The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
fustachio.tel
maxi
Boracay
GordonWallash
8 posters

Is anybody developing domains with .tel?

GordonWallash
    GordonWallash

Warning level : 100 %

Is anybody developing domains with .tel? Empty Is anybody developing domains with .tel?

Post by GordonWallash 2012-11-27, 6:16 am

Or is everybody waiting for Telnic to develop an usable template?
    Boracay
    Boracay

Is anybody developing domains with .tel? Empty Re: Is anybody developing domains with .tel?

Post by Boracay 2012-11-27, 7:03 am

GordonWallash wrote:Or is everybody waiting for Telnic to develop an usable template?

Yes to your first question.
    The telnic templates are almost complete enough to work with.
    I am continuing developing 2 Directories. Boracay.tel (mine) and Bali.tel (contract)

...But i will add a "50/50" to your second question, because there are a few shortcomings that still need addressing with the current templates, and the mobile template needs a LOT of attention in my opinion.

You can't develop telnames obviously.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Is anybody developing domains with .tel? Empty Re: Is anybody developing domains with .tel?

Post by maxi 2012-11-27, 8:48 am

Instеаd оf TELs nоw I try tо dеvеlоp fеw my COMs. It аppеаrеd thаt it is nоt sо difficult tо dо this with WоrdPrеss аs I thоught аt thе bеginning. It is pоssiblе tо lеаrn thаt "sciеncе" quickly.

It tаkеs thе sаmе аmоunt оf timе tо mаkе а prоjеct in а TEL аnd in а COM, with thаt diffеrеncе thаt with COM I аm surе thаt I will nоt drоp it tоmоrrоw - аs I аlrеаdy did with cоuplе оf my prоjеcts оn TELs.

Alsо, аs I nоticеd, rеcеntly sеаrch еnginеs bеgаn tо discriminаtе TELs аnd tо prеfеr COMs. And thаt аlsо hаd sоmе influеncе оn dеcisiоn tо chооsе COMs.

Tо prоjеcts оn TELs I mаy bе rеturn lаtеr: if multi-subdоmаins TEL prоjеct will bе rеаnimаtеd by Tеlnic. Or if Tеlnic will bе bоught by аnоthеr cоmpаny оr if its tоp mаnаgеmеnt will bе chаngеd.

If I wоuld knеw frоm thе bеginning thаt Tеlnic will end with its rеcеnt оnе-pаgе-TEL cоmpаny, I wоuld invеst nоt а singlе pеnny intо it. But аs I аlrеаdy invеstеd intо it (in its fоrmеr multi-subdоmаins Tеlnic's prоjеct) аnd bеcаusе оf thаt hоpе thаt sоmеthing cоuld chаngе with mаnаgеmеnt аnd Tеlnic's pоlitics, I dо nоt drоp аll my TELs, but оnly rеducе thеm by hаlf оr sо.

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-11-27, 9:56 am

Not so much developing as I usually just forward all my dot tels to my telnames one so with telnames I don't feel a need to camp thousands of dot tel keywords or even buy them (still dropping loads) and or develop them, I'd rather focus on myself, tried the whole develop etc and it was not practical for me to do it.
    The same way having a blog it was not practical for me to do that, it was just too time consuming taking me away from what I really wanted to do, yea sure marketing is necessary and most blogs are but if I don't do X Y Z first then theres no point doing F.
    When you have what I consider a quality service it reduces my need to compensate via buying things I don't need so yes thats why I don't see it as really necessary to own thousands, but nothing wrong with being surgical in what you choose if you've had your eye on something for a while like I have.
    So I just picked up http://blacksmith.tel I'll put something on this but not too much! and see how it works out for me in my future.
    As for the old proxy I think it's fine the purple one for things like this that's worth keeping in Google search results, as it's more an intended service than camping. (I'm also using opera again which is why they're are no spaces between my text when I press enter aka a bug!?!?)
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-27, 10:16 am

IMO "development" of .tels is NOW a dead duck - following the decision of Telnic/Telnames to stop all marketing of Telnic subdomain .tels and only promote Telnames single-page .tels as shown by http://YourBusiness.tel

This was of course the original .tel concept i.e. a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT for all your web information, nothing more !

So it's back to March 2009 really, but with the addition of a SUPERIOR TEMPLATE and MARKETING BY "TELNAMES".

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2012-11-27, 7:29 pm

mikeseaton wrote:IMO "development" of .tels is NOW a dead duck

Mike, I've only been over here for a few weeks and I've seen you say this over and over repeatedly. It's not correct to keep saying this.

Telnic did deliver new pro.tel templates even AFTER telnames was/is flying the flag....and Aled has also said on the telnic forum that telnic are looking into making a few simple changes (as some of us have been asking for and demonstrating the need for) . not all requests have been flatly rejected. And besides that, the pro .tel desktop and ipad templates are satisfactory for the most part.. I would hope that telnic provide a development update to the pro .tel mobile template to match the themes of the desktop (the wheel turns slowly admittedly)

Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2012-11-28, 2:21 am

mikeseaton wrote:
    This was of course the original .tel concept i.e. a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT for all your web information, nothing more !

Mike, nothing more?
    Directories were highlighted from the beginning. All through the newsletters attention was also being drawn to directories and i even remember telnic/nadya directly asking for examples to use in their marketing. It's true that the product was not initially flexible enough to create the full immersive directory experience, but it's getting closer.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-11-28, 2:30 am

Boracay wrote:Directories were highlighted from the beginning.
    As I remember, from the very beginning, from Landrush, there were 1000 subfolders for one TEL available. Some time after Telnic allowed 3000 subfolders for each TEL.

Without subfolders it would be not an interesting product, and I think nobody would pay $300 at Landrush for one-page-TEL with limit of 20 contacts.
    Lisammy
    Lisammy

Post by Lisammy 2012-11-28, 6:04 am

Long time I'd been here..reason..yes, we are still developping on the .tel...We found out that to sell the .tel to business companies we needed some add-ons...So what we did the last months is that we developped add-ons:

1.) we are able to place on 7 (5 are readable on the smartphones) places our own mobile advertisment. (banner, fims etc..)

2.) we developped a reporting tool...Necessary for customers to show who visited the mobile advertisment.

3.) we developped a booking tool - for hotels, doctors, restaurants etc.

4.) we developped the possibilty for a small mobile online shop for the .tel. In this case we did it for a vine producer.

and we are now on our way for venture capital to realize another big item...to combine the .tel and our business directory with Augmented Reality...

Without these add-ons you might be able to sell a .tel to private people but the moment you want to make a business for companies out of it you need it. But again it meant spending a lot of money and a lot of work and time...to make .tel a business
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2012-11-28, 6:31 am

I see a lot of confusion for .tel.
    This is caused by the silence from Telnic.
    All customers need an advanced product, not only SMB in the UK.
    I expect a big increase in good .tel websites as soon Telnic gives us the quality from Telnames.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-11-28, 7:50 am

mikeseaton wrote:IMO "development" of .tels is NOW a dead duck - following the decision of Telnic/Telnames to stop all marketing of Telnic subdomain .tels and only promote Telnames single-page .tels as shown by http://YourBusiness.tel

I thought it useful to clarify the above post for the benefit of Boracay and a few others.

It's In My Opinion, which of course is the purpose of a discussion board !

I'm not saying Pro .Tel is going to disappear in the next month or so. What I feel is it is no longer worth spending my valuable time developing the old style Telnic subdomain .tels as I originally planned to do (Jens recently formed the same opinion).

As we all know Telnic/Telnames are the same organisation - if you do a company search and look at the current Directors of Telnames Ltd. you will see there has been a change in the last few weeks - Fiona has resigned and been replaced by Henri - Kash of course is the constant as CEO of both Telnames Ltd. and Telnic Ltd.

So with these 2 guys (Telnames only has 2 directors) driving the Telnic/Telnames operation forward from a strategy perspective (Telnic as we know is more or less on hold), and Kash the business guy, then Henri is obviously the person who will be setting the technical agenda for the .tel project.

Read Henri's posts on Telnames blog and recent media interviews, and you will find he stresses that the FUTURE OF .TEL is as a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT, SINGLE PAGE, MOBILE INTERNET presence.

Go Figure - I Have !

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2012-11-28, 8:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2012-11-28, 8:03 am

Lisammy wrote:Long time I'd been here..reason..yes, we are still developping on the .tel...We found out that to sell the .tel to business companies we needed some add-ons...So what we did the last months is that we developped add-ons:

1.) we are able to place on 7 (5 are readable on the smartphones) places our own mobile advertisment. (banner, fims etc..)

2.) we developped a reporting tool...Necessary for customers to show who visited the mobile advertisment.

3.) we developped a booking tool - for hotels, doctors, restaurants etc.

4.) we developped the possibilty for a small mobile online shop for the .tel. In this case we did it for a vine producer.

and we are now on our way for venture capital to realize another big item...to combine the .tel and our business directory with Augmented Reality...

Without these add-ons you might be able to sell a .tel to private people but the moment you want to make a business for companies out of it you need it. But again it meant spending a lot of money and a lot of work and time...to make .tel a business

That's great to hear that others too are continuing working on older style sub domain based .tels
    Can you provide a link or example of how you are implementing your booking tool?
    You might also like to check over on the telnic forum, there is a current topic asking for a PayPal type submission add-on. Perhaps you have a ready-to-go tool?
    marimax
    marimax

Post by marimax 2012-12-01, 2:17 pm

You should offer these features to all .tel owners for free or small charge.

All these features are needed to make .tel more popular

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 7:25 am