The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+34
Malaga
tel.community
Duker
hulltv
Moonlight
Boracay
Ann Mike Matthews
Tel
di7
maxi
mic
bolton
Hotty
TelGirl
Telnot
Expert
Poseidon
ProTel
mikeseaton
silvano
Tely
DirectoryDan
Tim Spears
ixida
whatthetel
Telnamer
let
MWX
Sunrise
x1y2
Sebastian256
FrankW.
Toptel
38 posters

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 10 Empty Re: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-12, 5:23 pm

Moonlight wrote:
    FrankW. wrote:My plan:

Checking if for my .tel domains equivalent nTLD are available, buying them and letting drop the .tel for it.

My plan:
    To snap dropping quality .tel domains.

There's no such thing as a quality .tel domain. Doesn't exist.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 10 Empty Re: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-12, 6:35 pm

mikeseaton wrote:My plan:

1. Review my main .COM etc. Web sites and their associated Social Media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc).

2. Check I have a .TEL registered to provide a Single Point Of Contact/Link for my Web sites and their associated Social Media sites related to a subject - it makes it so much easier to quote a single .TEL when speaking to someone and let them link to the relevant sites from there - with Telnic software automatically adjusting for the type of internet device being used.

FrankW. wrote:My plan:

Checking if for my .tel domains equivalent nTLD are available, buying them and letting drop the .tel for it.

Moonlight wrote:My plan:

To snap dropping quality .tel domains.

Good to see people making pro-active plans regarding the launch of NEW .TEL on 13 March 2017 - make no mistake this is the most significant change/opportunity since .TEL was launched on 23 March 2009 !

So come on forum members, are you confident enough to post your NEW .TEL plan as well ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Ref: http://www.tel.community/t4467-important-news-for-all-tel-owners-and-community-members#15945
    x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2017-02-12, 6:52 pm

mikeseaton wrote:So come on forum members, are you confident enough to post your NEW .TEL plan as well ?

I will keep my .tel domains for one more year to check if we'll see a positive impact.

If I won't see any signs of success during the next 12 months, then I'm gone forever.
    Duker
    Duker

Post by Duker 2017-02-13, 11:49 am

It's the 13th february and nothing happened

http://www.Herzog.tel
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-02-13, 12:07 pm

No need to worry:

Telnic wrote:What is happening and when?

From the 13th February 2017, Telnic will issue you (by email) with account details to the new Telhosting platform.

I expect that all of us will get an e-mail during this week.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-13, 6:59 pm

Duker wrote:It's the 13th february and nothing happened

Nothing received by me either - and I do still have a significant number of .TEL domains, even after thinning out my portfolio in recent years.

Was it too much to expect Kash and what's left of his staff to use modern technology (it's called a SCRIPT) to go through the Whois records held by the Telnic Registry and AUTOMATICALLY send out emails and associated random passwords at 12.01am on today Monday 13 February 2017, so we could get on with data population ?

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT TO DO THIS - and would have given what's left of the .TEL community a nice warm feeling that everything for NEW .TEL is fully under control by Telnic !

I now have this vision of Kash and "staff" working late into the night, being sustained by pizzas and coffee, as they manually go through everyone's Whois record, make up a nice secure password for them, and send out an email one-by-one to each domain holder !

Of course I am totally wrong about such a scenario happening - aren't I ?

PS. @Expert - Hopefully you are right - Telnic do get around to things eventually - at least some of the time !
    x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2017-02-14, 5:38 am

What a luck Telnic has only 100,000 customers left.

With such a relative small number, Telnic doesn't have so much work.
    FrankW.
    FrankW.

Post by FrankW. 2017-02-14, 8:13 am

Now Telnic learns a lesson what it means to fire the whole staff: it's not easy meeting announced timelines without employees.
    Malaga
    Malaga

Post by Malaga 2017-02-14, 12:46 pm

We all can find fault with Telnic. However spending our time just posting negative comments will not change Telnic's course nor will it help us if we are invested in Tel domains. If anyone is just gambling on domain names then I guess it might be ok. to grouse, but it will not help us in the least.
    I suggest we spend our time and energy to start creating real websites and get Tel rolling in that arena.
    We should not worry about whether Tel is useful or not as a TLD name. It's what we make of it. Look what Steve Jobs did with the apple computers (?????) name. Even if he had started out with Banana Computers, it would be a great name today.
    I suggest we roll up our sleeves and start creating sites.tel, even if they are blogs or other simple utilitarian sites. Those of us who have built directories can start to create real directories now. (I have a small (telnic) directory and I plan to rebuild it with a Wordpress template. Tel is an ideal name for directories. 
    We can make it happen if we try.
    If we interface with Telnic we can ask them to spend some money on advertising TEL. and help us promote our specific projects if they are worthwhile.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-14, 1:54 pm

Malaga wrote:I suggest we spend our time and energy to start creating real websites and get Tel rolling in that arena.
    We should not worry about whether Tel is useful or not ...
    This resembles me famous words of John F. Kennedy:
    "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

10 years later, in USSR, Communist Party used his words in its favor: "My fellow Soviet people, ask not what your Party can do for you, ask what you can do for your Party."

Now, when John F. Kennedy and Party both RIP, it seems that there came Telnic's turn to use the same slogan: "My dear Telnic customers, ask not what Telnic can do for you, ask what you can do for Telnic."

: )
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-14, 5:26 pm

Malaga wrote:We all can find fault with Telnic. However spending our time just posting negative comments will not change Telnic's course nor will it help us if we are invested in Tel domains. If anyone is just gambling on domain names then I guess it might be ok. to grouse, but it will not help us in the least.
    I suggest we spend our time and energy to start creating real websites and get Tel rolling in that arena.

@Malaga - You seem to be missing the point !

We all want to get on with populating NEW .TEL - whether using the single-page Telnames template or "normal" DNS - so that we are ready for the 13 MARCH DELETION OF ALL EXISTING .TEL CONTENT !

BUT WE CAN"T DO THIS until we receive our new logins and passwords, which Telnic led us to believe would be available yesterday Monday 13 February.

NOT EVEN AN EMAIL from Telnic explaining the delay - at least not received by me for the significant number of .TEL domains I still have.

That's why people are complaining !

Furthermore, despite starting off with $35,000,000 of shareholders' money Telnic Ltd was INSOLVENT (at least as far as "Accounting Insolvency" is defined) on 31 December 2015 - it seems unlikely their financial position has improved in the following 13 months !

That's why people who've invested a huge amount of time and money since 2009 hoped NEW .TEL would go smoothly, yet the promised emails with login details to enable data creation have not arrived when expected, nor any explanation provided for this non-receipt.

Maybe Kash and his remaining "staff" have the winter bug that is going around, maybe not, BUT YOU CAN'T RUN A REGISTRY LIKE THAT THAT - ON A SHOESTRING BUDGET WITH HARDLY ANY STAFF !

Hence my repeated requests to Kash to let an experienced and well-financed internet player such as Afilias take over the .TEL project.

If you read an old thread on this forum you will see that Afilias were potentially interested in doing this - BUT TELNIC KNEW BEST AND IGNORED THEIR INTEREST !

So we have all (at least those of us left on this forum) given Telnic one last chance and are raring to go with the NEW .TEL setup - but at the first staging point (yesterday Monday 13 February) nothing actually happens - nor is any explanation given to us !

Maybe we just expect too much - that if a failing company has one last chance to survive they actually make a professional effort and get their act together for once !

PS. If anyone receives their NEW .TEL email(s) containing their new login details please could you confirm that in this thread - Thanks.

Ref: http://www.tel.community/t4491-telnic-ltd-officially-declares-negative-net-worth#16507
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-14, 5:57 pm

mikeseaton wrote:NOT EVEN AN EMAIL from Telnic explaining the delay -
    What if Telnic have serious reasons for silence: ; )

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 10 Telnic10

P.S.
    For me personally there is no difference do I receive these logins from Telnic today or in the next few weeks. It is not difficult to change my few current multiple-page TELs to a simple one-page online visit card. The opposite work would be indeed extremely difficult, but not this.
    Duker
    Duker

Post by Duker 2017-02-14, 6:30 pm

I expect from a company a professional behavior and so far nothing has happened. It is neither advertising for the restart and the customers are kept with information. The site of telnic is unchanged without new design. Everything in the old.

http://www.herzog.tel
    whatthetel

Post by whatthetel 2017-02-14, 7:46 pm

From telnic email about new tel.

mailed-by: em-sj-77.mktomail.com = on email spam list
    Signed by: mktroute.com = not on email spam list

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist:em-sj-77.mktomail.com

= You might not receive an email?

mktomail.com whois = Marketo, Inc

https://who.is/whois/mktomail.com

https://uk.marketo.com/

https://uk.marketo.com/solutions/email-marketing/
    whatthetel

Post by whatthetel 2017-02-15, 6:02 am

Also http://registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

Shows TEL 0 0 0 0 0 105,291, for more than a week, maybe 3.
    x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2017-02-15, 1:06 pm

It's getting strange now:

The new Telhosting account data are due since 3 days.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2017-02-15, 9:17 pm

x1y2 wrote:It's getting strange now:

The new Telhosting account data are due since 3 days.

I just don't understand how Telnic could be so stupid about this !

ON 13 MARCH ALL .TEL DOMAINS GO DARK, unless users in the meanwhile have prepared and loaded new content, which they were led to believe they could start doing from 13 February.

Yet the promised logins and passwords haven't arrived, nor have any emails been sent out explaining why there is a delay on fulfilling that promise !

Do Telnic have a Death Wish ?

Ref: http://www.tel.community/t4467-important-news-for-all-tel-owners-and-community-members#15945
    Malaga
    Malaga

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL .TEL OWNERS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS - Page 10 Empty Moving ahead with TEl

Post by Malaga 2017-02-15, 10:26 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
    Malaga wrote:We all can find fault with Telnic. However spending our time just posting negative comments will not change Telnic's course nor will it help us if we are invested in Tel domains. If anyone is just gambling on domain names then I guess it might be ok. to grouse, but it will not help us in the least.

@Malaga - You seem to be missing the point !

We all want to get on with populating NEW .TEL - whether using the single-page Telnames template or "normal" DNS - so that we are ready for the 13 MARCH DELETION OF ALL EXISTING .TEL CONTENT !

@Seaton
    Point well taken. I do agree that Telnic should at a minimum try to partner with a more dynamic organization. The fact that for years they did not recognize that the Telnic template (scanty info stored on the DNS) was really lame compared to everything else that was happening on the net, suggests that the leadership was not really keeping in touch and in tune with exploding product developments; products which were media-rich and socially dynamic and appealing to the masses. Telnames was a token attempt to address this problem, but it was not nearly enough.
    Telnic was kept alive by people registering Tels as a gamble, and a few techie types who were excited about DNS based sites. As a business model this is not viable: Money always comes from the pockets of the average user out there, and the average user does not care one hoot if this template or site is based on the DNS or some server on Mars. They want slick features and dynamic functionality. The few techie types do not have the money to support a whole registry; and the gamblers would bail as soon as they see the product as valueless.
    The new model, a 'liberated' Tel with a template as an option, is great.
    However I feel that Telnic has to make Tel cheap enough to generate mass interest. There are a lot of free and cheap options out there.
    And as I said before, Tel has to be widely advertised. Advertise or die.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-16, 12:04 am

It is folly to expect a monkey to behave in any other way than a monkey behaves.
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2017-02-16, 4:51 am

Telnic,

What is going on?

In less than one month from now, the content on all .tel domains will be deleted.

And we don't get the important information how to use the new Telhosting platform?
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2017-02-16, 6:38 am

What can you expect? The only employee at Telnic is the cleaning lady Doris who comes once a week to dust the small office. 

Now as a cost saving measure they are using her to code the new Telhosting Panel. ETA 2025.

Another Kon Man Kash executive decision!
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2017-02-16, 6:39 am

ixida wrote:In less than one month from now, the content on all .tel domains will be deleted.

And we don't get the important information how to use the new Telhosting platform?

Perhaps, Telnic is planning to force us to use web hosting and to let Telhosting die.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2017-02-16, 6:43 am

TelBlogger wrote:What can you expect? The only employee at Telnic is the cleaning lady Doris who comes once a week to dust the small office. 

Now as a cost saving measure they are using her to code the new Telhosting Panel. ETA 2025.

Another Kon Man Kash executive decision!

Telnic has no office since two years anymore:
    http://www.tel.community/t4334-a-london-accounting-firm-continues-the-business-of-telnic
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-02-16, 10:18 am

Possible explanation why letters were not sent:

Both Telnic's men - the boss Mr.Kash and his "do-all" Mr.(sorry, at the moment I forgot his name) are both in beds with influenza.

As it is knows, birds flu is enough serious event in every man's life, so all other works seems less important and can wait.

Of course, would there be third employee then he could do the job. But it looks they are only two there.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-02-16, 10:24 am

maxi wrote:But it looks they are only two there.

Yes, only two people are involved at Telnic:
    http://kash.tel and http://huw.tel
    We can expect that Huw Stead is responsible for sending the new login credentials.
    The responsibility of Khashayar Mahdavi isn't clear to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 6:08 am