The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+5
mikeseaton
FrankW.
maxi
god.tel
Artaban
9 posters

www subdomain for directory (a question)

Artaban
    Artaban
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel domain : Restaurantes.tel
    Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Goat
    Warning level : 100 %

www subdomain for directory (a question) Empty www subdomain for directory (a question)

Post by Artaban 2017-03-18, 5:08 pm

Hello.

Is it possible to use a .tel domain with telhosting (contact page) and develope a directory using the www subdomain?
    god.tel
    god.tel

.tel domain : faith.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 25

www subdomain for directory (a question) Empty Re: www subdomain for directory (a question)

Post by god.tel 2017-03-18, 5:22 pm

That's a good question. My first response is no, due to the DNS needing to hosted elsewhere to accommodate subdomains, but on further thought I believe you could do it in one of 2 ways:

1. Point the Nameservers for the .TEL domain to a name server you control the DNS records in, that points to the subdomain that is hosted elsewhere. Then make A or CNAME Records that point the same IP addresses that are contained in Telnic Name Servers which point to the Telhosting web servers. The only problem is that if Telnic every changes IP addresses for their Telhosting servers, you would have to manually change your DNS Servers that serve your .TEL domain to point to the new IPs for Telhosting's servers.

2. See if Telnic would add a records to the DNS records for your .TEL domain that they host to point to your subdomain's IP address (static IP). If you only have one or two subdomains this may work, but Telnic has a form to access their NameServer record for your .TEL domain. They may or may not let you do what you would like to do.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

www subdomain for directory (a question) Empty Re: www subdomain for directory (a question)

Post by maxi 2017-03-18, 5:34 pm

Perhaps, we can do something similar with two domains: one of them TEL (hosting on DNS) and another COM (ordinary hosting).

For example, for making a directory we have BERLIN.tel and we use it's 20 contacts as buttons which go to our COM site.

At that COM we will have all other subdomains/subfolders. Their names will depend from name of that COM we have. For example, we have BERLIN-DIRECTORY.com. Then we will not have subdomains like cafe.BERLIN.tel, but something with that's COM name: BERLIN-DIRECTORY.com/cafe.

P.S.
    It is just the first idea which came to the mind. May be it will not work. Need to think more about this.

Last edited by maxi on 2017-03-18, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistyping)
    FrankW.
    FrankW.

Post by FrankW. 2017-03-18, 5:53 pm

That's a very good question.

I guess it depends on the rights Telnic will grant to subdomains.
    I'm afraid that Telnic doesn't want to administrate Telhosting on subdomain level, because that would increase the workload at Telnic.

Accordingly, we have to decide between a one-pager with Telhosting or subdomains completely without Telhosting.
    Artaban
    Artaban
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Artaban 2017-03-18, 8:42 pm

I believe that in some registrars you can keep the Nameservers for telhosting, and easily create a CNAME for www subdomain... ;-). That would be great.
    Artaban
    Artaban
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Artaban 2017-03-22, 11:50 am

Artaban wrote:I believe that in some registrars you can keep the Nameservers for telhosting, and easily create a CNAME for www subdomain... ;-). That would be great.

Well, that's not currently possible.

But if Telnic allowed us to create a CNAME, only for one subdomain to be hosted elsewhere, that would be a nice solution for many users of .tel domains (having a telhosting contact page + a custom website).
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-22, 7:24 pm

maxi wrote:Perhaps, we can do something similar with two domains: one of them TEL (hosting on DNS) and another COM (ordinary hosting).

For example, for making a directory we have BERLIN.tel and we use it's 20 contacts as buttons which go to our COM site.

At that COM we will have all other subdomains/subfolders. Their names will depend from name of that COM we have. For example, we have BERLIN-DIRECTORY.com. Then we will not have subdomains like cafe.BERLIN.tel, but something with that's COM name: BERLIN-DIRECTORY.com/cafe.

P.S.
    It is just the first idea which came to the mind. May be it will not work. Need to think more about this.

@maxi - vg post above full of insight - I am currently working out the best way to use my generic 1 or 2 keyword .TEL domains to provide FREE (OK a paltry 1 dollar a month) traffic to my DotCom niche sites.

With the option of Telnames-style TelHosting at no additional charge to domain registration cost, or the alternative of "Normal DNS", all wrapped up in a 3-character meaningful extension called "TEL" there is so much opportunity in the coming months and years to make your 12 Dollars a year .TEL domain pay for itself many times over !

IMO the 13 March changes to .TEL were The Smartest Move Telnic Ever Made !

TIME FOR ALL OF US TO .TEL IT LIKE IT IS !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-23, 5:45 am

I
    I think I like this idea too. 
    For boracay.tel accommodations 
    maybe just use the free 1 page of buttons. Problem is, the buttons or icons pointing to a website are generic ugly. Need to be able to submit our own icons or choose something that's indicative

I have registered

Boracay.apartments
    Boracay.villas

And for (resorts/hotels) I could use
    Boracay.resorts.tel

So long as all the prior hard work of the subdomain based .tel backup file can be moved into a CMS then I'll wrap it all together with a better more-flexible accommodation directory than I had before (stopped dead at telnic)

Boracay.directory
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-26, 11:06 am

maxi wrote:Perhaps, we can do something similar with two domains: one of them TEL (hosting on DNS) and another COM (ordinary hosting).

With one of my TEL and COM I tried to do something accordingly with the above idea: Pоrtrait_ tel

I am not sure will Google like it or not, but let's see.

Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-26, 4:01 pm

If there were some differing icons, 1 for inks, 1 for pencils, 1 for watercolours

Maybe google will love what you have tried there.
    But people will see it as complicated on first glance.
    It's kind of forcing people to read every line to distinguish what's what.

Good luck, but I can't see this working for a viewer.
    Maximum 5 links MIGHT hold somebody's attention long enough to read.

If I recall, there was a page showing all the icons telnic implemented.
    Perhaps breaking things up with a few of those icons
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-27, 3:05 am

maxi wrote:With one of my TEL and COM I tried to do something accordingly with the above idea: Pоrtrait_ tel.
    I think that TELs in Telnames format without long texts ans subdomains are useless.

Google will not show such sites at it's first pages. And to be somewhere at it's 100th page is the same as not to exist at all.

So it is only temporary usage of TEL - waiting for the better times when Telnic will be replaced by a company, which will be interested and begin to develop TEL.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2017-03-27, 3:11 am

maxi wrote:... waiting for the better times when Telnic will be replaced by a company, which will be interested and begin to develop TEL.

No chance for it:
    Telnic won't sell the .tel business for cheap - and no one will ever have interest to continue the operation of .tel for an incalculable price.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2017-03-27, 3:14 am

.tel lost its DNS concept this month.
    And how should .tel survive in competition to .online and .web?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-27, 5:37 am

Toptel, what do you think about using former TEL-directories on a regular/ordinary hosting instead of their "natural" DNS hosting?

Visually these TEL-replicas look almost the same as their original former TEL.

But will Google be lenient to the fact that they have a huge number of outbound links, in the same way he formerly was lenient for TELs on DNS?

Or will he begin to consider such TELs as link-farms and punish them in the same way that as it punishes link-farms in other extensions?
    Duker
    Duker

Post by Duker 2017-03-27, 8:16 am

Hallo.
    I think the .tel Domains potential has. For example http://www.wc.tel has over 540 views in 14 days

http://www.herzog.tel
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-27, 8:55 am

Duker, I have some COM domains, which were not parked at Sedo, but instead were redirected to their Sedo sale’s page - in the same way you have did with wc_tel. These domains had very big number of views; for example, one of them has this month 2.613 views. I asked at other domainers' forum what this can mean? Are it really that so many people visit these my domains?

www subdomain for directory (a question) Sedo_b10

The experts’ response was: “If the domain is parked at Sedo, then Sedo does not take into account the views and clicks of bots. And if the domain is not parked but redirected directly to it’s sale’s page at Sedo, then bots are not filtered (or filtered at a minimum level). So, these "views" most likely are bots.”

So that mystery was cleared up and I put aside the idea that soon I will become rich after selling these domains.
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 100+
    Company : None
    Service : Lifetime
    Profession : Self Employed
    Experience : 18 yrs
    Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
    Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.

Post by shahid1 2017-03-29, 8:43 am

Boracay wrote:
    I have registered

Boracay.apartments
    Boracay.villas

And for (resorts/hotels) I could use
    Boracay.resorts.tel

Thats nice to know with our platform you can use any tld with subdomains and benefit out of it.

Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2017-03-29, 9:50 pm

Yes well that's good to know. 

I don't have too much time to work out new systems
    But, I do know that a directory is an important part of our lifetime commitment to our boracay businesses.

Just keeping an eye on things, but currently, unlessfull devition is applied to mobile templates by all service providers including telnic...then things looks stalled. I won't pay anymore for anything .tel until mobile format displays correctly on an iPhone. Ridiculous that a billion devices see things conpleteky messed up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 4:13 am