The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
Tim Spears
TelGirl
Sunrise
Toptel
8 posters

When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing?

Toptel
    Toptel

Warning level : 100 %

When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing? Empty When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing?

Post by Toptel 2013-04-23, 8:54 am

When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing? Telnam10
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing? Empty Re: When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing?

Post by Sunrise 2013-04-23, 1:54 pm

Telnic sticks to the wrong assumption from 2009:
    "Contact data are important for communication."
    But contact data alone aren't a salable product when it comes to websites or homepages!

And customers are much more demanding today than 20 years ago.
    Telnic should have learned this during the last 4 years!
    But no reaction or adaptation until today.
    TelGirl
    TelGirl

When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing? Empty Re: When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing?

Post by TelGirl 2013-04-23, 6:32 pm

I'm convinced the .tel community will start celebrating as soon Telnic delivers what has been requested so many times. Perhaps we only have to wait a few years for this to happen.
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-04-23, 8:55 pm

Only two things can make people wanting to buy a .tel: either offering a dialing solution together with a telco or offering an advanced website builder.
    For option number 1 no partner is in sight; option 2 is too much work for the only programmer responsible for Telnic and Telnames: www.huw.tel
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-04-24, 3:01 am

I'm wondering why do people constantly ask for the ability of creating full web sites from the only domain that was not created for this purpose.

There are over 300 domains (and soon over 2000) that permit the creation of full sites.

.tel is another thing, created for another use.

When I bought my first .tel, I knew what I was buying.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2013-04-24, 6:28 am

silvano wrote:I'm wondering why do people constantly ask for the ability of creating full web sites from the only domain that was not created for this purpose.

There are over 300 domains (and soon over 2000) that permit the creation of full sites.

.tel is another thing, created for another use.

When I bought my first .tel, I knew what I was buying.

Can't agree with your comments. The value of the .tel extension is in the name which implies contact. But this value has to be supported with whatever the customer wants in order to use it.

Open source coding is the best way for an outfit of the calibre (lol!) of Telnic to do this.

How do I know this? Because the demand is simply not in the marketplace for the bare bones .tel extension you suggest (and which you invested in). But I bet there is market demand for the .tel with all the optional bells and whistles.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2013-04-24, 6:47 am

Sunrise wrote:Telnic sticks to the wrong assumption from 2009:
    "Contact data are important for communication."
    But contact data alone aren't a salable product when it comes to websites or homepages!

Elementary contact data is very difficult to find in Google. It is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Yellow Pages is extremely successful worldwide as an intelligent place to find trusted contact data and elementary profiles, which let visitors then select which path to take for more information (website, social page, twitter page, telephone, email, etc.) without downloading and sorting through thousands of webpages. It proves by its ranking that it is used by billions of intelligent people as a directory of contact data and the place to start a search.

The only thing missing with .tel is the success that comes with a directory that is valuable to accomodate valuable elementary profiles like Telnames. Intelligent people look for key information, and then expand their search from there. A perfect example is a library.

If you throw all the books in a pile (websites) you have a disaster.

Even a small library requires a directory and organization.

A Telnames directory would be the perfect elementary contact solution.

Telpages is like taking a library full of books, tearing out all the pages, and throwing them in a pile. Like Google, it's for fools. Where a real search for elementary contact information is needed, you choose yellow pages or the like.

.tel has always had something very good going for it, its reference to the telephone. Elementary solutions like a single point of contact for your all your contact information is brilliant, they just forgot a brilliant single point of contact for everyone's single point of contact, an intelligent directory.

Even a small library requires intelligent organization, get a clue Telnic.

Telephone + Telephone Directory = Industry Success (elementary contact data)

.tel (Telnames) + .tel directory (Telnames) = industry success (elementary contact data)

Added:

The mission is always the same, just complete it Telnic:

Communication Device (Requires) Communication Addressing (Requires) Communication Addressing Directory.

The World has the Communication Devices and the Communication Addressing, and Telnic with Telnames has Part 1 of the Communication Addressing Directory. Finish Part 2, the Telnames Directory, and actually FINISH THE MISSION !!!!!!
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2013-05-07, 6:51 am

ATTENTION: Never give constructive criticism or you will be blocked!

When will Telnic / Telnames understand that something very important is missing? Blocke10
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-05-07, 7:40 am

"NewYorkCity" sums up the current situation concisely:

NewYorkCity wrote:I summarize comments from this forum:

1. SEO for Telnames isn't possible, because Telnames has no subdomains.
    2. Telnames can't be found on Telpages, because search results are sorted by subdomains and not by content.
    3. No other directories for Telnames exist that look nice and could make websites from Telnames accessible easily.

Telnames seems to sell more and more websites, but will the buyers not start wondering why nobody can find them (and consequently not visit them) ?????

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:22 am