The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
supercyberheroes
Sunrise
6 posters

This is the very LAST chance for .tel

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

This is the very LAST chance for .tel Empty This is the very LAST chance for .tel

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-13, 12:17 pm

The Telnic concept with ancient design failed.
    The Telnames concept with one-pager failed, too.
    Next month the first renewal period for Telnames will start. From then registrations for Telnames will start falling like they do for Telnic.
    Ask yourself: Why anyone should become interested in .tel if he didn’t see benefit for it until now?

IMHO only the following action can rescue .tel:
    Providing a huge amount of additional features / widgets to let people create nice websites with .tel.
    Best would be doing this with an open source project as described here: http://www.teltalk.org/t1046-how-the-future-of-tel-will-look-after-telnic#6307
    If many people would enjoy building complete websites with .tel, several of them should make up their way to good Google search results.

I know Telnic wants to keep the contact concept, but Telnic could define an area in .tel websites where this remains unmodified.
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

This is the very LAST chance for .tel Empty Re: This is the very LAST chance for .tel

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-03-13, 1:28 pm

Sunrise wrote:

IMHO only the following action can rescue .tel:
    Providing a huge amount of additional features / widgets to let people create nice websites with .tel.
    Best would be doing this with an open source project as described here: http://www.teltalk.org/t1046-how-the-future-of-tel-will-look-after-telnic#6307

I know Telnic wants to keep the contact concept, but Telnic could define an area in .tel websites where this remains unmodified.

Actually you can use widgets using telcp tool just check out here: http://telcp.blogspot.co.uk/

Regards

www.movie.tel
    www.ideal.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

This is the very LAST chance for .tel Empty Re: This is the very LAST chance for .tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-13, 1:29 pm

Or you take part in making teltalk a real org, one that represents all parties and is capable of runing the telnic proxy, then when it comes up for renewal hey presto teltalk the huge well managed not for profit community org beats tel away from telnic because ICANN wanted people involved aka its supposed to be community based as its a networking thing.

SO when ICANN gets the chance to hand it over to another company or ORG teltalk being prepared = complete shoe in the door, because teltalk will have 90% or more of all tel owners on their side. Then you just present ICANN with a list of requests that telnic did not want to do and hay presto you're allowed to go in that direction BECAUSE! teltalk is community based not for profit and if anyone knows what the tld needs it's people who use it aka the whole reason why its in the contract that telnic must listen to their community.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-13, 3:03 pm

supercyberheroes wrote:Actually you can use widgets using telcp tool just check out here: http://telcp.blogspot.co.uk/
    It’s nice to have a weather widget on a .tel, but that won’t rescue .tel.
    What we need is great design in HTML 5 adoptable by users easily.
    The results created by end users must be equal to a .com.
    AND it must be easy manageable for non-developers!
    Only with this .tel can survive!

Please think about Movie.tel:
    I like your .tel! But how much effort did you have by creating it?
    As an advanced user wouldn’t you be able to create the same results with a .com in the same time?
    The only real benefit you have from this domain is the unique keyword “movie”, because it’s already taken for .com of course.
    But the tools from Telnic don’t offer you any advantage.

To make my point clearer:
    Would you rather own Movie.com, Movie.net or Movie.tel?
    Which extension gives you the best options in website design and setup speed (besides other factors)?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-13, 3:17 pm

@fustachio

Your idea is very good, but has a small weakness: Who brings the money in?
    Is here anybody who wants to spend the required millions of US dollar?
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2013-03-13, 4:32 pm

The problem is that we have far too few .tels like movie.tel. How can we encourage the owners to develop similar projects?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-13, 4:43 pm

ixida wrote:The problem is that we have far too few .tels like movie.tel. How can we encourage the owners to develop similar projects?
    The answer you'll find in my opening post.
    But no motivation will arise by cancelation all development and shutting out all customers.
    Unfortunately exactly this Telnic is doing since long. I have never seen a company before so eager for losing customers.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-13, 4:43 pm

ixida wrote:The problem is that we have far too few .tels like movie.tel. How can we encourage the owners to develop similar projects?
    Why not you want to develop something similar on your TELs? It is much easier than to ask somebody.
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-03-13, 5:34 pm

@sunrise telcp widgets is not just for weather if you read down to the bottom you can read it: Similar widgets for Stock market quotes, Forex rates, Auction updates, Bargain Sales, Lottery results etc can be designed and displayed on any .tel page.

In Fact I have weather and currency in spanish (clima, moneda) and I will use those widgets to develop those sites.

@ ixida - maxi, sunrise and others: about movie.tel I have not developed it even 50%, soon you will see more things added, not money at all yet, but it will comes.
    every pages at movie.tel are not similar yet, but they will be. I am going to show you all a page that look likes a .com page and I still have more things to add, please check this page in both phone and PC and tell me if does not looks a .com is here at movie.tel: http://jack-the-giant-slayer.usa.movie.tel/

Regards.

www.movie.tel
    www.ideal.tel
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-13, 5:46 pm

No doubt Movie.tel looks fantastic.
    Together with Barack.tel it's one of the two nice looking .tel. (More nice .tel I don't know - Telnames excluded.)
    I like to support your enthusiasm and hope Movie.tel will get a bigger audience.

But you can see the limitations easily. Here a few examples I see at first sight:

1.) The domain title looks crowded:
    movie.tel best optimized movie trailers - this week USA top 2 box office is: JACK THE GIANT SLAYER
    2.) The domain header is confusing by using the same text formatting:
    movie.tel - USA top box office: jack the giant slayer.
    Rating: PG13,1hr 54min
    Genres:Sci-Fi,Action
    Director: Bryan Singer
    Distributor:Warner Bros.
    Starring: Nicholas Hoult, Eleanor Tomlinson, Ewan McGregor
    3.) The separation of domain elements makes the overview complicated:
    Video, links and movie description are not logical connected.
    4.) Navigation through the domain is not easy. The visitor has to go forward and back all the time.

Because of the technical restrictions you won't be able to solve these problems. (As long Telnic doesn't give developers access, only Telnic itself could.)
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-03-13, 6:17 pm

Sunrise wrote:No doubt Movie.tel looks fantastic.
    Together with Barack.tel it's one of the two nice looking .tel. (More nice .tel I don't know - Telnames excluded.)
    I like to support your enthusiasm and hope Movie.tel will get a bigger audience.

But you can see the limitations easily. Here a few examples I see at first sight:

1.) The domain title looks crowded:
    movie.tel best optimized movie trailers - this week USA top 2 box office is: JACK THE GIANT SLAYER
    2.) The domain header is confusing by using the same text formatting:
    3.) The separation of domain elements makes the overview complicated:
    Video, links and movie description are not logical connected.
    4.) Navigation through the domain is not easy. The visitor has to go forward and back all the time.

Because of the technical restrictions you won't be able to solve these problems. (As long Telnic doesn't give developers access, only Telnic itself could.)

Thanks for your feedback.

1 an 2 you are right, but I use it for SEO purpose I may change it to a less crowded and remember the header is much perfect for SEO than the keywords that is why I did so. I use best optimized and optimized movie trailers for SEO too, look best optimized at google.co.uk: http://x.co/wvVo or optimized at UK too: http://x.co/wvWl or optimized at google.com http://x.co/wvXp or again best optimized at google.com http://x.co/wvYI

3 is complicate due that you see it in different way: I mean you see one display in iphone and a different display in BB. etc

4 in PC is fine and easy on a phone you are right.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-03-13, 8:23 pm

Regarding ...

... you could use custom search keywords which provide a heading for each text block, eg
    see under More Information at http://maximize-awareness.201.tel/
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-03-13, 9:02 pm

kprobe wrote:Regarding ...

... you could use custom search keywords which provide a heading for each text block, eg
    see under More Information at http://maximize-awareness.201.tel/

Hi Mark thanks are you using the new temple?
    I am using the SYNOPSIS as key words, that help or do I need to do some thing else?

www.ideal.tel
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-03-13, 9:18 pm

This is a feature of third party tools, eg Quick Update or Telvision and available in all templates.
    Your synopsis is just plain free text.
    In Quick Update, the fields are called Custom Keywords, similar in TV.
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-03-13, 9:24 pm

Now you can buy the latest movie posters for any occasion at movie.tel - a lot more posters will comes, check out here: http://movie-posters.movie.tel/

Regards

www.ideal.tel
    www.movie.tel
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-03-13, 9:32 pm

kprobe wrote:This is a feature of third party tools, eg Quick Update or Telvision and available in all templates.
    Your synopsis is just plain free text.
    In Quick Update, the fields are called Custom Keywords, similar in TV.

Thank very much for your information.

Regards

www.ideal.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 5:19 am