialaroom05-24-2011 08:46 PM

I'm thinking beyond voip and am registering telepathic-ads.tel should make me about as much as google ads ever did.

Still, in the meantime, a good UK solution for pay per call would be really interesting. 
    Good thread Mr Seaton.

tindaya05-24-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 14833)
    I'm thinking beyond voip and am registering telepathic-ads.tel .

[size]
    I think that in 30 years will have a great future. According to my theory (valdeandemagico) we are "artificially designed molecular machines", so now we go for the M2M and then apply it to us (molecular machines), and that today we call it telepathy.[/size]

Blunderer05-24-2011 09:33 PM

Here's a site for those in the UK to contemplate: http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Leskovac05-25-2011 10:15 PM

Read a little on the Google mobile ads and ADwords.

mikeseaton05-27-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leskovac (Post 14867)
    Read a little on the Google mobile ads and ADwords.

[size]
    Interesting articles - a Google quote from the first one sums it up perfectly:

"We’re generating millions of calls every month on mobile devices and the number of advertisers using phone extensions is growing quickly. The uptake for CTC is fast because advertisers are realizing great returns."

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton05-27-2011 12:49 PM

Google Click To Call Vanity Numbers

This link details how Google Mobile AdWords is also offering Vanity Numbers 

"Vanity numbers allow businesses to include letters in their phone numbers. For example, instead of using 1-800-836-3464 in their mobile ad, 1-800-VENDING can use their actual business name."

Mike Seaton

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 2:30 am