The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+23
Alex
lostwithiel
NewYorkCity
hulltv
Fev2
Watcher
kprobe
supercyberheroes
maxi
as
TELwax
ixida
let
ProjectTel
Sunrise
Boracay
mikeseaton
Telnot
Expert
Tim Spears
Tely
27 posters

Telnic Announces All-numeric Long Domain Strings Available from 15th October 2013

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Telnic Announces All-numeric Long Domain Strings Available from 15th October 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Telnic Announces All-numeric Long Domain Strings Available from 15th October 2013

Post by mikeseaton 2013-10-10, 6:16 pm

TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Telnic Announces All-numeric Long Domain Strings Available from 15th October 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Telnic Announces All-numeric Long Domain Strings Available from 15th October 2013

Post by TELwax 2013-10-11, 9:13 am

Registrars do hand over to customers marketing materials and usecases that have been submitted to them , when they feel is is worth it for their customers, whatever the registrars ' metering rules.

So, generally usecases are to be edited by the Registry (who else would do, a Teltalk forum editor ?) , unless Registrars dig themselves further ( but no real reasons for them however, as supposedly the best pitch should come from the Registries themselves * )

>>> Breaking news :<<< another registrar ,  101domain, did here gently report to its Customers the very enthusiatic press release from Telnic , apparently still quoting the same high level initial usecase communicated :

http://www.101domain.com/blog/generic-domains-news/telnic-announces-release-allnumeric-tel-domains-8-digits/

*= The situation is exactly as if finally TELnic fears that more further communication on TEL would jeopardize TLN sales ?

Although IMHO it would be , on the contrary , in a business-logical world , that more sales and awareness on dot TEL in general should bring more awareness onto packaged TELs , therefore onto those packaged TELs offered nearly solely by TLN , therefore possibly driving more sales for TLN too ?

But of course if no communication on potential usecases (to be appreciated by the market) from the Registry, than the task is even more difficult from Registrars, and the results very predictible.

Why TElnic did not, or still does not want to make further PR on its release of all-numeric TELs next week, with for example the 11 usecases listed here on this forum , in addition to other usecases they might/should have worked on earlier,  is far beyond any business logic .
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-10-11, 9:21 am

I still believe that all numerics are better for pro .tel than TN. Simply because a VOIP company could embrace live listings via subdomains.
    Mark
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-10-12, 4:36 pm

..."Because I'm a name not a number..." [from Telnic's site and Telnic's videos]

As end user, I'm wondering if it is better to register a dottel domain with my, hard to remember, surname "garello.tel" or it is better to register my, easy to remember, phone number "393284769037.tel"

Of course, the phone number is fake.
    MWX
    MWX

Post by MWX 2016-12-15, 9:19 am

This domain was registered yesterday: http://14122532956.tel

Some people really are using this concept (although I don't know what for).
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2016-12-15, 8:45 pm

MWX wrote:This domain was registered yesterday: http://14122532956.tel

Some people really are using this concept (although I don't know what for).

So to all the people who already know your phone number you can simply say - enter myphonenumber.tel for EVERYTHING ELSE I want to make available to the world via the internet !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. This works best of course if you can take your phone number with you when you move house e.g. mobile rather than landline.
    MWX
    MWX

Post by MWX 2016-12-16, 3:04 am

Alright!

But is it practical to say to my contacts, "you can find me under 14122532956" instead of "you can find me under my name"?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2016-12-16, 6:05 pm

MWX wrote:Alright!

But is it practical to say to my contacts, "you can find me under 14122532956" instead of "you can find me under my name"?

If just done by a few individuals NO - but if done en-masse as suggested by me to Kash in my Big Idea then YES !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 12:16 pm