The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+13
maxi
mikeseaton
Expert
Tel
hulltv
di7
Moonlight
ixida
x1y2
Sunrise
MWX
TelBlogger
17 posters

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Poll

how many subdomains do you need ?

[ 4 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left22%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left17%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left6%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left22%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left6%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left17%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_left10%Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 18
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 100+
    Company : None
    Service : Lifetime
    Profession : Self Employed
    Experience : 18 yrs
    Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
    Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.
    Warning level : 100 %

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Empty Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Post by shahid1 2017-03-02, 5:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all are well and anxious to see where .tel leads after 13th March, we have already been working behind the scene to make.tel more interactive as well as useable with various templates to choose from in the coming days as the plan to set up this has been taking time but we are sure to offer you the best of service as well as flexibility in pricing to cater to everyone for good.

We are thinking of introducing a free version for trail and once you feel it is good since we have server running cost as well as making this software so would appreciate if you could support us it is not expensive as all it starts with less than 10 US$ yr per yr for full hosting as well as choosing premium templates we will be adding more than 5-10 Templates every month.

the more domains you add the cheaper it is for you, to price is correctly please let us know what or how many subdomain would you need ? 

in the mean time, we would be requesting everyone to take backup of their .tel and stay tuned.

Thanks

Shahid
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Empty Re: Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Post by TelBlogger 2017-03-03, 5:19 am

Dear Shahid

What kind of templates will you be offering? Directory templates? And what features do they have?
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  Empty Re: Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Post by shahid1 2017-03-03, 2:54 pm

TelBlogger wrote:Dear Shahid

What kind of templates will you be offering? Directory templates? And what features do they have?

Dear TelBlogger,

hope you are well, happy to see you are here. The template at start with be somewhat similar to .tel but they UI is really great and you will be the best judge to know once it is fully launched the templates we plan are going to be fully similar to the way .tel templates were made but more colourful more useful and customizable depending on your requirement you can have an option to choose the same template for all pages or just one or some more over the new templates we launch we will have various suggestions from people like yourself and what you like we will implement it to cater to everyone for good. i will share some features and give some preview of it now in the next post.
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 2017-03-03, 3:12 pm

Wow happy to see so many votes I am happy to know people are actually liking this and it can mo, I have shared it with mark a bit before posting here so will share it with you guys as well to give you a better understanding of this.

1) first picture view of the panel
    2) second picture view of the panel and place where you can edit details and see your domains
    3) third where you can see the panel how to add domains its so simple and yet powerful to support you

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  110

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  211

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  311

just a rough preview of the way it will show it seems little bit not responsive but then again we are not fully launched they are fixing it

address and google map 

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  411

image gallery

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  511

video from any platform ( vimeo, youtube, dailymotion ) 

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)  611

Pricing we are thinking of as follow if you feel its low or high do share your thoughts 

prices as below are yearly prices

Create upto 5 Sub Domain Cost 5 ( 1 Domain )
    Create upto 10 Sub Domain Cost 8 USD ( 1 domain ) 
    Create upto 50 Sub Domain Cost 12 USD ( 1 domain )
    Create upto 100 Sub Domain Cost 18 USD ( 2 domains ) 
    Create upto 500 Sub Domain Cost 50 USD ( 3 domains ) 
    Create upto Unlimited Sub Domains Cost 100 USD  ( 10 Domains )

let us know what you all think

Thanks

Shahid

Post by 4444 2017-03-03, 5:32 pm

@shahid1

Top! That looks fantastic!
    MWX
    MWX

Post by MWX 2017-03-03, 7:27 pm

This is the best news for .tel I have seen during the last 8 years.

Finally, finally, somebody understands what the community is looking for.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2017-03-03, 7:40 pm

An old situation comes up:
    .tel was supposed to be easy.
    But what is happening now?
    It's not possible to build a proper website without third-party providers.
    The same problems from the past continue:

• Three credentials are needed (registrar, TelHosting, third-party provider).
    • Confusion for the customer which solution to choose.
    • Most new customers won't be aware about developing.me/.tel.
    • Why do I need a .tel for developing.me/.tel? I can do the same with any domain.
    • Devoloping.me/.tel stands in competition with hundreds of website builders.
    x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2017-03-03, 7:50 pm

I'm happy AND surprised to see such an advanced website for .tel domains for the very first time.

This is what was needed when .tel was launched in 2009.

In the year 2009 it couldn't be so difficult to realize the same or a similar solution.

What has Telnic done all these years?

The question now is if it's not too late after so many wasted years.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2017-03-03, 7:57 pm

x1y2 wrote:In the year 2009 it couldn't be so difficult to realize the same or a similar solution.

Indeed! Developing.me/.tel was developed within one or two months only by how many developers (one or two?)!
    Telnic was not able to do this within eight years!!!!!!!
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2017-03-03, 8:02 pm

Give the website template from Developing.me to all .tel customers - and .tel will take off!
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2017-03-03, 8:31 pm

Wonderful!
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2017-03-03, 10:01 pm

How can such template be enabled for all customers of Telnic automatically?
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2017-03-03, 11:40 pm

I did think you would build it on .tel...not a me.
    still nice to see my old friend businessdirectory.tel in the picture after it got moved from Telnames.
    its been a long Road all this for sure
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2017-03-04, 12:06 am

who are the people behind developing.me ?
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 2017-03-04, 3:40 am

4444 wrote:@shahid1

Top! That looks fantastic!
    Hello @4444 Thanks for taking time to see it, we are working hard on the development aspect so it is even as robust as it is visually.

MWX wrote:This is the best news for .tel I have seen during the last 8 years.

Finally, finally, somebody understands what the community is looking for.

Hello @MWX, Thanks for your likeness indeed it is the best news for .tel and me because i own a few .tel domains and i do not wish to let it die and want to keep them continued as it is for me and the fellow members i have known all the way long since 9 years. 

x1y2 wrote:I'm happy AND surprised to see such an advanced website for .tel domains for the very first time.

This is what was needed when .tel was launched in 2009.

In the year 2009 it couldn't be so difficult to realize the same or a similar solution.

The question now is if it's not too late after so many wasted years.
    Hello @x1y2 Thank you for your comment on the above it can only get better with time and your valuable suggestions as we wish to make this a product of the community rather than wait on registrars as a saying goes " start doing things on your own then wait on others to do it for you "

Not sure about telnic but i am happy we have managed to bring out something nice for our self and people we know.

It is not late because no domain has value unless you work on it, i hold some  of the best .tel and .me domains and i would never wish them to die out this is the reason we are thinking of constantly building.

Moonlight wrote:Wonderful!

@Moonlight, Thank you for your comment happy to see you like it too.
    hulltv wrote:I did think you would build it on .tel...not a me.
    still nice to see my old friend businessdirectory.tel in the picture after it got moved from Telnames.
    its been a long Road all this for sure

@Hulltv Thank you for your comment you would not but people like myself will as it is not about .me or .tel but it is about building your very own domain that you need to establish

Welcome Home Hull :D

hulltv wrote:who are the people behind developing.me ?

People behind developing.me is Muhammad Shahid who own

shahid.tel

and the reason for building is not for money but to use it himself for SpareParts.tel 

Thanks
    shahid1
    shahid1
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 2017-03-04, 3:55 am

Sunrise wrote:An old situation comes up:
    .tel was supposed to be easy.
    But what is happening now?
    It's not possible to build a proper website without third-party providers.
    The same problems from the past continue:

• Three credentials are needed (registrar, TelHosting, third-party provider).
    • Confusion for the customer which solution to choose.
    • Most new customers won't be aware about developing.me/.tel.
    • Why do I need a .tel for developing.me/.tel? I can do the same with any domain.
    • Devoloping.me/.tel stands in competition with hundreds of website builders.

.tel is easy it has nothing to be complicated in this scenario, i think providing a nice system for it that can be used to any level is better than just a single page or having to hire a programmer and giving them plenty of money and getting away with noting. 

1) the logins can be 2 if you wish unless one wants to confuse them self, we all need to understand time is flying by we need to act then just complain now there are more than 400+ tlds .tel is good if you make it good for your self.

2) Customer chooses which is the best solution for them.

3) Developing.me/tel is not limited to only .tel ( we have recently become registrar of .me ) and we are building our own site builder for it called developing.me and that's why we wanted to use it to support .tel community if no one takes it no issues it will still run fine in the long run but again the priority of the service is for .tel and will continue it.

4) Developing.me is a site builder for it's very own registrar so it has no issues if anyone chooses us or other the main thing is who provides what you need, if you feel we can offer you what you require you choose us other wise you are always free to recommend what is best for everyone.

Sunrise wrote:
    x1y2 wrote:In the year 2009 it couldn't be so difficult to realize the same or a similar solution.

Indeed! Developing.me/.tel was developed within one or two months only by how many developers (one or two?)!
    Telnic was not able to do this within eight years!!!!!!!

Developing.me was/is being built in less than 2 months but the issue is not how many developers are building it, the issue is how will it be build to compete others since we are going to have active developments it is not we launch and we stop as you need to understand i am the first consumer of this myself so if i feel i need something i am going to implement it same time and before doing it will consult and add more features by putting a poll or asking you guys.

see for many registrars or registries it is all about the money they dont look at the bigger picture if only this could be used by like 10-20m people imagine where it could lead but they just think what we are getting is enough, as personally for me perfection is never ending i would take it maximum heights ( i am might be a saying big things now but i guess it will take time to proof myself right with my very whole .tels in future INSHALLAH )

ixida wrote:Give the website template from Developing.me to all .tel customers - and .tel will take off!

IF things go good, we might apply to be a registrar of .tel and you can all enjoy the benefits of it automatically.

since there are many costs involved being a registrar also being ICANN accredited so we are trying out best to understand and look into it financially, strategically rather than just jumping into the wagon and wrecking our idea  

di7 wrote:How can such template be enabled for all customers of Telnic automatically?

it can't you would need to come to developing.me signup add your domain pay for it and just go to your nameserver and change the nameservers to ours and start using it right away from developing.me as your website will be verified and any feed you give here will be visible on your website.

Post by 4444 2017-03-04, 7:05 am

If we would have a service like developing.me a few years earlier, we wouldn't need web hosting for .tel now.
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2017-03-04, 8:27 am

When seeing what is possible with .tel, it could be the turning point we all have waited for.

At this moment, .tel is in very bad shape. But this could change everything.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-03-04, 8:45 am

Shahid,

Have you contacted Telnic to cooperate with them?
    It would be better for all .tel owners if your solution could be offered to all registrants (instead of the five years old Telnames template)!
    Unfortunately, Telnic has no development skills. That's why .tel was sleeping for eight years.
    Maybe, Telnic could pay you for your service. It should be in their interest!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2017-03-04, 10:30 am

Expert wrote:Shahid,

Have you contacted Telnic to cooperate with them?
    It would be better for all .tel owners if your solution could be offered to all registrants (instead of the five years old Telnames template)!
    Unfortunately, Telnic has no development skills. That's why .tel was sleeping for eight years.
    Maybe, Telnic could pay you for your service. It should be in their interest!

I remember a few years back I suggested to Telnic they make Mark Kolb AN OFFER HE COULDN'T REFUSE to buy out his Telmasters tools and incorporate them within the Telnic Control Panel, retaining Mark as a consultant.

They just ignored my suggestion, as they have done repeatedly over the years to many other sensible suggestions made by experienced internet marketers and developers !

Since then Telnic has got much smaller - it may be that Kash and Huw Stead are the only 2 left - and Telnic Ltd. were INSOLVENT (as at 31 December 2015) according to the ACCOUNTING definition !

So I think they are probably scrabbling around to find the money for biscuits to go with their coffee, rather than looking to buy out software developments, no matter how attractive.

My guess is Telnic are looking for an EXIT STRATEGY pretty damn quick, perhaps soon after the launch of NEW .TEL ?

If I was Shahid I would target ALL gTLDs rather than just .TEL once my product was fully developed and tested - there is a massive market for site builders, but also of course massive competition.

Best of luck Shahid with your nice-looking software project !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-03-04, 11:25 am

mikeseaton wrote:I remember a few years back I suggested to Telnic they make Mark Kolb AN OFFER HE COULDN'T REFUSE to buy out his Telmasters tools and incorporate them within the Telnic Control Panel, retaining Mark as a consultant.

Mark's tools have been based on the old, unacceptable TelHosting solution. That wouldn't have brought any benefit.
    But Shahid has developed a user-friendly and nice-looking solution. That's much better!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-04, 11:26 am

mikeseaton wrote:If I was Shahid I would target ALL gTLDs rather than just .TEL once my product was fully developed and tested - there is a massive market for site builders, but also of course massive competition.
    I also agree this this. To target all gTLDs is much better.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2017-03-04, 11:29 am

mikeseaton wrote:My guess is Telnic are looking for an EXIT STRATEGY pretty damn quick, perhaps soon after the launch of NEW .TEL ?

I expect the same, but I see nobody crazy enough paying the price desired by Telnic.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-04, 11:31 am

P.S.
    I cannot open developing_me at my computer. Is it only my problem?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2017-03-04, 11:32 am

Expert wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:My guess is Telnic are looking for an EXIT STRATEGY pretty damn quick, perhaps soon after the launch of NEW .TEL ?

I expect the same, but I see nobody crazy enough paying the price desired by Telnic.
    Expert, what price they are asking?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-19, 3:17 am