The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

Advice for domain sale

limejuice
    limejuice

Warning level : 100 %

Advice for domain sale Empty Advice for domain sale

Post by limejuice 2013-06-12, 12:02 pm

Hi I've just received an offer for one of my tld's on Sedo which is not a .tel

Although the offer was inline with Sedo's price suggestion being about 300 euros I did feel that it was a little low, as Valuator which seems to show some realistic prices seems to value it at about $15,000

Under normal circumstances, I could push it into their Auction, then let it run and wait to see what happens.

But this offer came to Sedo via Go Daddy which because it is a Cross Platform whatever that is, I cannot push this name into their Auction.

As my potential buyer is not dealing with Sedo direct, I cannot get in touch with them to try and negociate.

It does seem to be a bit of a clever move on the buyers part, as because they have gone through Go Daddy any other potential bidders have effectively been locked out.

The only thing I can do is to submit a counter offer but in doing so I might scare the buyer off.

This is all a bit of a new one on me, so maybe you could give me some advice.

I don't want to say what the name is but its pretty well sold out and fairly hot.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Advice for domain sale Empty Re: Advice for domain sale

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-12, 12:58 pm

limejuice wrote:This is all a bit of a new one on me, so maybe you could give me some advice.

I don't want to say what the name is but its pretty well sold out and fairly hot.
    @limejuice - How can you expect forum members to give advice over whether to accept or reject a 300 Euros offer for a domain name if you won't say what the domain name is ?

If you need forum members help in solving a problem you do need to give out the necessary information - why would you want to keep quiet about a potential domain sale if you are seeking better offers ?

If it doesn't work out then the resultant publicity (remember TelTalk's posts are heavily featured in search engines) may result in another offer - perhaps this time via Sedo itself where you can kick off a 7-day auction with the offer as the Reserve price.

Don't forget if you post the domain name here to make it a clickable link, preferably to a Sedo parked page which will have their "For Sale" link on.

Although the offer is via GoDaddy the payment will be via Sedo in the situation you have described - Sedo are very quick payers once they have received the buyers funds and I have used them successfully many times to sell domain names (mostly .coms).

Good luck with the sale !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. To get an idea of what others are asking for similar names, go to http://www.name.com and enter your domain name in the search box - you will see many alternatives offered for sale showing the prices being asked.

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 11:20 pm