The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+34
Malaga
tel.community
Duker
hulltv
Moonlight
Boracay
Ann Mike Matthews
Tel
di7
maxi
mic
bolton
Hotty
TelGirl
Telnot
Expert
Poseidon
ProTel
mikeseaton
silvano
Tely
DirectoryDan
Tim Spears
ixida
whatthetel
Telnamer
let
MWX
Sunrise
x1y2
Sebastian256
FrankW.
Toptel
38 posters

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS

FrankW.
    FrankW.

Warning level : 100 %

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 11 Empty Re: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Post by FrankW. 2017-02-16, 1:48 pm

Maybe Telnic has just forgotten that the new credentials have been announced for the 13th February.
    Otherwise, I would expect a message from them.

But how can Telnic forget this? Do we have to expect a bad surprise from Telnic during the next days?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 11 Empty Re: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-16, 5:14 pm

Expert wrote:
    maxi wrote:But it looks they are only two there.

Yes, only two people are involved at Telnic:
    http://kash.tel and http://huw.tel
    We can expect that Huw Stead is responsible for sending the new login credentials.
    The responsibility of Khashayar Mahdavi isn't clear to me.

@Expert - YES, that's my reading of the currently worrying situation at Telnic as well.

It's pretty obvious Huw works from home these days - the heading "Home Office (Work)" makes that clear . The STD code of "01495" is some considerable distance away from Telnic's London base, Pontypool in Wales to be precise.

I hope Huw has managed to email himself the new login credentials he needs to set up the new Telnames version of his current Telnic subdirectory-based domain at http://Huw.tel

Huw, when you've sorted out your own, don't forget about the rest of us still waiting (with no explanation from Telnic re the delay) for our Telnames-style logins and passwords since Monday 13 February !

JUST CAN'T GET THE STAFF THESE DAYS !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Ref:
    http://www.tel.community/t4467-important-news-for-all-tel-owners-and-community-members#15945
    http://www.tel.community/t4491-telnic-ltd-officially-declares-negative-net-worth#16507
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-16, 11:55 pm

I think its wise to shelve all plans of development at this stage. Who knows what these monkeys are up to. 

Was about to purchase directory software to develop my .tels for the 13th March change. Can't take the risk. They could just as easily announce the withdrawal of the liberalization.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-02-17, 4:36 am

The current situation shows at least very clearly once again that Telnic is completely overwhelmed.
    It's not common for a professional business to get no information when such a delay like this occurs.
    x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2017-02-17, 6:12 am

Expert wrote:The current situation shows at least very clearly once again that Telnic is completely overwhelmed.
    It's not common for a professional business to get no information when such a delay like this occurs.

And people have even discussed the continuance of suddomains!

Instead, .tel owners should be happy if they will have still access to their domains in any form next month.
    Telnot
    Telnot
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnot 2017-02-17, 6:19 am

This is the consistent continuation of Telnic's business strategy. First, all domains are made worthless - and now the final shutdown is prepared.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-17, 8:57 am

Maybe The Kon Man is planning on selling FAKE Domains.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-17, 9:45 am

I think there is no much sence to trouble Kash with this inquiry about this delay because surely he is now (as always) busy with more important strategic TEL extension development things.

But perhaps somebody from native English speakers can phone to Mr. Huw.tel and ask him about Telnic's plans.

P.S.
    I personally do not worry nor carry much about these letters with new logins, because I do not plan to use TEL as a regular site. And because I do not like the idea to change existing multi-folders TEL to a primitive one-page websites, which will have any pratical value and application.

Post by 4444 2017-02-17, 11:48 am

If people still have trust in Telnic, now it's the time to reconsider it. Maybe the best thing to do now is to drop the last .tels.
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 100+
    Company : None
    Service : Lifetime
    Profession : Self Employed
    Experience : 18 yrs
    Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
    Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 11 Empty Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Post by shahid1 2017-02-17, 5:13 pm

Hello,

Hope you all are alive well and kicking :), I have been absent from .tel as I was busy focusing on other things but like you all .tel is very close to my heart because of the lesson it has given us never to fall prey to a hype it can make you or break you. I always through the 10 names I had paid for US$ 4800 would be each worth 100,000 US$ some day and we will have a million US$ out in no time but I guess I was wrong.

the best thing that happened is i developed several .tel which starting giving me leads in order to compensate for the over all loss I had with .tel and in fact I am willing to support it until the tld is no more this is one of the reasons I still have several .tel domains of high quality in hand and wish to continue keeping them and bringing them to my own use someday slowly and steadily.

as we all know .tel is closing the doors for .tel hosting platform to support subdomains and other features we have started building something for ourselves as well as for people in the coming few weeks before 10th march I will be able to show you a demo of it. it will be both free and paid version to make directories according to your desire in starting we will have 3-4 templates and gradually we will take it all the way to 50 or even 100 to choose from simple, yet responsive along with all the things you all wanted in .tel ( we will have a restriction to not allow certain keywords that we will not allow it will be revealed later on )

it will be called Developing.me our website builder ( for subdomains as well as traditional website builder in future ) just by typing this I had to check if I own developing.tel and I registered it right now haha anyways I want you all to be happy and hopefully, everyone will make something out of what you have but you all need.

Thanks and if i can be of any help i can always be reached here or on  shahid.tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-17, 5:37 pm

THIS IS SIMPLY GETTING RIDICULOUS !

ON 13 MARCH ALL .TEL DOMAINS GO DARK AND WE HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN THE LOGINS TELNIC PROMISED US SO WE CAN START MAKING THE NECESSARY CHANGES FROM 13 FEBRUARY - AND NO EXPLANATION OR COMMUNICATION ABOUT THEIR NON-APPEARANCE EITHER !

IF THE PROMISED LOGINS ARE NOT RECEIVED BY MONDAY 20 FEBRUARY I SUGGEST:

1. PHONE CALLS TO HUW STEAD (see http://Huw.tel) AND ASK HIM "WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON ?".

2. CONTACT MADE WITH ICANN AND ASK THEM IF A COMPANY WITH "ACCOUNTING INSOLVENCY" (AS AT 31 DECEMBER 2015) CAN CONTINUE AS A REGISTRY ?

I AM ABSOLUTELY EXASPERATED BY TELNIC - HAVE THEY NEVER HEARD OF A PROFESSIONAL APPROACH TO PAYING CUSTOMERS ?

Ref:
    http://www.tel.community/t4467-important-news-for-all-tel-owners-and-community-members#15945
    http://www.tel.community/t4491-telnic-ltd-officially-declares-negative-net-worth#16507
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2017-02-17, 6:50 pm

I have a logical explanation for the current situation:

On 23rd March the renewal phase of this year will start.
    The announced changes with web hosting and Telnames template for all customers could be a big step forward or a big failure - nobody knows!
    At the moment these changes are announced for the 13th March: 10 days before the renewal phase!
    Of course, customers want to see if this has a positive impact for .tel before they decide if they renew their .tel domains.
    If it becomes visible that these measures won't lead to success, we'll see a big crash in registration numbers.
    What can Telnic do to prevent this?
    Telnic will delay the launch date for web hosting to a time after the renewal phase.

Very soon all of us will get the information from Telnic that web hosting will be delayed a few weeks - pretended to be caused by technical obstacles.

Please don't get fooled by Telnic!
    You know from the past how wily Telnic is acting!
    If you don't know about it, please read the most active topics of this forum!

Nothing is happening without purpose!
    Telnic is planning this bluff in their best interest (not in yours)!

Post by 4444 2017-02-17, 7:07 pm

@Tim

You make me scared, but you can be right indeed!

Maybe we will never see web hosting for .tel !?!?!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-17, 7:12 pm

@Tim Spears - Interesting Theory - If you are correct Telnic need to understand what the response will be from it's exasperated customers whose money has until now kept them going !

Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2017-02-17, 7:18 pm

mikeseaton wrote:If you are correct Telnic need to understand what the response will be from it's exasperated customers whose money has until now kept them going !

Telnic doesn't care about customers at all - Telnic never did!
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-18, 12:23 am

Don't be fooled again. Drop your domains.
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2017-02-18, 5:10 am

I see! Telnic is playing games again!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-18, 6:32 am

Tim Spears wrote:The announced changes with web hosting and Telnames template for all customers could be a big step forward or a big failure - nobody knows!

If it becomes visible that these measures won't lead to success, we'll see a big crash in registration numbers.
    Imho, 99% that these changes won't lead to success, because why should broad public suddenly become interested in TEL?

If they were not interested very much when it was possible for every newbie to create TEL website in minutes (I mean Telhosting with multiple pages), then why they should become interested in TEL now, when creating website on TEL again becomes "a rocket science"  - an occupation possible only for narrow number of professional webmasters?
    Malaga
    Malaga

Post by Malaga 2017-02-18, 5:11 pm

maxi wrote:

.... If they were not interested very much when it was possible for every newbie to create TEL website in minutes (I mean Telhosting with multiple pages), then why they should become interested in TEL now, when creating website on TEL again becomes "a rocket science"  - an occupation possible only for narrow number of professional webmasters?

Hi Maxi

Hi Maxi, even with the simplicity of the Telnic template site, I would estimate that 95% of currently registered 100,000 sites are just empty, even after seven years. The telnic template is simply unattractive and reminds me of a 1995 message board. Plus it is very, very limited. People generally just do not really need a single point of contact, what with Facebook, Linked etc etc. Businesses do need a single point of contact, or, as others have suggested, a communication portal that is not just links.
    Had Tel been liberalized years ago, before all the new TLD's came out, I feel certain that many more sites would have been built than are at present.
    Now it is on the verge of being liberalized (Ok it's late and there is no communication - there must be a problem, and we do not know what it is)... I feel if people really want to utilize their tel domains they should spend time building new, full Tel sites or single-page sites or get out of the game. Posting negative comments all the time will only hurt the prospects of success all the more. Every time someone out there googles .TEL, this blog appears.
    This is not meant to stifle criticism, but we can email Telnic directly and tell them what think. Tel is not going to die. Some large company may pick it up, but those who position themselves from now will benefit. No amount of our grousing will change Telnic.

If Telnic were to go back to its Telnic template with subdomains, it will not change anything. We shall still have about 190 directory sites out there making $chicken s*** for another twenty years. 
    Building equity on the net requires a lot of work and staying on the forefront of change. It's our choice.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-19, 3:35 am

Malaga wrote: Posting negative comments all the time will only hurt the prospects of success all the more. Every time someone out there googles .TEL, this blog appears.
    Telnic do not respect it's customers, so you should't be suprised that people who already lost their money warn other people not to invest in Telnic's product.

Malaga wrote:This is not meant to stifle criticism, but we can email Telnic directly and tell them what think.
    You are free to email Telnic directly. After emailing, please, let us know what they replied you.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2017-02-19, 5:38 am

@maxi

Exactly!
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-19, 5:50 am

It's clear the Telmonkeys do not want anyone to renew their domains. If they did they would stick to their own timelines. Drop, drop, drop!
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2017-02-19, 10:59 am

Maybe, most of you have too high expectations in terms of the obligations for a TLD registry:
    Telnic is only providing the infrastructure for .tel domains.
    Like any other registry, Telnic isn't responsible for providing web hosting solutions.
    If Telnic is providing you additional benefits with DNS data storage and Telhosting, it's only a nice add-on.
    From this point of view, not much reasons for complaints are available.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-19, 1:07 pm

Moonlight wrote:Like any other registry, Telnic isn't responsible for providing web hosting solutions.
    I think you are mistaken: TEL was established, advertized and promoted to be not as "like any other registry".

In 2009 buying TELs I bought "single point of contacts" with functionality on DNS, which  included Telhosting panel with 3000 subfolders. And I want to have what I had payed for. And I think many other TEL owners want to have the same possibility too.

For one-page Telnames site I would not give a single rusty penny. Nor I would pay a single penny for TEL as an extension for regular hosting "like all other registries".
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-19, 5:42 pm

maxi wrote:
    Malaga wrote: Posting negative comments all the time will only hurt the prospects of success all the more. Every time someone out there googles .TEL, this blog appears.
    Telnic do not respect it's customers, so you should't be suprised that people who already lost their money warn other people not to invest in Telnic's product.

Malaga wrote:This is not meant to stifle criticism, but we can email Telnic directly and tell them what think.
    You are free to email Telnic directly. After emailing, please, let us know what they replied you.

Thanks @maxi, saved me from making the same very obvious response to the post by @Malaga !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 9:47 am