The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel email address

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel email address Empty .tel email address

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:44 am

edjeplanet04-05-2012 01:42 PM

.tel email address

Hi there,
    I'm trying to get a .tel email address, but got stuck in the instructions I've found at http://www.telregistration.com/tel-email.html. I choose to add a .tel address to my Windows Live account, but after doing that the interface says it sent a link to that .tel address - that doesn't exist yet! What is the very first step to take? Do I need to announce the address somewhere at Telnic? 
    Thanks in advance,
    Edwin van Rooyen
    www.edje.tel

Aled04-05-2012 01:56 PM

Edwin,

Have you seen our instructions in tip number 6 here - http://telnic.org/community-tips.html. You do need to update your .tel, but only at the point that Windows Live provides you with the MX record details that you need to use.

mikeseaton04-05-2012 01:57 PM

If edjeplanet finds difficulty in the email setup process, what chance has the "average Joe" ?

.Tel needs to simple and easy to use for all the key functions !

Maybe setting up a .tel should be tested on a non-technical focus group to see how easy it is for the average person to do ?

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-05-2012 02:18 PM

It is imperative that SIMPLE Email setup needs to be part of CTH.
    Mark

tindaya04-05-2012 03:00 PM

yes, this point is very important.

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 04:00 PM

Well i am just a simple soul and made easy a email setupp !
    And secondly making it easy is not for telnic to do, but for the email providers !
    How much more easy can telnic make it,?
    its copy and paste 5 boxes!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-05-2012 04:36 PM

@dutch, sure anyone can do it, but it's a pain.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-05-2012 04:48 PM

@dutch, I disagree, because .Tel should be a complete package with easy integration with your email provider of choice. All it needs is an [Add Email] button in CTH.
    Mark

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 21803)
    @dutch, I disagree, because .Tel should be a complete package with easy integration with your email provider of choice. All it needs is an [Add Email] button in CTH.
    Mark

[size]
    O and who shout provide the email then, Telnic ?
    Then you can say it needs to bey easy
    If you mean email from a provider of choice, 
    you now that its always is a little struggle to synchronice and has nothing to do with telnic
    What can the possebly do make 4 boxes to paste, instead of 5[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 21804)
    O and who shout provide the email then, Telnic ?

[size]
    Well, if they in fact do provide an image server, then why not provide email service too through an affiliated provider? Anyways, all I am saying is Telnic making it dirt simple to use email, not complicated as it is now.

Mark[/size]

Aled04-05-2012 04:59 PM

Mark, the majority, if not all registrars offer their own email solution. Many of them paid. As we have stated in the past, the most straightforward solution by far is for the registrar to completely integrate their email solution with a .tel, ideally as part of a package.

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 21805)
    Well, if they in fact do provide an image server, then why not provide email service too through an affiliated provider? Anyways, all I am saying is Telnic making it dirt simple to use email, not complicated as it is now.

Mark

[size]
    Mabey the dont because a domain is onley € 6-, a year, 
    And who nows how much is left for them at the end of the ride
    If the need to gett others involed to make this posseble, the must putt money on top, if the are not doing that already!
    And with all respect for you Mark, because i now you also are supplying free tools, that is probely coasting you money also[/size]

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 05:28 PM

you shout bey happy, when the make everything easy
    (feeds, banners, uploadtools email etc. etc) there wouldnt bey a great futhere for thirdt party tools also!
    Look a new idear, wy dont you suply a easy email tool for a friendly price, there would shure bey interest from users

supercyberheroes04-05-2012 05:42 PM

@ dutch I am administrative man not a technical one, I have .tel email because I asked for help, as far as I remember Aled guided me, it was not such difficult thing, but it could be much simple, I already paid to start courses like web design, php program, JavaScript, so by the end of the year probably I will be a technical one, then thing will be much easy for me to understand everything, but most people do not know how to do it.
    You dutch I like you very much because make me laugh a lot with your comment. Mark have won our respect because of the help he is given to everyone, I am sure for him is easy to do all those things, I am sure too that when he say should be simple, he is talking on behalf of people that are not technical.

Any way guys from tomorrow I will be away for 3 weeks, wish everyone good Easter, when I come back I will post videos on my .tel domains and I will publish my novel supercyberheroes, its already finish in both Spanish and English hope some of you buy one, in the book I promote a lot .tel. Further details to follow just before I publish it. After the novel I will publish supercyberheroes short adventures in both Spanish and English, 

Kind regards
    http://businessdirect.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel

supercyberheroes04-05-2012 05:51 PM

Today I went to a small shop that make web design, I did enter to the shop and I asked them about .tel, they do not know anything about this domain, I explained everything and they were astonished, I gave them the website telnic.com the manager said he will check. Let see what happen.

regards
    http://supercyberheroes.tel

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 05:58 PM

And i love all colombian people !
    my ex wife was a colombian Paisa ! a real one !!!!
    And i love arepas to

supercyberheroes04-05-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 21816)
    And i love all colombian people !
    my ex wife was a colombian Paisa !

[size]
    That I am talking about you make me laugh, is great to have people like you in this forum.

The good thing is that now you can buy my novel in both Spanish and English, jajajajaja that will be chévere (cool)

NOTE: the novel is not ready so do not follow the link on my supercyberheroes.tel

Regards
    http://businessdirect.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-05-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 21807)
    Mark, the majority, if not all registrars offer their own email solution. Many of them paid. As we have stated in the past, the most straightforward solution by far is for the registrar to completely integrate their email solution with a .tel, ideally as part of a package.

[size]
    Sure they do, but they don't promote it. And I agree that they would be best to integrate, but after three years has any registrar done that outside of perhaps DomainMonster? 
    Mark[/size]

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 06:19 PM

hahahaha colombian love novelas !
    i will check it out supercyberheroes
    y que te vaya bien, que te pise un carro / o que te estripe un tren

supercyberheroes04-05-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 21822)
    hahahaha colombian love novelas !
    i will check it out supercyberheroes
    y que te vaya bien, que te pise un carro / o que te estripe un tren

[size]
    Do not check it out supercyberheroes yet until when I publish it, de acuerdo parcel, but Mark is right as he says things should be simple, most people do not know how to do it, at least its clear and simple.

Regards pelado
    http://businessdirect.tel[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel email address Empty Re: .tel email address

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:45 am

mikeseaton04-05-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 21820)
    Sure they do, but they don't promote it. And I agree that they would be best to integrate, but after three years has any registrar done that outside of perhaps DomainMonster?

[size]
    I think the problem with .tels as far as registrars are concerned is that they are very cheap (hence little profit), create extra work for them compared to other extensions (with the requirement for a secure TelHosting server that needs to be kept up-to-date), and offer them no chance of an upsell with the lack of hosting required.

This is I believe why the world's biggest registrar, GoDaddy, has chosen not to carry the .tel extension.

That's the problem - what could be the solution ?

1. Create a Premium .tel offering (which businesses rather than individuals would purchase) which offers registrars a much better profit level.
    OR
    2. Strip .tel of all complexity for the registrar, let Telnic (or a specially created organisation like http://Telnames.tel) handle the CTH and email provision, and leave the registrars with nothing more to do than handle registration and renewal - as they do with all other domain extensions.

There are no doubt other possibilities/permutations, but it seems to be the case that currently many registrars are not offering a simple .tel email solution to their clients - by simple I mean enter your forwarding email address and everything@yourdomain.telwill just go there.

Simplicity Rules OK - .tel should be targeting the man in the street, "Joe Public" as we call him - not the techies !

Mike Seaton[/size]

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 06:51 PM

shout it come in my tel account!?:confused:
    Well i reicieved thousands of emails, meanly spam but i never saw it popup in my domain!
    Those this mean when i set it up good it shout come to my dottel domain?
    I hope not, because that would mean i never set it upp good in the past :rolleyes::confused::eek:

mikeseaton04-05-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 21829)
    shout it come in my tel account!?
    Well i reicieved thousands of emails, meanly spam but i never saw it popup in my domain!
    Those this mean when i set it up good it shout come to my dottel domain?
    I hope not, because that would mean i never set it upp good in the past :rolleyes::confused::eek:

[size]
    Of course not Dutch, I was talking about email forwarding to your ISP email address (with whatever spam filter you normally use) in exactly the same way as it works with every other extension on the internet !

Mike Seaton[/size]

aliencafe04-05-2012 07:09 PM

@Aled/Team

I think the real issue here is that while we all agree that Domain reseller's do provide the .tel email solution, none of them have implemented an easy solution for customers. If you have someone like Edjeplanet with a PHD requesting help- obviously this solution is not going to work out well. 

While most of us would hope that the resellers would implement an easy email solution- it has never happened. 

Most customers just want to log in and click a box that says provide email . If you take a look at About.me they have a simple solution to the email- they ask if you want one and then it appears.

I think that a lot of hand holding with Domainmonster/Name/xxx domain company/ needs to happen or a new solution to this issue is in store. I don't even have a .tel email due to the complexity and time to get going.

If .tel is going mainstream, make the email super easy.All of us here get it but Joe the Plumber has only 2 minutes to log in and he's definitely not going to get it. He just wants calls and emails in his inbox.....

Best Regards,

D

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 07:16 PM

@mike
    Pfoeeee you had mi worry there for a second!
    Okay Thanks for the explanation Mister Mike

dutchstreetdog04-05-2012 07:23 PM

Year and the resselers dont even now how to configure the CTH !
    And the dont now that the must change zonefile when its a second hand name!
    And The dont now how the must split diffrent domains in separete accounts!
    Its a miracle that nobody have lost a domain or content on it by fould, of registars!
    I think telnic themself need to sell them And keep the excellent team The have, to take care of buisnes!

Geo04-05-2012 08:04 PM

There's always a trade-off... between ease of use and power of flexibility. 

Same with the Adsense - it's a relatively simple procedure to set up Adsense, but then now we are limited to just Adsense. On the other hand, for more options and power, we might have to deal with scripts and iframes and xml and api calls, etc. We need both worlds for Tel... simple for the lowest common denominator just so that they can get up and running with Tels, with little fuss and burden on Telnic... as well as the full gamut of API interface, and ability to handle other ad / affiliate partnerships.

As for email, perhaps partnering with a few biggies on the simple end of the spectrum could be a win/win, and provide the tutorials for those who want to do more. One of the reasons for Google's success is their brilliance at handling both ends of the spectrum imho. But Google also really gets it when it comes to providing features, and making them not only fast and fun, but also free.

boracay.tel04-06-2012 03:38 AM

Turn on email? Yes/no
    Forward email? Yes/no

edjeplanet04-13-2012 08:28 AM

Never expected that my question would cause such a long discussion! Indeed I don't have much time to figure out how to create an email address - it's a week later now, and I only just got into it again. I don't have any knowledge of programming or whatsoever. I felt a bit stupid when reading some reactions, but I'm more or less happy that I just founded out that even my service provider aren't able to explain how to setup the email address. They asked me to write an email message so that they can forward it to their backup provider. I'm not familiar with MX records or SOAP/AJAX APIs, so indeed I would be happy with a simple yes or no option in the control panel.

Aled04-13-2012 08:57 AM

Boracay, edjeplanet,

I wish it could be as simple as simply putting a Yes/No box in the CTH. As mentioned by Justin on this thread -http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthre...ices#post11424, Telnic cannot provide registrar services. As such there cannot be a “Telnic Email Service” which you activate in the CTH. This therefore brings in the question as to which email service you would be switching on. Edjeplanet, it seems that you would like to use Windows Live, others maybe Gmail. It is likely that most registrars would want, if not require, that it is their own email service that is activated with any "Yes/No" option.

As mentioned previously on the forum, the only “easy” solutions for integrating a .tel email address seamlessly is either:

1 – a Registrar/reseller to integrate both as a package on registration, so there is not even a need for it to be in the CTH
    2 – a registrar/reseller to host their own CTH which could then be modified to activate their own email.

We have tried to make it as easy as possible to set up email addresses using MX records. It is now just a matter of cutting and pasting – and following our hints on the website, many non-technical people have managed to do this. As shown by the process for Windows Live Mail itself, it is unfortunately required to set the MX record up if you want to use these 3rd party email services. I believe that there may also some providers who will set the .tel email up for you with their email system if you contact them directly.

Thanks,
    Aled

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-13-2012 01:07 PM

@Aled no one is asking Telnic to provide an email service, just a wizard to make it dirt-simple to associate an email address, even just forwarding. Click button, ask a bunch of questions and the back end figures out the technical MX etc details. 

No doubt that Telnames will be providing easy integration so it needs to happen in CTH also.

Mark

mikeseaton04-13-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22093)
    No doubt that Telnames will be providing easy integration so it needs to happen in CTH also.

[size]
    If they do provide a simple "forward to my ISP email address" solution that will be yet another reason (apart from the new template) for people to switch to Telnames or register their first .tel there.

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp04-13-2012 03:49 PM

I hope the functionality of the upgraded CTH which is being tested by Telnic will be common to all registrars and be made available simultaneously for the benefit of all existing tel domain registrants.
    Otherwise, there is a risk of all involved in tel domain up to now losing faith in the Registry Operator and Sponsoring Organization.
    Decision makers should, hopefully, avoid such a situation at this crucial time for the tel domain.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 3:48 pm