The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
silvano
maxi
fustachio.tel
Alex
8 posters

Change of forum ownership and administration

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Change of forum ownership and administration Empty Change of forum ownership and administration

Post by Alex 2013-03-10, 2:03 pm

The next renewal period for .tel is coming close, and I had to reconsider my involvement in this project.

Since I’ve decided to make a very long vacation from .tel, I’m happy I’ve found another interested person as forum webmaster. I let the introduction of his person to himself.

Today I’ve transferred the ownership for the domain TelTalk.org. You can contact the new administrator with the common contact form or through his user profile Admin.

The new owner agreed paying the costs for operating this forum and administrating it once a day usually Mondays to Fridays. This includes checking the content from member comments for compliance with the forum rules.

This way I’m happy that the survival of TelTalk.org is assured.

Since this will be my last post for the time being, I say goodbye and I want to let you all know it was great fun building this forum together with you.

Good luck to all of you!
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Change of forum ownership and administration Empty Re: Change of forum ownership and administration

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-10, 2:56 pm

Thank you for founding TelTalk, sorry to see you go & good luck with what ever you move onto.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Change of forum ownership and administration Empty Re: Change of forum ownership and administration

Post by maxi 2013-03-10, 4:24 pm

Hm... I see only one person who would be very interested in buying this forum: somebody from Telnic. It is only my guess, of course.
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-03-10, 4:29 pm

TelTalk wrote:I’ve decided to make a very long vacation from .tel...
    Since this will be my last post for the time being, I say goodbye and I want to let you all know it was great fun building this forum together with you.

Goodbye Alex and good luck in your new activities.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-03-10, 4:47 pm

Personally, I am glad to see you go Teltalk. Hopefully the new owner will understand moderation and the legal issues around libel and slander better. I found your approach quite insulting to be honest.

Nevertheless, you may be the first person to make money with .tel by selling this website.

As to the new owner, I hope it is not an employee of Telnic because we all know what will happen then.

My hope is that Mark from Telmasters is the new owner as he has always done a great job with .tel related matters and remained very positive throughout the last few years.

Telmasters owning the top (only?) public .tel forum would make strong business sense in my opinion.

Privacy has been invoked at Who.is so I can't find the new owner that way.

Last edited by TelBlogger on 2013-03-10, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-10, 4:48 pm

maxi wrote:Hm... I see only one person who would be very interested in buying this forum: somebody from Telnic. It is only my guess, of course.

While I somewhat aggree but don't think it is I'm just waiting for who ever it is to say hello, but my best guess is who ever bought teltalk.net aka who ever owns telpowered? or something.

I expect my ban to be swift and without mercy jk I hope...

Change of forum ownership and administration 9k=
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-10, 5:04 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:... my best guess is who ever bought teltalk.net aka who ever owns telpowered?
    Yes, it also seems to be very probable variant. As for me, I do not know why, but I always thought that he is somehow connected to the same company.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-10, 5:13 pm

TelBlogger wrote:Hopefully the new owner will understand moderation and the legal issues around libel and slander better.
    Sorry, I do not agree. Moderation was good. As for deleted words or posts, please, note, that it was not easy for forum owner to run this forum because of constant threats from - you know from who. I fear that we will never see such soft moderation in future.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2013-03-11, 7:02 am

Selling this forum before the coming crash of dropping domains this year was a very smart move by the forum admin.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-11, 8:17 am

If this forum will be heavy moderated or closed in one or another way for the free exchange of opinions and ideas, for discussing that problem we can meet here (or leave our contacts here), in the topic of Russian TEL-forum: http://forumdottel.ru/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=647

Then contacts are not lost, then it could be easier to fund a new forum or to do something in that direction. Please, save that address now.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-11, 10:38 am

maxi wrote:Hm... I see only one person who would be very interested in buying this forum: somebody from Telnic. It is only my guess, of course.
    I really hope that is not the case - the Telnic Forum has withered away to just a handful of member postings since they chose to ban those whose views strayed too far from the official Telnic outlook on the situation.

Alex, good luck in whatever you have decided to do, I hope you got a good price !

One question though, .Tel is all about open communication, so why is the new owner of TelTalk.org hiding their identity ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-11, 11:49 am

TelTalk is buzzing this afternoon with Guest (i.e. non-Login) users.

Here's the stats for mid-afternoon (not usually the busiest time) in the UK:

In total there are 50 users online :: 4 Registered, 1 Hidden and 45 Guests
    Well done Alex, a good legacy as you leave the .tel project !

Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-03-12, 5:25 am

The sale of Teltalk.org is an interesting deal. Although it's not possible to make money with . tel, it's possible to make money about .tel.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-12, 7:42 am

mikeseaton wrote:One question though, .Tel is all about open communication, so why is the new owner of TelTalk.org hiding their identity ?
    Hopefully the new owner of TelTalk - Admin - will introduce himself very shortly.

The silence on this front reminds me of how difficult it has been to get responses from Telnic to perfectly reasonable customer concerns.

.TEL is all about Open Communication - not hiding away !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 3:36 am