The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
Richy
riskebiz
6 posters

.tel and SMS

riskebiz
    riskebiz

Warning level : 100 %

.tel and SMS Empty .tel and SMS

Post by riskebiz 2013-07-03, 5:29 pm

Does anyone think there would be value in adding a SMS component to a .tel domain or Telnames site?  Any suggestions on a functionality combining the two that would add value to the end user?
    Richy
    Richy

.tel and SMS Empty Re: .tel and SMS

Post by Richy 2013-07-03, 6:25 pm

The answer can be only YES. A lot of ideas have been discussed that can add value for .tel:
    - SMS exchange between .tels
    - Payment clearance with .tel
    - E-mail application for .tel
    - E-mail encryption through .tel
    - Dialing a .tel
    .tel could be the base for many innovations. Telnic provides the infrastructure; the web community has to do the rest.
    TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELwax 2013-07-03, 6:34 pm

@riskedbiz , can you rephrase your question ?
    what do you mean by "component" ?
    Can you illustrate by example usecase how you desire to use SMS ?

>>> There are different ways , already embedded indeed  in dot Tels as @Richy stated ... and therefore already available when mobile browsing (does not work from desktop browsing in most case).

Please kindly detail your question for further answers ?
    Tim Spears
    Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears 2013-07-03, 6:39 pm

Telnic could integrate the exchange of text messages into Telfriends, so they would appear there. Unfortunately Telnic don't develop anymore.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2013-07-03, 6:54 pm

The easiest way sending a SMS is if every cell phone user owns a .tel and can be contacted with website.tel instead of +44123456789.
    If I click the cell phone on a .tel, it would be perfect if my cell phone asks me if I want to call or text it.
    If I want to text it, an app for free SMS should open automatically.
    I guess it's only a matter of time until developers of free apps will make this possible, because it's very easy.
    TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELwax 2013-07-03, 8:10 pm

@moonlight

in my understanding,

-  apps are apps and whatever best app suffer first from download bareer related to its marketing & communication capability or efforts.
    ( as to illustrate see some example about difficulties for free apps from best developpers to succeed on Appstores :  http://iphone-app.flashlight.tel  by checking download figures)

- SMS is a base function, and TELs already have the corresponding base feature ...as to be already reachable by millions of feature phones only GPRS enabled who only support alternatively ... SMS and USSD (so far from advanced 4G phones, although we do like http://4G.TEL )

- SMS is a nice way to contact people (not too much disturbing, always reach ) or to today trigger basics of Internet of things, SMS search, mobile access to Facebook or Twitter by SMS in Asia, India , South America, Africa, etc ..

- A2P SMS market is growing, certainly for Medium & large enterprise B2C segment first, although SMBs can leverage easily into some SMS CRM models for their small business .

- IMHO however name texting (name SMSing ) , like name Calling , is  still immature and an economic nonsense, and will not be sustainable and offered to end users until there is a steady business model for it, which will need to serve telcos FIRST among the stake holders. Some candidates to circumvent or complement 1800 and 0800 gold numbers business ??? ;+)

- so using genuine SMS functions built in TELs is a best move in B2C and A2C markets, while finding the good vertical for it is the key to reach enough popularity, but intrinsically a good genuine feature of TELs at any TEL owners level when considering mobile usage of his TN/Tel

- in May 2013 Google and Yahoo indeed disabled their SMS internet search due to more sharp plans on Smartphones and tablets on their home markets... but such SMS search are still of high use in many developing countries... and do have some addicted mobile users in USA while they are on the move (or possibly driving  lol ;+)

>>>> looking forward to further read or exchange on this other still untapped basic feature from TELs/TNs
    TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELwax 2013-07-04, 1:21 pm

Moonlight said wrote:in post 5 :
    The easiest way sending a SMS is if every cell phone user owns a .tel and can be contacted with website.tel instead of +44123456789.
    If I click the cell phone on a .tel, it would be perfect if my cell phone asks me if I want to call or text it.
    If I want to text it, an app for free SMS should open automatically.
    I guess it's only a matter of time until developers of free apps will make this possible, because it's very easy.

Hello @moonlight

Reading again your post N°5 !

However, it seems that entering a mobile number for call AND same number (or another mobile number) for texting to it, just solves the use case ? 

And do not call for any whatsapp app development for Tels ?

Furthermore , you may somehow prevent potential unvanted cold calls to your mobile number by ONLY setting the mobile number to be texted only , although users (and possibly bots, if bots do have heard about dot TELs ) can copy it and call you direct although it generally costs money to call especially on mobile.

But while allowing both, or forcing  to SMS only settings from your TEL editor side, then you do not need some further app to decide  wether wether they should call or Text any longer ! Just tap on the relevant bearer you want or are allowed to ?

>>> Does this indirectly finally suggest that TELs/Telnames SHOULD always , AT LEAST, publish contact mobile numbers Under SMS form as shy visitor will less refrain themselves from texting to a number than to cold calling a number, also solving time difference between countries ??
    riskebiz
    riskebiz

Post by riskebiz 2013-07-04, 2:58 pm

One of the ideas I had was bundling in a service like Twilio which would allow users to setup a separate dedicated mobile number that could still be texted to, or called, but would act as a buffer between users real mobile number and visitor calling/texting, so their privacy is maintained.
    NewYorkCity
    NewYorkCity
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by NewYorkCity 2013-07-04, 3:12 pm

riskebiz wrote:One of the ideas I had was bundling in a service like Twilio which would allow users to setup a separate dedicated mobile number that could still be texted to, or called, but would act as a buffer between users real mobile number and visitor calling/texting, so their privacy is maintained.
    Nice idea; I like it. To me it seems services like Twilio and Telnic would be a perfect fit.

Owners of a .tel domain could use the phone number from Twilio without further requirements. But a liaison between them could help both services to attract attention.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 3:17 am