The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years...

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years... Empty Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years...

Post by mikeseaton 2013-08-20, 1:34 pm

...it really is quite a depressing end to what was a revolutionary idea over a decade ago by Telnic's founders.

I have now decided to quit the .tel project !

You will see my username logged-in now and again and I may post some .tel domains for sale if I judge there is any point in doing this, but IMO it is simply is a waste of time and money continuing to have an interest in this failing extension as it is currently being run by Telnic/Telnames.

I have never in all my years of internet business come across an organisation so determined to alienate what's left of its "ecosystem".

I predict many of Telnic's 122 Registrars will be the next to leave.

Have you ever come across a manufacturer of a product that releases a desirable new version and then refuses to let its army of 122 retail outlets sell it - but instead sells it direct to their customers ?

You couldn't make up some of the massive mistakes made in the running of the .tel project - but Telnic/Telnames have every right to squander opportunities as long as they have the money to do so - IMO this won't be for much longer !

Good Luck To You All - You Will Need It !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Tely
    Tely

Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years... Empty Re: Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years...

Post by Tely 2013-08-20, 2:08 pm

Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years... Empty Re: Joe Public still has NO knowledge of .tel after 4+ years...

Post by Mad Max 2013-08-20, 2:26 pm

Tely wrote:Telnic only need to do this and everything will be fine:

http://www.whatsyourtel.com/t40-requirements-for-a-content-management-system-cms-at-telnic
    great !
    another 4 years to wait for !
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-08-22, 9:12 pm

mikeseaton wrote:...it really is quite a depressing end to what was a revolutionary idea over a decade ago by Telnic's founders.

I have now decided to quit the .tel project !
    This is my last post on this forum unless there is a buyout or trade sale at Telnic.

So many of us got it wrong about .tel - but one man got it right - before .tel even launched !

There is a chance — however slight — that .tel will succeed. Telnic will have to do a few things perfectly to get this to work. First, make .tel integrate into third party applications better than Plaxo, LinkedIn, Facebook, and MySpace currently do. Second, it should give away .tel domains to individuals and hope to make money on businesses instead. It must get to critical mass quickly, so that I have a reasonable belief that typing in myfriend.tel will get me what I want. Third, it needs to pray that Facebook doesn’t kill it overnight by creating some sort of online vcard.
    It's over - at least until the money runs out at Telnic - so accept it and move on with your life - I have !

Remember, The Nice Thing About Banging Your Head On A Brick Wall Is When You Stop Doing It !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-08-23, 12:38 am

mikeseaton wrote:one man got it right - before .tel even launched !
    not only one man !
    follow the early discussions about .tel: whenever people making money in the domain industry have been asked, they always said that a restricted domain extension cannot succeed
    they complained about the limitations in search engine performance from the beginning - and telnic has not done anything against it until today
    only people without deeper knowledge about domain business have seen a chance for .tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 12:53 am