The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Legal problems Teltalk

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %

Legal problems Teltalk Empty Legal problems Teltalk

Post by Admin 2013-04-02, 6:53 pm

I didn’t want to talk about it, because I think it’s immoral and against the rules for data protection to talk about private messages. But for clarification: There isn’t and there was no legal case. Before I was forum administrator, this forum received several messages from Telnic employees making demands what forum topics have to be restricted from public access together with the threat for imaginary damages. Alex seemed to be in agreement with it and followed the demands. I don’t want to surrender more confidential information. Should I get involved in any legal problems, I'll close this forum before it was sold. After I've told more than I wanted to, I would like to ask a question: Do you have any suggestions for me or the following forum administrator?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Legal problems Teltalk Empty Re: Legal problems Teltalk

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-02, 7:09 pm

Whilst no-one wants to get involved in unnecessary legal action, sometimes organisations do try it on, particularly when dealing with a lone individual !

It's obviously impossible for anyone to make a detailed comment without reading the emails you received, but here's a recent post I made which shines a pragmatic light on the situation.

mikeseaton wrote:Even if there was a genuine legal case against the owner of TelTalk - and remember YOU CANNOT BE SUED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH - be interesting to see how successful a UK-based company would be in pursuing litigation against a
    US-based individual shielded from identification by a domain protection service !
    http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 2013-04-02, 7:17 pm

mikeseaton wrote:It's obviously impossible for anyone to make a detailed comment without reading the emails you received
    I don't know what to do. Should I publish those e-mails from Telnic here for more openness? Or do I act against privacy policy then? Please help me out!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-02, 7:53 pm

Admin wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:It's obviously impossible for anyone to make a detailed comment without reading the emails you received
    I don't know what to do. Should I publish those e-mails from Telnic here for more openness? Or do I act against privacy policy then? Please help me out!
    HOW ABOUT DOING NOTHING - BUT CONTINUING EXACTLY AS OF NOW ?

Some time ago I had an organisation try it on with me regarding a domain name I own which contains generic keywords - http://UKWatersideProperty.com

The organisation got a solicitor to write to me claiming there could be confusion with their client's waterside property estate agency (bricks and mortar plus web site), even though their client's company name and domain name contained different, but still generic, waterside property keywords.

I simply did not believe there could be a legal case against me - they also wanted me to hand over my domain name to them for nothing !

I decided to call their bluff (a solicitor's letter has no more legal standing than one from you or me) and see if they made a formal complaint against me.

What developed was absolutely nothing (beyond them getting a bill from their solicitor) when they realised they had to "put up or shut up" and that I would not be intimidated.

They realised they were on an expensive hiding to nothing and decided not to waste any more money on paying solicitors to write ineffective try-it-on letters to me.

That was my experience - I hope this tale makes you consider doing absolutely nothing at all !

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-04-02, 8:09 pm

You can be sued for telling the truth. Perhaps the judgement will go your way though (after you spend lots of money).
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-02, 8:15 pm

TelBlogger wrote:You can be sued for telling the truth. Perhaps the judgement will go your way though (after you spend lots of money).
    Not in commercial cases in the UK (where Telnic are registered) you can't !

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-04-02, 8:18 pm

Surely the issue is sorted out in court?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 2013-04-05, 11:23 pm

Thank you for your first messages in reference to the upcoming auction at http://www.teltalk.org/t1119-auction-teltalkorg-from-12-to-19-april-2013 If you want to know more about the problems above, please leave me a message. I will give the important information to all serious buyers before the auction starts.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-04-06, 5:11 am

mikeseaton wrote:Not in commercial cases in the UK (where Telnic are registered) you can't !
    mikeseaton, do you agree if I will write your post in this way:

"Not in commercial cases in the UK (where Telnic are registered). You can't be sued for telling the truth!"

Now it still bears the same sense as before?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 2013-04-07, 9:54 am

All forum members who announced their interest in the upcoming forum auction will find a private message with more details about the legal problems in their mailbox here. Please keep the information confidential, because it’s for your eyes only as you have shown interest in taking over this forum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 6:29 am