The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+12
Mad Max
Telnamer
Natal
hulltv
Sunrise
maxi
Tim Spears
Tel
JH
Alex
JLouisBiz
mikeseaton
16 posters

Who will be the first registrar to offer...

Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Who will be the first registrar to offer... - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the first registrar to offer...

Post by Telnamer 2013-01-04, 3:09 pm

hulltv wrote:Most important thing is to be seen in google yell gets good ranking so thats inportant to me.

My telnames somewhere on page 12 and i cant do anythingwith it to push it up the search so ill just forget about it in time and let it drop.

telnames just one page?there having a laugh!

There is no point in a telname but dot tel for long tail keywords now i do ok with that, and it gives me work everyday.

my phone rings from my tel everyday never will with telnames
    Give subdomains to Telnames and it would be the perfect website for 90 % of all business owners.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Who will be the first registrar to offer... - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the first registrar to offer...

Post by Sunrise 2013-01-04, 3:17 pm

Telnamer wrote:Give subdomains to Telnames and it would be the perfect website for 90 % of all business owners.
    This could happen at no costs, because Telnames friend Telnic surely would be happy to share the existing source code for it.
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-01-04, 3:20 pm

Sunrise wrote:
    Telnamer wrote:Give subdomains to Telnames and it would be the perfect website for 90 % of all business owners.
    This could happen at no costs, because Telnames friend Telnic surely would be happy to share the existing source code for it.
    that can be difficult if telnames refuses to share the source code for background images with telnic
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-04, 3:34 pm

Very funny! Telnames and Telnic are the same company, doesn't matter if they pretend otherwise.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-04, 4:47 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I suppose a price rise by Telnic .tel registrars could happen, after all if your competition raises its prices by nearly 67% there must be a temptation to follow suit !

Maybe its best to renew now rather than later, assuming of course that renewal is part of your game plan ?
    I think as I am not sure that prices will stay stabile for next years also, then I will better now first reduce my TELs by half or so, and only then renew the remainings.

There is no need to waste money on a risky entertainment when you are not sure about anything.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-01-04, 6:06 pm

For Telnic it shouldn't be so easy to increase the price level for 100 registrars.
    I don't know the ICANN regulations for that, but usually ICANN doesn't allow Wild West methods.
    And it would be contradictive to what we've learned yesterday: http://www.teltalk.org/t818-how-the-world-would-be-if-tel-would-be-successful#4655
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-04, 6:25 pm

Sunrise wrote:For Telnic it shouldn't be so easy to increase the price level for 100 registrars.
    I don't know the ICANN regulations for that, but usually ICANN doesn't allow Wild West methods.
    Lets hope that this will not happen.

Interesting, is it possible to complain about such thing (in case if it will happen) to Consumer Protection organisations in Great Britain?

Sunrise wrote:And it would be contradictive to what we've learned yesterday: http://www.teltalk.org/t818-how-the-world-would-be-if-tel-would-be-successful#4655
    For me it seems that many things, which happen, are conradictive to that link. And any consequences come from it.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2013-01-04, 7:06 pm

Telnic made a smart move with founding Telnames.
    Telnames is identified neither as registry nor as registrar.
    I even don't know what they are from the public view.
    But it's the first organization in the domain world that has evaded the regulation by ICANN - proven successfully already.
    Hence Telnames can act freely including adjusting the retail price whenever they want.
    Instead the official registry Telnic shall provide each registrar notice of any price increase of no less than 30 calendar days for initial domain name registrations and no less than 180 calendar days for renewal of domain name registrations.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-04, 7:15 pm

Sunrise wrote:For Telnic it shouldn't be so easy to increase the price level for 100 registrars.
    And it would be contradictive to what we've learned yesterday: http://www.teltalk.org/t818-how-the-world-would-be-if-tel-would-be-successful#4655
    Letting telnic/telnames run wild gives ICANN a perfect test bed for what customers will put up with and what companies can get away with, so they can later close loop holes and implement/make better regulations/decisions on the flood of new tlds on the way.
    Also if I remember correctly if telnic failed ICANN has all the code and would take over operations to maintain it before finding another sponsor, I tend to think theres some "if it fails" insurance something might cover it. Is there some kinda investment insurance? probably not but if so failing might not be a bad thing for telnic as someone else picks up the bill, like the tax payer refunds banks for bad gambling debts..
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-04, 7:27 pm

Actually if telnic failed and telnames was separate like all 3rd party registrars who just run the CP and resell are, then ICANN would take over running the main "loss leader" part of it so it would reduce costs and loss of investment, the domain extension would never be switched off as ICANN never lets it per legal agreements, telnames would continue to resell and as it's been marketed first and is growing they would be in the prime marketing position even if someone else came along as joe public would know telnames = .tel, so telnic gets dumped and telnames becomes profitable without telnic baggage. Seems VERY smart to me.
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2013-01-04, 7:39 pm

If I had known that domaining is so full of political games, I would have left my hands off.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-01-05, 8:47 am

ixida wrote:If I had known that domaining is so full of political games, I would have left my hands off.
    It's not normally anything like this !

I've been involved in the internet as a business (mostly .com) for over a decade now and never come across a situation handled like the .tel project before !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-01-05, 9:10 am

Toptel wrote:Hence Telnames can act freely including adjusting the retail price whenever they want.
    Instead the official registry Telnic shall provide each registrar notice of any price increase of no less than 30 calendar days for initial domain name registrations and no less than 180 calendar days for renewal of domain name registrations.
    That only affects the wholesale price each registrar pays to Telnic the registry.

AFAIK each registrar can change the retail price they charge the customer (ie. ourselves) at any time.

Obviously registrars will only increase the retail price if they think they can get away with it and not lose large numbers of customers to competing registrars !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-05, 9:34 am

mikeseaton wrote:Obviously registrars will only increase the retail price if they think they can get away with it and not lose large numbers of customers to competing registrars !
    What does that say about the price hike at Telnames?
    Will we see a much-improved product at the same time?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 7:41 am